1997 GMC Yukon

Based on 177 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Very Nice Truck!

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "really fun to drive"

Cons: "mpg is a little rough"

"When I turned 15 my uncle gave me his 1994 GMC Yukon. I loved it so much for its reliability. It has quite a bit of power and very good towing. Up in the North of the country weather gets very harsh. This truck has helped me get out of snow and helped towed my friends out of ditches. This is an awesome truck!"

Engineered defects

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"I own a 1999 GMC Yukon. I had to replace the fuel pump, very expensive, at about 110k miles, and then the water pump at 120K. Funny thing is, I also own a 1998 chevy pickup and my father owns a 1999 chevy tahoe and all three vehicles needed the same parts replaced within 6 months of eachother and within 5k miles of eachother. Also had to replace the alternators and starters at about the same intervals and within a couple of months of eachother. I think that this is the strongest evidence I have ever seen of engineering defects into a vehicle so that they can make the aftermarket money. The big three american auto makers want to know why they are losing market share, well quality is a great big reason. Also, all three of these vehicles were "assembled" at the plant in mexico, if that has anything to do with it. Hope GM saved some money because it sure is costing me a bundle."

It can do anything!!! just not efficiently.

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "FUN FUN FUN!!! invinceable tank"

Cons: "not the best gas mileage"

"It can drive over any terrain or weather condition. It can pull waaay more than you think it can. It can carry 5 legally but I've had 8 inside COMFORTABLY!!! Its frame will protect you in any crash so long as you stay inside of it. Despite wieghing 6500 lbs it is actually pretty fast! I race people from time to time and I have beaten almost all of them. It is extremly comfortable and drives like its still new even after 205,000 miles. This vehicle can do anything, go anywhere, and take any challenge...so long as you can afford a little gas. At its best we got 18 mpg and that was dragging a boat through the mountains. Normally we expect 13 mpg average in the winter and 15 in the summer since the final drive gear takes longer to drop in when first started."

good car, enjoyable, flexible use

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

"we liked and still like this car -- but a V-8 means it uses more gasoline than we would like. Good for towing, family outings, we have driven single trips more than 3,000 miles with pretty good dependability and comfort. Have camped in it and slept in the back, hauled firewood, sofas,etc. and has been useful at moving time. Wife feels safe driving on highways populated with big trucks. On the down side, repairs tend to be on the expensive side - but that's mostly labor costs -- parts are not cheap but more reasonable than foreign cars."

Sell after 100K

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I own a 1999 GMC Yukon Denali. Ever since it reached 100K miles it has cost me a fortune. It has left me stranded twice. I have had to replace the coolant connection, the water pump and the intake manifold. These are all coolant related issues and were not cheap to fix. I have had to replace the fuel pump. Brilliant design (it's inside the gas tank and costs about $800 to fix) The air conditioner went out at 110K and it is going to cost $1100 to fix! The interior lights and radio lights are going out, the heated seats are staring to go out. The power windows and door locks are worn out and do not work properly. All of this would be fine if they could be fixed but they can't they all have to be entirely replaced and on average all of these parts cost over $300 dollars to replace. I purchased this vehicle with 45K and didn't really have any problems until it reached 100K. I never use the truck to haul anything and it is used for mostly highway driving. This vehicle has been paid off for some time but what good is it when every time I turn around it needs something else. On a positive note the motor is strong and the truck looks great. It has great interior space and plenty of room for passengers or cargo. It doesn't get great gas mileage, but it's not supposed to. Overall it was a fine truck I would just sell it before you get 100K on it. I have over 130K miles on mine and it needs over 2K in repairs just so everything would work properly. I have another vehicle with over 175K on it and have had very few problems. I didn't expect my Yukon to last forever but I expected more than this. Toyota here I come!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Yukon near Honolulu. See local deals