2017 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Double Cab Consumer Reviews

21 transactions
in the last 90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/8.2

8.4

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2014 - 2018 models.

Traded my F150, loving my Sierra

By on Friday, July 21, 2017

Pros: "Stylish, great drive, steps in bumper"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"I traded my 2015 F150 XLT 2.7 ecoboost for a 2017 Sierra SLE kodiac with 5.3 V8. I purchased a new camper and wanted 9000 pounds plus towing capability. I really enjoyed my F150 and if I had bought 3.5 ecoboost 2 years ago, I wouldnt have been shopping. I tested a Ram outdoorsman, XLT sport and Sierra SLE kodiack. They are all nice trucks, but for me it was either the F150 or Sierra. I choose the Sierra because I preferred the handling and road feel. The Sierra sits a little lower and it makes the truck bed easier to use. I love the steps in the bumper and we load bikes and camping gear easier than in my F150. The interior in the Sierra is great, soft touch materials and super comfy. I prefer the gmc intilink system to the ford sync system. I also think the Sierra is the best looking half ton truck, love the grill and C shape LED running lights. I do miss the combination lock on my ford, I used it all the time. The ford was also quicker around town. It was a great truck, but Im loving my new Sierra."

2015 Gmc Sierra Denali 6.2

By on Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Pros: "love the body and"

Cons: "transmission is horible"

"I love the body and interior of the truck but the transmission has given me lots of problems it shakes and the transmission feels like its going to fall at least 4 times a day when it shifts. I have been to the service department 3 times once they kept it for 2 months. I'm going to bring it back this week and I have not towed nothing yet. I'm a conservative drive. I paid 58k"

Nice truck but has problems with Lights

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

"Truck is stylish. Very quiet. Very little road noise. Pleasure to drive during the day. Has lots of nice features. HOWEVER, the headlights are absolutely terrible. Far too dim. Extremely hard to see on back roads. Wish I would a known this prior to purchase. Previous models have great LIGHTS. No excuse for this other other than poor engineering."

Engineering issues

By on Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pros: "well thought out console and itrior storage space"

Cons: "lack of interior and exterior lighting"

"Very quiet ride. Nice looking. Steps in rear bumper great idea. Sharp looking interior. Great gas mileage. 19.6 mpg on 2800 mile trip carrying 900 lbs cargo. Engineers overlooked some small but important things. Projector headlights are terrible, no peripheral lighting on hi beams, interior dome lighting is bad, outside temp reading doesn't update frequently enough, speakers in front doors stick out too far and get kicked when exiting, piping on leather seats is very irritating when exiting or entering frequently, no provision to turn off auto door locks, infotainment screen is too bright for night driving and cannot be dimmed independently from the dash lighting, interior is super quiet but I still have to listen to the key fob rattle against the steering column on uneven roads, side mirrors are too small and can't see rear wheels with them, steering wheel mounted controls are no longer at your fingertips but are now smaller and mounted higher up and can't be felt with gloves on. Less vision out windshield compared to previous model. I use this truck for work and a lot of times at night with entry and exit at least 50 times a day. This truck is not as convenient or comfortable as the previous model."

You are King of the Road with this baby!

By on Sunday, February 9, 2014

Pros: "Good value, awesome power, fun to drive"

Cons: "Don't care for the V4 feature"

"Traded in a flawless GMC Duramax for this Sierra SLT with the 6.2 liter engine. It has less low end torque than the D-Max and took a bit of getting used to. The interior finish is superb and the ride is unlike any truck I have driven. The power of the 420HP L-86 engine leaves every other truck in the dust. The styling, although sedate, is still attractive. The exterior finish is absent the lousy 'orange peel' look so prevalent on the older GM trucks. I gave an excellent rating for most categories, but slightly lower for reliability as this is a first year model, however I have no issues to report. I have read about concerns over the headlight illumination and vibration issues, but I have not experienced either. I travelled up through Massachusetts and into New Hampshire last evening......75 MPH, solid on the road and great to drive!"