1994 GMC Yukon

Based on 177 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Very Nice Truck!

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "really fun to drive"

Cons: "mpg is a little rough"

"When I turned 15 my uncle gave me his 1994 GMC Yukon. I loved it so much for its reliability. It has quite a bit of power and very good towing. Up in the North of the country weather gets very harsh. This truck has helped me get out of snow and helped towed my friends out of ditches. This is an awesome truck!"

It can do anything!!! just not efficiently.

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "FUN FUN FUN!!! invinceable tank"

Cons: "not the best gas mileage"

"It can drive over any terrain or weather condition. It can pull waaay more than you think it can. It can carry 5 legally but I've had 8 inside COMFORTABLY!!! Its frame will protect you in any crash so long as you stay inside of it. Despite wieghing 6500 lbs it is actually pretty fast! I race people from time to time and I have beaten almost all of them. It is extremly comfortable and drives like its still new even after 205,000 miles. This vehicle can do anything, go anywhere, and take any challenge...so long as you can afford a little gas. At its best we got 18 mpg and that was dragging a boat through the mountains. Normally we expect 13 mpg average in the winter and 15 in the summer since the final drive gear takes longer to drop in when first started."

Engineered defects

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"I own a 1999 GMC Yukon. I had to replace the fuel pump, very expensive, at about 110k miles, and then the water pump at 120K. Funny thing is, I also own a 1998 chevy pickup and my father owns a 1999 chevy tahoe and all three vehicles needed the same parts replaced within 6 months of eachother and within 5k miles of eachother. Also had to replace the alternators and starters at about the same intervals and within a couple of months of eachother. I think that this is the strongest evidence I have ever seen of engineering defects into a vehicle so that they can make the aftermarket money. The big three american auto makers want to know why they are losing market share, well quality is a great big reason. Also, all three of these vehicles were "assembled" at the plant in mexico, if that has anything to do with it. Hope GM saved some money because it sure is costing me a bundle."

Owned 4 GMT400s...best truck built in the 90's

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"I've have owned 4 GMT400s over the years and all over 200k. I've had 2 95s, 97 and 98. The 95 year has to be one of most reliable vechicals out there. When they went to Vortec in 96 there was some issues with intake gasket and fuel injectors...but still a great truck. Fuel gauges are sensitive to to bad fuel and can fail. Otherwise no issues and the suspension is rock solid, never replaced anything in any of ones i've owned. When you want to shift the transmission manually, just lift the gas pedal a little...this also keeps the trans from wearing out. Extract and replace a few quarts of trans fluid every 30-40k."

the best suv i have ever owned

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "4 wheel drive works great"

Cons: "tons of cup holders"

"if u dont have one buy oone there great"

good car, enjoyable, flexible use

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

"we liked and still like this car -- but a V-8 means it uses more gasoline than we would like. Good for towing, family outings, we have driven single trips more than 3,000 miles with pretty good dependability and comfort. Have camped in it and slept in the back, hauled firewood, sofas,etc. and has been useful at moving time. Wife feels safe driving on highways populated with big trucks. On the down side, repairs tend to be on the expensive side - but that's mostly labor costs -- parts are not cheap but more reasonable than foreign cars."

most reliable truck ive ever owned

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "roomy, powerful,based on a truck chasis real 4wd"

Cons: "12 mpg"

"bought last year for 2000 needing intake gaskets (very common problem with early vortec engines) did it my self and for under 100$ had a good reliable family truck. its a 98 and it had 110000 miles and now i got 157000 on it now other than set of tires brakes and normal stuff oil trans dif and transfer case oil changes its very reliable and runs great does anything i ask of it and just does it and im not easy on trucks"

This vehicle is reliable!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable seats"

Cons: "new Yukons are pricey."

"This vehicle has been the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned. It drives great. I still take 3000 mile trips with no concern of being stranded. I live where there is a lot of ice and snow. We also live close to a lake with sandy beaches. I have never been stuck in our Yukon but I have pulled out other vehicles that were. Our Yukon is 15 years old and we have only replaced a water pump and the battery a couple of times. It is comfortable and my kids have lots of space. I also like that there is plenty of room in the back. We have used it to move also."

Great truck

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"Normal maint. issues. otherwise reliable."

great truck

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "a do everything vehicle"

Cons: "only 2 small cup holders and not great mpg"

"gets 15 to 16 mpg with a 350 ci. not bad in my book. plenty of power. great for off road or on road. has a smooth ride."

its awesome

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

"i juv the truck. gonna pass it on to my sone. 3rd one ive had and this bodystyle is classic. highly recommend!!!!"

I love this vehicle

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "size, power, reliability"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I purchased my 1998 Yukon 6 years ago, it had 125,000 miles on it then. I have added an additional 126K to it myself and love it. It has always been reliable and has never let me down. I am looking at buying a newer Yukon or Denali. This is my 2nd GMC and both of them have passed 250k miles with no problem. The yukon runs great still."

One of the best four wheel drive SUV's ever.

By on Monday, January 25, 2010

"I have owned two Yukons one was a 93 and the other is a 95. I have discovered all of the flaws and all of the benefits there are to these SUV's. I know from experience they can get in and out of anything as long as you don't let the throttle get the best of you. This is the perfect suv for anyone who lives in the woods. I do however recommend the four door if you have children."

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"this has been my daily driver for the past four years and has held up quite nicely. i drive 70 miles a day and don't feel beat up when i get out. for as many miles that i have on it, i don't have the creaks and cracks that so many other cars have of this vintage. i am still getting 15mpg"

Sell after 100K

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I own a 1999 GMC Yukon Denali. Ever since it reached 100K miles it has cost me a fortune. It has left me stranded twice. I have had to replace the coolant connection, the water pump and the intake manifold. These are all coolant related issues and were not cheap to fix. I have had to replace the fuel pump. Brilliant design (it's inside the gas tank and costs about $800 to fix) The air conditioner went out at 110K and it is going to cost $1100 to fix! The interior lights and radio lights are going out, the heated seats are staring to go out. The power windows and door locks are worn out and do not work properly. All of this would be fine if they could be fixed but they can't they all have to be entirely replaced and on average all of these parts cost over $300 dollars to replace. I purchased this vehicle with 45K and didn't really have any problems until it reached 100K. I never use the truck to haul anything and it is used for mostly highway driving. This vehicle has been paid off for some time but what good is it when every time I turn around it needs something else. On a positive note the motor is strong and the truck looks great. It has great interior space and plenty of room for passengers or cargo. It doesn't get great gas mileage, but it's not supposed to. Overall it was a fine truck I would just sell it before you get 100K on it. I have over 130K miles on mine and it needs over 2K in repairs just so everything would work properly. I have another vehicle with over 175K on it and have had very few problems. I didn't expect my Yukon to last forever but I expected more than this. Toyota here I come!"

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Car has 200,000 miles on it and has the last of the "bulletproof" engines (all steel). Last trip from California to the East Coast showed how powerful the unit is as it travelled over 4000 miles including sight seeing along the way. Up or down mountains were no problem, not a single problem with the cooling system. Averaged slightly over 19 mpg for the trip. Reliability and performance excellent."

LOVE THIS TRUCK

By on Sunday, September 23, 2007

"WHEN WE BOUGHT THIS VEHICLE IT HAD 43,000 MILES ON IT. WE HAVE OWNED THIS SUV FOR SEVEN YEARS AND HAVE PUT OVER 150,000 MILES ON IT. WE LOVE HOW IT RIDES AND DRIVES. WE HAVE NEVER HAD TO DO ANYTHING MAJOR TO IT, ONLY ROUTINE MAINTENANCE. THE ROOMINESS WITH TWO TEENAGERS IS UNBELIEVABLE. AS A MOM ON THE GO, I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!"

Great car

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Steering is wonderful with no effort. Turning radius and pick up is great. Can take road abuse and stay on the road. Visibility is great."

I love my Yukon

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"We purchased our Yukon used about 5 years ago and it is the best vehicle I have owned. Gas mileage is awful, but what do you expect with a big powerful motor. The truck drives wonderfully and is very comfortable for all who ride. I feel safe and in fact my Yukon saved my life in an accident when I was almost t-boned by a mid sized van. I would buy one again."

A truck for all seasons

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"This has been a fantastic vehical for us. We tow a 22 foot pontoon boat in the summer, and it has proven to be exceptional in the snow. It doubles as a camper "up north" , and does it all with a minimum of up keep. We feel very fortunate to have this truck."

I wish GM cars were as good

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I've had this truck for 5 years. Its very comfortable, does a great job towing a boat and is great on the highway. Gas mileage is as expected. I wash GM made cars as good as this truck."

always there for me winter or summer

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"great car"

Great Reliable Ride

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"I bought my Denali used two years ago and didnt know what to expect. I have no regrets what so ever."

What a runner

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "reliable for me"

Cons: "a bit like driving a horse drawn carriage"

"It is beginning to fall apart around me and I cringe at the gas station, but every morning I go out and start the thing without a worry. It takes me roughly 1500 miles a month and as long as I feed it oil it asks little in return."

best yesterday and today

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "with a reg oil change i should get 4-500,000 miles"

Cons: "fuel pump shorts out"

"i love the truck. i paid 3000 for mine in 06. still drive it the vortec motor is so strong it will scare you. i hook the trailor to it and whatever i need to haul its hauled"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Yukon near Honolulu. See local deals