1997 Honda Accord

Based on 817 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

unbeatable reliability

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "great camping vehicle, good gas mileage,"

Cons: "low to ground, remote door locks"

"No engine, trans, problems. just routine maint....changed timing belt every 75K, adjust valves every 100K, 1 new starter, no alternator replaced, factory battery 6 yrs 125K,...replaced radiator and cooling fans, distributor gasket replaced...speed sensor for cruise control and speedo new....rack and pinion seal leaks...2 set of front rotors..no calipers....GREAT CAR..station wagon was only built for 3 yrs...bigger...rear seat folds down."

The honda dream

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive great on gas and holds value very wll"

"bought this car for 3100$ about 1000$ more then what kbb appraised it for and i gotta say no regrets with only 120000 miles on it ill drive the car for a couple of years and get back close to what i paid for it very smooh strong engine. they need to make more cars like this not only is it extremely reliable good on gas and cheap to fix it can also be upgraded to a speedster >:)"

Still runs very good for a 16 yr old car

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

"The automatic lock is messing up and sometimes the automatic window control is slow to respond but other than that the car still runs smoothly. It still gets me to places without breaking down or over heating. I just have to give the car proper maintenance service (oil change and such) and it gives back the pleasure of one comfortable ride."

good first car

By on Thursday, December 17, 2009

"i love my car even though its older, its never lets me down. As long as you change the oil and keep the maintaince up your good to go. my friend had the same car and it lasted her up to 585,000 miles i couldnt beleive it. its a great car."

Car should last a lifetime

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"I have this car for 12 years and now has 208,000 miles on it. Basically doing all the fluid change oil, tranny, anti freeze. Replaced some parts due to wear and tear but no major problem with the engine and transmission. Now the car is given to my 18 year old son for his first car. It is still running strong just as the time I bought it. Probably will get another hundred thousand miles w/o problem. Now I have another Accord a 2002 that I bought used. Compared with the 96 the 2002 has better engine but lousy tranny. I realized how good the 96 tranny when I looked at the dipstick it is still purple red and it shifts smoothly. I would recommend the 1996 Accord to anyone looking for a good reliable used car."