2010 GMC Terrain

7.7

Based on 314 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

Buy Something Else

By on Monday, January 8, 2018

Pros: "Looks nice, decent on gas, rides smooth"

Cons: "Just trust me..."

"Burns oil like oil rig after an explosion. Had the oil consumption test completed at local dealership and after it was all said and done over the specified time frame of testing, was told it is within the limits allowed by the manufacturer for its oil consumption. The AC had to be replaced last year. Then as of this weekend, the check engine light came on and the code was for rapid misfire Idle was awful, display showed service stability traction and Engine Power is Reduced. It wouldnt run over 20 mph and nothing over 8 mph going uphill. Also believe the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. With everything we have dealt with since having this vehicle, knowing what I know now, I would have purchased a different vehicle. Never again once I can get rid of it. Thankfully my husband husband was a mechanic for many years prior to his career change and has been able to fix everything that has been wrong and Ive been able to save money in repairs due to that, but thats beside the point. Do not buy this vehicle if you can help it."

Nothing not to like

By on Monday, November 6, 2017

Pros: "A very nice small SUV. Excellent purchase!"

Cons: "Not overly peppy from 0 to 40MPH."

"We have owned the 2012 GMC Terrain for 2 years. We purchased CPO off of a three year lease with only 9,000 miles. It is the LS (base model), which comes nicely equipped. We wanted a nice SUV for vacations and carrying our bikes. It has more than met our expectations. Nice looking, not overly flashy, but nicely equipped for a base model. We have had no problems and it has decent fuel efficiency. Its a bit sluggish from 0 to 40, but fine on highways. It was a very good buy for 19,000 dollars and has been a great vehicle for us."

Dependable

By on Sunday, November 19, 2017

Pros: "Very powerful with decent gas mileage. V6 engine."

Cons: "Non power passenger seat sits too high. Road noise"

"From the day we drove it off the lot (new) it has been returned to the dealership only for scheduled maintenance. It has the 3.6 liter V6 engine which has plenty of power and decent mileage."

Awesome SUV

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive and looks elegant"

Cons: "acceleration is slow and no cigarette lighters"

"This truck comes stocked with everything you need for your basic SUV. It includes a USB connect in the console for you IPOD lovers and an internal AUX port good for plugging up your Kindle to read to you through your speakers while you drive. Its really roomy in both the front and back cabins and seats tall people especially comfortably both length and height. There is a lot of head room left even with a 6'plus person in the backseat. Going from a full size truck to an SUV I was used to having a truck bed to haul stuff, but the seats in this SUV fold down and slide back and forth to accommodate just as much as your truck bed would and without the interference of the wheel wells. Its great on gas mileage as long as you leave the ECO mode on, but the ECO mode makes it hard to shift up to fast speeds while trying to merge into oncoming traffic. If you turn it off though, the truck picks up speed with no problem but you also burn a lot of gas in the process. I easily get 25 MPG in the city and about 29 on the highway which is awesome for an SUV. The physical appearance is beautiful - not too flashy but still sleek and elegant. The stitching in the seats use red thread so you feel like you've gotten an upgrade as soon as you sit in it. Overall the GMC Terrain is a great buy and its worth every penny of the price!"

Loving my Terrain

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "great ride, quiet, roomy"

Cons: "voice commands don't work with my phone."

"I traded my Jetta TDI for the Terrain because it was just too small. The Terrain has a more masculine look to it, and it doesn't have the same look as all the others in its class. So far, I've been averaging 24-25 mpg. I have gotten over 34 on a long trip with the ECO mode on and paying attention to my throttle. My only complaint is that the voice commands didn't work with my phone when I bought it. I knew I was getting a new phone in a few weeks, but when I got it (Samsung S4), the voice command still doesn't work. This is apparently a known issue and is being worked on by GM. Even with that very minor issue, I love this vehicle!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Terrain near Honolulu. See local deals