2005 GMC Yukon

Based on 926 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Can't be beat

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Pros: "Drives great, nothing ever breaks, solid, safe"

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't bad on this. Averaged 18-19."

"Hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned. Other than tires & oil, I hardly had to do anything to this vehicle. It drove exactly the same from the day I got it with 92k til I hit a deer the other night & now she's totaled. Had over 230k on her & she ran like a top, all the interior, other than driver's seat showing wear, was tops. Nothing breaking, nothing not working. Decent gas mileage, and Cornelia was a flex fuel 5.3L, and ran smoother on that than premium. Just a beautiful SUV that drove like a performance sedan, this big cat is the one you want. Nimble, tight turning radius, comfortable. It was like sitting on your couch at home doing 80 mph down the hwy. Gonna miss the old girl, but am on the hunt for another one. Feel like I've lost a family member."

Completely Reliable

By on Saturday, September 24, 2016

Pros: "Big, Comfy, Timeless, Great Value, Looks Great,"

Cons: "Extremely long!!"

"300,000 miles--and still running strong--and driven almost daily. I wanted a big SUV, and I always liked the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon triplets, but was skeptical of GM because I'd had so much trouble with my Cadillac CTS. But I found a Yukon XL that really interested me, and I bought it. Looking back 8 years later, I made a great decision==one of the best buying decisions I've ever made in my life and that's no exaggeration. This truck has been an absolute blessing and a superbly reliable vehicle. Its a member of the family! Very low maintenance and exceptional comfort. Gas mileage isn't unreasonable. Extremely reliable and there's nothing this truck can't do--tow, pull, push and get your family where it needs to go safely, comfortably reliably. I've got 300,000 miles on mine and I hope to put another 300K on the dash! I've taken a look at newer models but I just can't imagine selling this truck. Were I to do so, I'd probably cry like a baby! I absolutely recommend this vehicle!"

Couldn't have bought a better SUV

By on Monday, August 8, 2016

Pros: "Space, Storage, 4WD, Power, Comfort, Safety, Sexy"

Cons: "MPG, Size"

"Father bought our Yukon XL 1500 SLT back in 2003 right when they came out and cant be happier. Been through a family of 6 and 225,000 miles and only has minimum deterioration. The leather has some rips and the interior radio lights are dim. Only realistic cons are the size of the vehicle and how it can be hard to maneuver and the MPG. This truly is such a reliable truck. When I valet other cars with as many miles non come close to the level of durability except other Suburbans and Yukon's. I would recommend this truck to anyone. PS I hate the redesign for the truck in 2007. ill probably buy an 06 with as little mileage as possible."

Dependable, solid, comfortable vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Pros: "Hauling, Comfort and Mileage"

Cons: "Truly cannot think of anything I would rate as Con"

"I have owned this car since 2004 and it now has 120,000+ miles. It has been an absolute perfect vehicle. Absolutely no problems whatsoever, except a tiny leak in AC system and, lately, a slight whirring sound in rear end. Assume it will have to be replaced at some point, but still runs like a dream. It is an extremely comfortable ride and I am really impressed with its MPG, which is mid to high teens in town and low 20's on road. For what it is currently worth at around $4,500, it is a far better car than the money I could get for it. Will drive it until the wheels fall off..."

Wonderful all-rounder!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, pretty, great hauler, handles great"

Cons: "Cheap interior materials"

14 years old and going strong!

"I bought my 2002 GMC Yukon XL Denali in 2004 with 15000 miles on it. It now has 130,000 and runs like new! Once you get over the fact that it's more than 18 ft long and weighs 3 tons you begin to realize how great it really is. It is a heavy old hector and you can definitely feel the weight but with that being said it handles itself very well. I recently purchased a 2016 GMC Sierra and honestly there are many days I'd rather be driving my old Yukon. The interior quality isn't great, the plastics feel very cheap and a little flimsy. The leather has gotten quite worn out and will tear soon, and it looks as though they cut a garbage can in half to make the dashboard. With that being said nothing I've ever owned compares to it on ice and in the rain, even my new truck isn't as sure-footed when things get dicey. I live in Northern Michigan and there is a lot of salt on the roads so rust is an issue, she's held up okay but the paint could definitely be better quality with a MSRP of $48,000 new. The engine and transmission are top-notch, tows my boat around all summer like it's not even there and other than regular maintenance I've had to put almost no money in her to keep her running perfect."

14 years old and going strong!

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Yukon near Honolulu. See local deals