1995 Honda Accord

Based on 816 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

good first car

By on Thursday, December 17, 2009

"i love my car even though its older, its never lets me down. As long as you change the oil and keep the maintaince up your good to go. my friend had the same car and it lasted her up to 585,000 miles i couldnt beleive it. its a great car."

Car should last a lifetime

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"I have this car for 12 years and now has 208,000 miles on it. Basically doing all the fluid change oil, tranny, anti freeze. Replaced some parts due to wear and tear but no major problem with the engine and transmission. Now the car is given to my 18 year old son for his first car. It is still running strong just as the time I bought it. Probably will get another hundred thousand miles w/o problem. Now I have another Accord a 2002 that I bought used. Compared with the 96 the 2002 has better engine but lousy tranny. I realized how good the 96 tranny when I looked at the dipstick it is still purple red and it shifts smoothly. I would recommend the 1996 Accord to anyone looking for a good reliable used car."

1997 Honda Accord, Manual...$1000

By on Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Pros: "Working well"

Cons: "No power locks or windows, some scratches"

"Unleaded gas, 24 miles/gallon, good condition, AM/FM radio, Honda check every 3000 miles, last check excellent and kept up to date, new exhaust pipe. Drives well and I drive it to work daily. Have all papers of upkeep."

My Favorite Car

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Rust"

"I purchased this car used in 2003 for $4,500 with 54,000 miles on it. The woman I purchase it from told me that it was her "favorite car" but that her husband purchased a new car for her every ten years. I'd had a lot trouble with my previous used cars. At the time, I was looking for something to last me the next 4 or 5 years. It is now 2014 and I still drive my Accord every day. This car has outperformed all of my expectations and I love driving it! The only major downside is the rust; the majority of the repairs and replacements I have had to make are due to rust and I can take it through a carwash in fear that I am going to lose a piece or two. The interior is in great condition though a few lights have gone out on the dash and the radio takes a while to tune in... AC still blows cold, engine keeps going. Progressive styling (for 1994) hides it's true age. Still very comfortable for long road trips. Handles alright on ice with snow tires. I am no longer a poor student and can afford a new vehicle but I can't let go of a car that has served me so well."

Like the Everready Bunny

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Transmission, reliability, maint, driving in snow."

Cons: "Exterior rust-proofing."

"My 1st Honda Accord, and probably not my last. Starts up the 1st time every time. During this past winter was my car of choice (FWD) to take it through the ice/snow; no problems. Has 232K+ miles however, feels like it's ready for another 100K (proper maintenance always a plus). I've noticed that there is a rust issue on these cars around the passenger exterior wheel well area; plan on fixing that issue myself when the warmer weax arrives. Not very fast on initial acceleration however, maintains quality/necessary speed after approx 5 seconds (50-60 MPH). Gas mileage is average to slightly above avg for this make, model, and year. Xmission still runs very smooth however, evident that it's not of new shifting condition. Passenger tie rod replacement due in the near future; I may take it on or just have my mechanic resolve. Overall, very happy with the 96 Accord LX. Would definitely purchase again."