2017 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/8.2

8.4

Based on 76 Ratings for the 2014 - 2018 models.

Great Ride. Too many recalls

By on Sunday, December 17, 2017

Pros: "Comfortable, good on winter roads, stylish"

Cons: "Too many issues, not the mileage advertised"

"Loved this truck from the day I bought it. Nice ride. Good for towing a boat. Very sharp style. Never has actually broke down but has been in for recalls numerous times. Im talking at least 20 times in 4 years. Just now out of warranty. Probably sell before the next problem."

Traded my F150, loving my Sierra

By on Friday, July 21, 2017

Pros: "Stylish, great drive, steps in bumper"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"I traded my 2015 F150 XLT 2.7 ecoboost for a 2017 Sierra SLE kodiac with 5.3 V8. I purchased a new camper and wanted 9000 pounds plus towing capability. I really enjoyed my F150 and if I had bought 3.5 ecoboost 2 years ago, I wouldnt have been shopping. I tested a Ram outdoorsman, XLT sport and Sierra SLE kodiack. They are all nice trucks, but for me it was either the F150 or Sierra. I choose the Sierra because I preferred the handling and road feel. The Sierra sits a little lower and it makes the truck bed easier to use. I love the steps in the bumper and we load bikes and camping gear easier than in my F150. The interior in the Sierra is great, soft touch materials and super comfy. I prefer the gmc intilink system to the ford sync system. I also think the Sierra is the best looking half ton truck, love the grill and C shape LED running lights. I do miss the combination lock on my ford, I used it all the time. The ford was also quicker around town. It was a great truck, but Im loving my new Sierra."

Best Truck Ever

By on Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Pros: "Great price for a used truck, dependable, roomy"

Cons: "None to date"

"To be honest my Tacoma was a great truck with no problems. I retired and bought a travel trailer needed a truck that could pull it without grunting uphill. I traded the Tacoma and while I miss it, I do not regret my decision. Having a travel trailer, the Sierra doesnt even know it is towing it, it came with the trailer package, built in brake controller, and the Z71 package. Without the trailer the best mileage I have gotten is almost 22 mpg, I never got over 18 with the Tacoma. The IntelliLink system is terrific. I have upgraded the headlight bulbs to LED and it makes a huge improvement over the stock bulbs. I installed the Roadmaster Active suspension kit, which makes a big difference in handling, especially with the towing. I eliminated the OnStar and changed to a factory Navigation System. No need to pay 40 a month for directions, which I dont need everyday. Purchased a rear under seat storage box. GMC should have it as a standard item. The 5.3 engine has a light tapping, but I understand that is characteristic to all of them and may have something to do with the cylinder deactivation. The Sierra is comfortable, quiet and so far dependable. Compared to the Chevy Silverado I once owned, the GMC Sierra is like changing from a suit into a tuxedo. At my age I dont see any more new vehicles in my future, I intend to keep this truck until I cant drive any longer. I may just put in another engine if it comes to that. I cant say anything bad about it. Hopefully it will continue to perform well for a long time to come."

2015 Gmc Sierra Denali 6.2

By on Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Pros: "love the body and"

Cons: "transmission is horible"

"I love the body and interior of the truck but the transmission has given me lots of problems it shakes and the transmission feels like its going to fall at least 4 times a day when it shifts. I have been to the service department 3 times once they kept it for 2 months. I'm going to bring it back this week and I have not towed nothing yet. I'm a conservative drive. I paid 58k"

Engineering issues

By on Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pros: "well thought out console and itrior storage space"

Cons: "lack of interior and exterior lighting"

"Very quiet ride. Nice looking. Steps in rear bumper great idea. Sharp looking interior. Great gas mileage. 19.6 mpg on 2800 mile trip carrying 900 lbs cargo. Engineers overlooked some small but important things. Projector headlights are terrible, no peripheral lighting on hi beams, interior dome lighting is bad, outside temp reading doesn't update frequently enough, speakers in front doors stick out too far and get kicked when exiting, piping on leather seats is very irritating when exiting or entering frequently, no provision to turn off auto door locks, infotainment screen is too bright for night driving and cannot be dimmed independently from the dash lighting, interior is super quiet but I still have to listen to the key fob rattle against the steering column on uneven roads, side mirrors are too small and can't see rear wheels with them, steering wheel mounted controls are no longer at your fingertips but are now smaller and mounted higher up and can't be felt with gloves on. Less vision out windshield compared to previous model. I use this truck for work and a lot of times at night with entry and exit at least 50 times a day. This truck is not as convenient or comfortable as the previous model."