2006 GMC Yukon XL 1500

Based on 927 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Can't be beat

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Pros: "Drives great, nothing ever breaks, solid, safe"

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't bad on this. Averaged 18-19."

"Hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned. Other than tires & oil, I hardly had to do anything to this vehicle. It drove exactly the same from the day I got it with 92k til I hit a deer the other night & now she's totaled. Had over 230k on her & she ran like a top, all the interior, other than driver's seat showing wear, was tops. Nothing breaking, nothing not working. Decent gas mileage, and Cornelia was a flex fuel 5.3L, and ran smoother on that than premium. Just a beautiful SUV that drove like a performance sedan, this big cat is the one you want. Nimble, tight turning radius, comfortable. It was like sitting on your couch at home doing 80 mph down the hwy. Gonna miss the old girl, but am on the hunt for another one. Feel like I've lost a family member."

Completely Reliable

By on Saturday, September 24, 2016

Pros: "Big, Comfy, Timeless, Great Value, Looks Great,"

Cons: "Extremely long!!"

"300,000 miles--and still running strong--and driven almost daily. I wanted a big SUV, and I always liked the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon triplets, but was skeptical of GM because I'd had so much trouble with my Cadillac CTS. But I found a Yukon XL that really interested me, and I bought it. Looking back 8 years later, I made a great decision==one of the best buying decisions I've ever made in my life and that's no exaggeration. This truck has been an absolute blessing and a superbly reliable vehicle. Its a member of the family! Very low maintenance and exceptional comfort. Gas mileage isn't unreasonable. Extremely reliable and there's nothing this truck can't do--tow, pull, push and get your family where it needs to go safely, comfortably reliably. I've got 300,000 miles on mine and I hope to put another 300K on the dash! I've taken a look at newer models but I just can't imagine selling this truck. Were I to do so, I'd probably cry like a baby! I absolutely recommend this vehicle!"

Dependable, solid, comfortable vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Pros: "Hauling, Comfort and Mileage"

Cons: "Truly cannot think of anything I would rate as Con"

"I have owned this car since 2004 and it now has 120,000+ miles. It has been an absolute perfect vehicle. Absolutely no problems whatsoever, except a tiny leak in AC system and, lately, a slight whirring sound in rear end. Assume it will have to be replaced at some point, but still runs like a dream. It is an extremely comfortable ride and I am really impressed with its MPG, which is mid to high teens in town and low 20's on road. For what it is currently worth at around $4,500, it is a far better car than the money I could get for it. Will drive it until the wheels fall off..."

Best Car We've Ever Owned

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

Reason: Wrecked.

Pros: "Safe, Spacious, Luxurious, Useful, Nice."

Cons: "Expensive when new, doesn't do the dishes"

"This car was amazing. We bought ours new in 2005 and probably would have kept it forever if we weren't involved in an accident. If you need an SUV, look no further than the GMC Yukon. All of the convenience and luxury packages are just nice (for example; Sunroof, Towing Package, Leather, Bose, Navigation, Bluetooth - just to name a few). The car has never broken down or had any problems whatsoever. This doesn't drive like other SUV's; The steering is responsive and the engine is very powerful. Despite the weight, you'll accelerate pretty quickly thanks to this monster 5.3l V8. The gas mileage is actually pretty good considering this is an SUV, but it's still costly. The interior is absolutely massive and was thought through very well. The exterior is strong and is a lot nicer than the Tahoe. Whether you need this car for kids, towing, work, whatever, this is the best SUV that you'll find."

Enjoy this vehicle...even after driving a Suburban

By on Monday, March 3, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, easy to handle with extra seating"

Cons: "Low gas mileage"

"Like this vehicle....sharp looker and handles beautifully and is a really nice ride...haven't had any issues, although we purchased it used. Absolutely would get another, although would like to see the gas mileage get a little better."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Yukon XL 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals