1993 Honda Accord

Based on 484 Ratings for the 1992 - 1993 models.

Best Car Ever Made!!

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I've owned 3 Hondas (an '88, '89 and a '90) and these cars are VERY, very reliable! They only require routine maintenance (belts, brakes, hoses, battery, etc.) and as long as you take care of them, they'll NEVER let you down. Believe all the reviews that say these cars go up to 400,000 miles, even higher! I love the interior design and they're very fun and sporty cars! I love how these models (1990-1993) sit low to the ground! Feels like a sports car! Excellent mpg and the motors are bulletproof! NO negatives about these cars! They could use a center console! My only complaint. I highly recommend these cars to anyone looking for reliable, inexpensive transportation. GREAT family cars, too!"

Best car I ever owned

By on Friday, September 4, 2009

"I purchased a 1992 Honda Accord EX- 4 door new in July 1992. I paid the full "sticker price", the dealer would not negotiate. I bought my car with the intention of being the only owner. I did as the dealer suggested and followed the schedule for upkeep. The car has provided well for me the last 17 years. I have had people come up to me & ask if I will sell the car. As I say, NO!!! I plan to continue my original goal, buying the car new & being the only owner."

Miss my car!

By on Thursday, December 30, 2010

"I received this car in 2000, and it was still going strong until it was totaled by a semi on Christmas Eve. This car had almost 200,000 miles on it and brought both my daughters home from the hospital. For a nearly twenty year old car, you can't beat the value we got out of it. There were some seemingly major repairs over the years, but overall, the maintenance on the car was quite minimal. The 1991 we had seemed to eat through batteries and tires rather quickly, but again, it wasn't a huge expense over the years. I miss this car dearly and am anticipating replacing it with another Honda. It is also of note that we were hit at seventy miles an hour by a semi on the interstate and all four of us walked away from the wreck. Honda has a good reputation for a reason!"

The Perfect Long-term Car

By on Monday, December 7, 2009

"I've owned a number of Hondas, and this 1993 Honda is still my car of choice today (2009). It has 205k miles and is still driving wonderfully well. Maintenance costs are low, as long as you maintain on schedule, and gas mileage is fantastic. This model is way better built than our "new" 2008 Honda Civic which has annoying little things breaking down, making noise, or "falling off". At this point, a seat belt retractor is the only thing not working. Made in Japan, extremely low cost of ownership. Get one if you can find one."

good

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"its really realible car, i would recommend it to anyone need something good on gas that will run forever, great for students"

Best vehicle ever

By on Monday, June 22, 2009

"We bought our 1990 Accord NEW, that's right, 19 years ago this month. It now has 250,000 very low maintenance miles on it. My son drives it now, who was not even born when we bought it. This car should go down in history as one of the best cars ever made. Truly amazing."

Honda

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I bought this car 1.5 years ago with 218000 miles. It currently stands at 238000 without fail. Car was well maintained when I bought it and I continue the tradition. Handles great, rides very nice, accelerates great with the 5-speed tranny. Right around 30 mpg. Leaks no oil but does burn a small amount. Less than a quart between oil changes. Only issue is the typical Honda dogleg rust behind the rear wheels. One of the best cars I've ever owned."

185,000 miles and still going

By on Thursday, February 19, 2009

"I have an EX in great condition, with a rear spoiler. SO MANY People ask me to sell them my car. What a great testament to the styling and reliability of this vehicle. Only downside is with 2 kids headed towards their teen years, the 2 door styling makes it tough to get in and out sometimes. Otherwise, 5 stars throughout!!!"

Overall Good Car

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"The 1993 Honda accord is an overall good car. It is very reliable. My car has 55000 miles and hasnt needed anything done with it except a couple of oil changes. I am 6'2" and just barely fit in the car though, it is just a bit small. If you are looking for a car with horsepower, this isn't it, but it makes up for it with great mpg. This car is good overall, and is a great car for the current market value."

great car

By on Saturday, December 20, 2008

"This is one the best cars i have ever owned its super reliable and does good on gas (25 to 28mpg). Bought it with 180k and now has 236k and that all original miles, no engine swap not even timing belt or water pump changed!! I even added racing headers with exhaust, and intake, and racing spark plug wires and the car still hasn't given me any problems. As long as you give it regular maintanance this car will last you forever!"

Can't let it go

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I bought this car new, 18 years ago. Currently has 182,000 miles. Initially it had some minor problems, perhaps because it was the first year produced in the US, in addition to being a new model. After the bugs were worked out (all covered under warranty), it has been flawless. All original accessories work and have never been replaced. Current mpg is about 22 in city, 34 on highway (much better than EPA rating). I use plain old cheap, generic gas. It holds winding mountain roads like a charm - excellent steering and decent power (I easily do the speed limit). I'm a bit of a fanatic, so both exterior and interior are in superb condition, even give the desert heat. I'm also good about maintenane, including timing belts at 90,000 and 180,000 (recommendation is every five years, though). Most expensive thing was four motor mounts, at around $700, six years ago. They weren't mandatory, but made it ride like a new car. I, like someone else, had the driver's door lock up so it couldn't be opened. Although car was 12 years old, Honda fixed it at no charge. Also had a seatbelt go bad 2 years ago, and it was covered under lifetime warranty. Including everything (routine maintenance, tires, oil changes) I've averaged about $200 per year over the past eight years. I probably spend more than that per year on washing, waxing and detailing (all done by me). Last "repair" was new brakes four years ago. It could use new wheel covers. Struts are original, so might replace them, though not really necessary. About once a year I go out and test drive new cars. Each time, I get back in mine and say "why bother". If I were buying one of these, I'd want to see recent repair records and if not sure if timing belt was recently replaced, I'd do it (around $450 here, because they also do fuel pump). All I can tell you is that I still run into myself all over town - pulled into a Circle K the other day, and there were six 1990-1992 Accords. They just keep on going."

Great

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Thisc ar is definitely a must for someone not wanting to worry about expensive repair bills. I bought this car a year ago. Nothing major has been needed to keep this car going. I'm soon going tohave to replace a fan sensor ($30 from DEALERSHIP) and a new alternator. Sure, they're about $100. But, considering this car has 233K miles on it and still running strong, I don't mind litle things every so often."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Friday, January 18, 2008

"Excellent car i hve about 310000mi on my ride and a proud owner of 2 accords 92 and 93 models."

VERY reliable! I like the traditional box look!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"i just purchased my 3rd '92 accord today (8/16/07). this one has 148K miles on it and i have no reservations buying a honda with high miles. i bought this car for a highway commuter car. my new suv is racking up the miles so i decided to get another accord. my previous 2 accords ('92) both lasted past 150K with minimal repairs. i departed with those vehicles only because i moved cross country to NYC and no car was needed living in the city. i had no problem selling them. i have since moved out of the city and have a need for a car. with my first 2 accords, the radiator did crack. that model has a plastic top radiator. i replaced the plastic radiator with a metal model. had good fortune to have cars serviced with good, independent, honda service technicians."

I Heart Hondas

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"I've owned my 1993 Honda accord for 10 years now. I'm the second owner, and in all this time, I've not had one mechanical failure with the car!!! Sure, so the brakes and exhaust have a tendancy to be maintained a tiny bit more than other cars. But doing that routine maintenance is completely worth the reliability and comfort of the 1993 Honda Accord EX Coupe. Everything is still functional, and the closest I've had to repairing anything was getting the Master control arm changed, which didn't start to show signs of wear until the car was already 13 years old!! I have 186K on it, and still get about 23 mpg. There is no car out there that will last longer, and run stronger than the Honda accord. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!"

Excellent!

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"I bought a '93 Accord with 145,000 miles on it in 2000... one guy I worked with told me I was crazy to buy a used car with so many miles on it. 7 years later, that car has 258,000 miles on it, and is still running strong."

LOVE IT

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"This is TRULY a perfect car!!! Had mine for LITERALLY 17 years and YES it still runs like a beauty! Had to upgrade .... you would think after 17 years .... BEST value and BEST car ever MADE!!! I have the 07 sedan accord ex and honestly I LOVE IT too but it is NOTHING like the 90!! THANK YOU HONDA FOR THE BEST CARS! FYI....the older models are better for kids learning to drive! GREAT STARTER CAR!! THATS WHAT MINE WAS :)"

best car we've ever had

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"262,000 miles and rolling. Have replaced all the things that wear out with time (water pump, radiator, alternator, battery, etc.) except the starter. We've had the car for 12 years and have changed oil and transmission fluid regularly, but have only had about 3 tune-ups in 12 years. It just keeps going and going. I would trust it to go anywhere in the country today. My mechanic has seen the same car with more than 400.000 miles running good. If you find one that has been taken care of-- you can't go wrong."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, lots of space"

Cons: "foreign parts, meteric, harder to find parts"

"I have had this car for about two years now. It gets excelent gas mileage. I drive 30 minutes to and from work/school every day, plus driving around town and I only have to fill up from half a tank once a week. Even with all the miles on it, it is still a reliable little car. There is plenty of space inside the car for 4 passengers and enough room in the trunk for two cart fulls of groceries!"

Take care of it and it will take care of you!

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Not one flaw in 20 years of ownership"

Cons: "No flaws, no excuse for new truck"

"Grandparents bought new off lot in 1992. Gave it to my parents. We inherited it. It has been babied. In 20 years we have had to do very little. In the last 4 years we have only done oil changes. We have had random people ask us if we would sell it to them. We get about 24mpg around town and 30mpg on the freeway. We love it. Husband wants truck, but can't give up the accord. We will give it to my daughter when she turns 16. Then it will have been through 4 generations and still runs perfectly. If you take care of your honda, it will take care of you and your family."

I LOVE THIS CAR! SHE IS MY BABY!

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"I bought this car at 150,000 miles at a great price! I have had this car for 5 years now and have NEVER had a problem with it!(other than motors in power windows, easily and cheap to replace) It has recently hit 349,000 miles and still runs beautifully! I drive it everyday and she does not act or sound like she has any motor or tranny issues, still gets aprox 28mpg and drives like a pro(even though i have wrecked her a few times!) I would definetly recommend this car to anyone and everyone who wants a reliable yet affordable vehicle! I will keep her until she dies! Then i will buy another one maybe even as old as this one!"

1990 Honda accord ex

By on Sunday, March 14, 2010

"I have owned this car since new ,it now has 252,000 miles on it.the main relay switch went bad and stranded me for the first time. This car looks like it is brand new on the inside, the seats wear like iron ! the outside has rust around the wheelwells.the engine is still strong and will go for many more miles."

excellent car

By on Friday, February 19, 2010

"take it from a dealer employee-if you see one 2dr with low mileage grab it-"

all hondas

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"This is my 4th Honda Accord. I love the reliability of these cars! Those who have problems w/ the trunk leaking, its usually the seal around the back tail light. Easy fix @ hm. I need to get out of Hondas unfortunatlly, all of mine have been broke into, this one was stolen, ya #1 in the country its true. :( A good one should take you well over 200,000 ml. With little to no head heaches"

Good car fun to drive

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Had car 10 years from 111,000 miles to 132000 miles. Had car till transmission went out. The engine was fantastic, but leaked oil, and trunk leaked water. Over all a great car."