2010 GMC Terrain

7.7

Based on 308 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

a lot of problems

By on Thursday, April 27, 2017

Cons: "converter went out 100.00 miles .. timing belt out"

"all these have trouble with timing belts GM wouldnt do aything about it."

Awesome SUV

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive and looks elegant"

Cons: "acceleration is slow and no cigarette lighters"

"This truck comes stocked with everything you need for your basic SUV. It includes a USB connect in the console for you IPOD lovers and an internal AUX port good for plugging up your Kindle to read to you through your speakers while you drive. Its really roomy in both the front and back cabins and seats tall people especially comfortably both length and height. There is a lot of head room left even with a 6'plus person in the backseat. Going from a full size truck to an SUV I was used to having a truck bed to haul stuff, but the seats in this SUV fold down and slide back and forth to accommodate just as much as your truck bed would and without the interference of the wheel wells. Its great on gas mileage as long as you leave the ECO mode on, but the ECO mode makes it hard to shift up to fast speeds while trying to merge into oncoming traffic. If you turn it off though, the truck picks up speed with no problem but you also burn a lot of gas in the process. I easily get 25 MPG in the city and about 29 on the highway which is awesome for an SUV. The physical appearance is beautiful - not too flashy but still sleek and elegant. The stitching in the seats use red thread so you feel like you've gotten an upgrade as soon as you sit in it. Overall the GMC Terrain is a great buy and its worth every penny of the price!"

Loving my Terrain

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "great ride, quiet, roomy"

Cons: "voice commands don't work with my phone."

"I traded my Jetta TDI for the Terrain because it was just too small. The Terrain has a more masculine look to it, and it doesn't have the same look as all the others in its class. So far, I've been averaging 24-25 mpg. I have gotten over 34 on a long trip with the ECO mode on and paying attention to my throttle. My only complaint is that the voice commands didn't work with my phone when I bought it. I knew I was getting a new phone in a few weeks, but when I got it (Samsung S4), the voice command still doesn't work. This is apparently a known issue and is being worked on by GM. Even with that very minor issue, I love this vehicle!"

LOVE IT!!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "very attractive, good on gas, roomy"

"I had wanted one of these since they came out in 2010. Finally in 2012 I had the opportunity to purchase a new one! I have not have one complaint, or problem. And I get MANY compliments on my vehicle everywhere I go."

Good Car

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"I have a 2012 Terrain FWD SLT-2. 4cyl. Currently have 9,500 miles. BEFORE YOU BUY ONE...DO YOUR HOMEWORK..Cargo cover and The roof cross bars are not standard on the terrain. The dealership did not point that out. Make sure you negotiate for those. CONS: When at a lower gear (slowing down for the car in front of you) and switching to a high gear, SOMETIMES the transmission POPS! First time it happened I thought someone had bumped in to me. Leather seats are a little too narrow. To compare; I'm male, 5'10" 210 lbs. Standard size Golf clubs don't fit in the cargo area with out putting the back seat down. Back seats adjust well front to back, but don't go flat when your needing the back cargo area, they tilt up. All Ambient Lighting is RED... dials, console touch screen, everything. Would be nice to change lighting color. PROS: Beautiful looking vehicle Silver on chrome. Quiet ride. Sit up high in traffic. Many of the standard features are really nice to have. The drivers seat automatically BACKS UP when the car stops so you can get out easier...GREAT IDEA! Good sound system. Hands free Bluetooth. Seat warmers in front seats. Remote start. Moon roof. Automatic lift-gate is a happy surprise. Gas mileage is 24.4 in town. Mirrors automatically adjust down when your in reverse. Touch screen is really helpful. I'm likely to recommend this vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Terrain near Honolulu. See local deals