1995 Honda Accord

Based on 818 Ratings for the 1994 - 1997 models.

1997 Honda Accord, Manual...$1000

By on Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Pros: "Working well"

Cons: "No power locks or windows, some scratches"

"Unleaded gas, 24 miles/gallon, good condition, AM/FM radio, Honda check every 3000 miles, last check excellent and kept up to date, new exhaust pipe. Drives well and I drive it to work daily. Have all papers of upkeep."

My Favorite Car

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Rust"

"I purchased this car used in 2003 for $4,500 with 54,000 miles on it. The woman I purchase it from told me that it was her "favorite car" but that her husband purchased a new car for her every ten years. I'd had a lot trouble with my previous used cars. At the time, I was looking for something to last me the next 4 or 5 years. It is now 2014 and I still drive my Accord every day. This car has outperformed all of my expectations and I love driving it! The only major downside is the rust; the majority of the repairs and replacements I have had to make are due to rust and I can take it through a carwash in fear that I am going to lose a piece or two. The interior is in great condition though a few lights have gone out on the dash and the radio takes a while to tune in... AC still blows cold, engine keeps going. Progressive styling (for 1994) hides it's true age. Still very comfortable for long road trips. Handles alright on ice with snow tires. I am no longer a poor student and can afford a new vehicle but I can't let go of a car that has served me so well."

Like the Everready Bunny

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Transmission, reliability, maint, driving in snow."

Cons: "Exterior rust-proofing."

"My 1st Honda Accord, and probably not my last. Starts up the 1st time every time. During this past winter was my car of choice (FWD) to take it through the ice/snow; no problems. Has 232K+ miles however, feels like it's ready for another 100K (proper maintenance always a plus). I've noticed that there is a rust issue on these cars around the passenger exterior wheel well area; plan on fixing that issue myself when the warmer weax arrives. Not very fast on initial acceleration however, maintains quality/necessary speed after approx 5 seconds (50-60 MPH). Gas mileage is average to slightly above avg for this make, model, and year. Xmission still runs very smooth however, evident that it's not of new shifting condition. Passenger tie rod replacement due in the near future; I may take it on or just have my mechanic resolve. Overall, very happy with the 96 Accord LX. Would definitely purchase again."

A really great car

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Excellent value, keeps on going!"

"This car just keeps on going! It's awesome. And great mileage. Roomy enough in both front and back. Not too large overall, a problem with some newer model years. Not luxurious but very workable and comfortable. Great sized and easy to access trunk. Love all the window glass--Honda has streamlined new 2013 models and taken away too much of the glass. I like seeing all the way around! Only have one glitch that is a problem in coastal climate winters- so I think is a problem for just this car, not the whole model year. --windows fog up inside and it takes turning on the air conditioner to get them clear, the heater defroster takes too long. This model year should be used as a baseline. Easy to maintain inside. Looks a little worn outside but just hard to give up a real winner."

I should have bought two when new

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "grease the wheels lips to prevent Honda rot"

"This has great gas mileage and a large hatch for hauling. the engine revs freely and even with 195mm tires it holds the road great. The interior has held up extremely well considering it is 17 years old. It looks like new except for the driver side factory mat that is worn. The carpeting below the mat is flawless. The only issue is the radio antenna no longer extends fully but still provides excellent reception on both am and fm."