1993 Honda Accord

Based on 484 Ratings for the 1992 - 1993 models.

Can't let it go

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I bought this car new, 18 years ago. Currently has 182,000 miles. Initially it had some minor problems, perhaps because it was the first year produced in the US, in addition to being a new model. After the bugs were worked out (all covered under warranty), it has been flawless. All original accessories work and have never been replaced. Current mpg is about 22 in city, 34 on highway (much better than EPA rating). I use plain old cheap, generic gas. It holds winding mountain roads like a charm - excellent steering and decent power (I easily do the speed limit). I'm a bit of a fanatic, so both exterior and interior are in superb condition, even give the desert heat. I'm also good about maintenane, including timing belts at 90,000 and 180,000 (recommendation is every five years, though). Most expensive thing was four motor mounts, at around $700, six years ago. They weren't mandatory, but made it ride like a new car. I, like someone else, had the driver's door lock up so it couldn't be opened. Although car was 12 years old, Honda fixed it at no charge. Also had a seatbelt go bad 2 years ago, and it was covered under lifetime warranty. Including everything (routine maintenance, tires, oil changes) I've averaged about $200 per year over the past eight years. I probably spend more than that per year on washing, waxing and detailing (all done by me). Last "repair" was new brakes four years ago. It could use new wheel covers. Struts are original, so might replace them, though not really necessary. About once a year I go out and test drive new cars. Each time, I get back in mine and say "why bother". If I were buying one of these, I'd want to see recent repair records and if not sure if timing belt was recently replaced, I'd do it (around $450 here, because they also do fuel pump). All I can tell you is that I still run into myself all over town - pulled into a Circle K the other day, and there were six 1990-1992 Accords. They just keep on going."

Great

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Thisc ar is definitely a must for someone not wanting to worry about expensive repair bills. I bought this car a year ago. Nothing major has been needed to keep this car going. I'm soon going tohave to replace a fan sensor ($30 from DEALERSHIP) and a new alternator. Sure, they're about $100. But, considering this car has 233K miles on it and still running strong, I don't mind litle things every so often."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Friday, January 18, 2008

"Excellent car i hve about 310000mi on my ride and a proud owner of 2 accords 92 and 93 models."

VERY reliable! I like the traditional box look!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"i just purchased my 3rd '92 accord today (8/16/07). this one has 148K miles on it and i have no reservations buying a honda with high miles. i bought this car for a highway commuter car. my new suv is racking up the miles so i decided to get another accord. my previous 2 accords ('92) both lasted past 150K with minimal repairs. i departed with those vehicles only because i moved cross country to NYC and no car was needed living in the city. i had no problem selling them. i have since moved out of the city and have a need for a car. with my first 2 accords, the radiator did crack. that model has a plastic top radiator. i replaced the plastic radiator with a metal model. had good fortune to have cars serviced with good, independent, honda service technicians."

I Heart Hondas

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"I've owned my 1993 Honda accord for 10 years now. I'm the second owner, and in all this time, I've not had one mechanical failure with the car!!! Sure, so the brakes and exhaust have a tendancy to be maintained a tiny bit more than other cars. But doing that routine maintenance is completely worth the reliability and comfort of the 1993 Honda Accord EX Coupe. Everything is still functional, and the closest I've had to repairing anything was getting the Master control arm changed, which didn't start to show signs of wear until the car was already 13 years old!! I have 186K on it, and still get about 23 mpg. There is no car out there that will last longer, and run stronger than the Honda accord. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!"