2001 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab

Based on 1583 Ratings for the 1999 - 2007 models.

Couldn't have asked for better!!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"This truck has been a work horse and I couldn't have bought a better vehicle!!! I bought it used in 2002 with 25K miles on it and now have around 160K miles on. I've had only minor repairs to it (window motor, fuel tank sensor) and no major problems with the engine or transmission! I've towed a horse trailer 500miles with it, hauled palets of grass in the bed, towed a car trailer loaded with it. All this with just the 4.8 liter engine!! I've changed the oil out on schedule and it's worked like a charm everytime I've gotten into it. It's been a great truck!!!"

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I put this truck thru heck and back and it keeps on ticking. I can put my three kids in it and still haul stuff to and from. The milage it gets is reasonable for a truck. It is dependable. It is great in the snow. I just really enjoy my truck."

this pickup has been very very reliable

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "no power locks/windows/seats,no GPS/CD"

"this pickup is on its 3rd battery,3rd set of tires,at 75000 miles I started using mobil 1 synthetic motor oil. at about 100k valve cover gaskets replaced, at 112k new spark plugs &wires. every 3 yrs. drained radiator and used distilled water with orange anti-freeze.original brake pads. also at 50k I had the transmission fluid/filter changed,again at 125k miles. bedliner and heavy duty floor mats,dash mat were put in within 2wks. of buying pickup.it has a4.3 v6 vortec motor.driver side and rear windows need to be retinted."

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Substandard

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"This vehicle doesnt hold up to the professional grade it is labeled.From the way the transmission shifts,warped brakes to the bumper and wheels rusting I have only 6800 miles on this truck and regret ever buying it"

Great Buy

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Bought in 2003 when Ford was supposedly the one to buy. Glad I went with the Duramax. Runs smoothly and much quieter than Dodge or Ford. Getting 17 to 19 mpg empty. 13 to 15 mpg with a 3300 lb truck camper on it. Runs up the hills past all others. Most comfortable vehicle I have owned. Had some initial computer problems which were solved and never resurfaced. Only bad point thus far was rear brakes had to be replaced at 40,000 miles. I expect this truck to be on the road for a long time."

meat and potatoes

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"The GMC Sierra is meat and potatoes. IF you are looking for a dependable truck, there are few that can match the Sierra. Can't say the gas mileage is impressive by any stretch. Some advice: have a car for long trips."

2006 GMC Hybrid Ext. cab 4x4 leather 1 tough truck

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"I have owned several brand new GMC trucks over the years, most all purchased from the same dealer, and the same salesman. When GM built the truck we have now they sure did it right. We have a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid Ext. Cab SLE, 4x4, leather, this truck is fully loaded to the MAX!! This truck even has 4 110v. outlets on it, that sure would be handy if your power was out, or at a construction site. This truck stickered for $42k new. I traded in my 1999 Chevy Silverado 2500 Ext. cab 4x4 with a 150k miles on it. Since buying this Hybrid we have not yet checked the mpg, but I can sure tell you that it does get real good mileage. On the hybrid trucks they come from GM with a 8 year 100k mile warranty on all the hybrid parts including the batteries. This truck has the best warranty I have ever seen. We plan on keeping this truck for a long long time. In my opinion this was one of GM's best looking, and best performing trucks they ever built. I have owned several GMC trucks over the years and don't recall ever having trouble with any of them. I would highly recommend GM trucks to everyone, especially if you want an extremely reliable and durable long lasting truck."

Didn't measure up to my Ford

By on Sunday, August 5, 2007

"Waited for GMC to come out with a 1500 crew cab, big mistake this truck is not worth the money. Steering column rattles, electrical problems with 4x4 switches, front axle seals leak, drive shaft clunking, air conditioner failure, 15 mpg, radio losses mem., door lock failure prohibited entry to vehical and these are just the major problems. Will not be buying GM again."

Super Venicle

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Smoothest shifting transmission I've ever owned. Roomy and comfortable. Plenty of passing and towing power. All of the amenities of a Cadillac DeVille, just a lot more rugged and versatile. Rides extremely smooth for a 4x4. I plan on keeping my 2002 for a long time."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals