• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,543 - $27,572.

10/8.2

9.4

Based on 18 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Was worth waiting for!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "Technology and mileage."

Cons: "A/C lacks in Florida summer."

"Touring Hybrid purchased 3/14 (waited since release on 10/13 because no dealer would negotiate price and the color was not available), now has 7812 miles and oil life still at 40%. Average miles since purchase is 48.5, lately getting 50.5, smooth running and love the technology. Have noticed mileage goes down if you cruise at over 70, goes up at 55mph. Would like A/C to be a little colder faster, but Florida summers at 98 degrees can be hard on anyone. This one is a keeper (except if Prelude came back)."

The mileage is true and here is the proof

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy MPG"

Cons: "Cost"

"For me at least the verdict is in. The Accord Hybrid MPG ratings are really true and here is my proof. I own the 2014 Accord Hybrid touring model with approximately 5800 miles on the odometer. I took this picture of my trip computer a few weeks ago and when you compute the average mileage it works out to slightly over 50 mpg over 4600+ miles. This mileage is over both city (local) and Highway driving, with short as well as long trips. The AC is on economode most of the time. I have to say that while in economode we were not hot or uncomfortable. Overall the car drives well with quick acceleration and nimble response and there is a small engine revving sound at low speeds however it is not too annoying and goes away quickly. The Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and the extra camera on the right side are excellent features as a plus."

Excellent vehicle for city traffic and highway

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Responsive, good handling, cabin space, fuel econ"

Cons: "Variable engine noise on acceleration"

"To my eye the most attractive mid-size sedan with more cabin space than most. Very responsive and effortless to drive in city traffic. Many bells and whistles. Three times the city fuel economy of replaced luxury SUV and better ride and performance although less visibility. Trunk space adequate for our needs (2 people mostly). Engine can be noisy accelerating onto highway or up steep grades. Surprised there was not more sound insulation on this. However, very quiet cruising at 80 on hwy and accelerates surprisingly well to pass. LA to SFO was almost effortless. In California some/many components, including battery, have an emissions warranty up to 150,000 miles. Ask to check the warranty booklet in the car as dealer reps were not very informative. May buy an extended warranty from Honda near 3ys/36k as a lot of newer technology in this vehicle."

The gas mileage - I have 49.8 mpg over 3770 miles

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage (really is 50 mpg), interior design"

Cons: "price"

"I own the Touring model and this review is in addition to my review I had posted on May 2014. I currently have 3770 miles on my odometer with an average of 49.8 mpg. Yes, it is true, the gas mileage is really true to their estimates as it has proved out for me not over one or two small drives but over 3700 miles of combined city and highway driving since I bought the car. Needless to say during individual drives I have got mpg numbers of as high as 59-60 mpg and as low as 36-38 mpg during some drives, however the average over 3770 miles is a whooping 49.8 so I am a happy camper. During all this driving, I have found the car and its interior to be very comfortable and quite pleasing. There is an engine sound during low speed acceleration when I press the pedal however, it does not last long and overall the gas mileage so far has been worth it. Another point to note is that my driving style has not changed much, in traffic conditions and on local roads the EV drive automatically kicks in and when required the gasoline engine also kicks in to provide quick pickup for passing etc. The feel of the car during highway driving is no different from a gasoline only engine and so overall I am very pleased with my purchase. I also hope and feel confident that this remarkable gas mileage will continue as the car gets older. I also like the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) feature as it is quite remarkable to witness how the car automatically controls the speed. The trunk space is small however I use this as my daily commute car and so I have not had any issues with it. Also several of my colleagues when we have gone out together have commented as to how comfortable the rear seats are in terms of legroom and head space."

Like the Car except Trunk Space and MPG

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, handling, connectivity"

Cons: "Trunk Space, MPG not as advertised, No Spare Tire"

"I purchased this car at the end of May 2014. My commute to work is 154 miles RT every day with 70% being Interstate at 70 MPH and the remainder small town and 55 MPH two lane black top. The MPG has been disappointing considering the 51 / 45 claim. On my daily trip I average about 42 MPG using the best driving habits I can. The trunk space is dismal and I do not like the fact that there is no spare tire. The ride and handling are very good. I really enjoy the sound system and blue tooth connectivity. The interior fit leaves something to be desired because the car has several temperature and vibration related rattles in the interior."