2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab

Based on 1583 Ratings for the 1999 - 2007 models.

Unbelievable Truck

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Unbeatable reliability"

"Never have I owned a vehicle that performed as well as this truck. I have put 367,000 miles on this '02 GMC with nothing but routine maintenance. The truck still delivers plenty of power and comfort along with rock solid gas mileage -- consistantly 18 mpg Hwy. I have so much faith in this truck that I just put new tires on it as i expect to get at least another 70,000 miles out of it."

Couldn't have asked for better!!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"This truck has been a work horse and I couldn't have bought a better vehicle!!! I bought it used in 2002 with 25K miles on it and now have around 160K miles on. I've had only minor repairs to it (window motor, fuel tank sensor) and no major problems with the engine or transmission! I've towed a horse trailer 500miles with it, hauled palets of grass in the bed, towed a car trailer loaded with it. All this with just the 4.8 liter engine!! I've changed the oil out on schedule and it's worked like a charm everytime I've gotten into it. It's been a great truck!!!"

nice looking truck

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

"i own a truck just like this one i think theyre worth a little more like 5000, but anyways this truck is so comfortable nice looking. i have no words to describe its so convenient"

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I put this truck thru heck and back and it keeps on ticking. I can put my three kids in it and still haul stuff to and from. The milage it gets is reasonable for a truck. It is dependable. It is great in the snow. I just really enjoy my truck."

this pickup has been very very reliable

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "no power locks/windows/seats,no GPS/CD"

"this pickup is on its 3rd battery,3rd set of tires,at 75000 miles I started using mobil 1 synthetic motor oil. at about 100k valve cover gaskets replaced, at 112k new spark plugs &wires. every 3 yrs. drained radiator and used distilled water with orange anti-freeze.original brake pads. also at 50k I had the transmission fluid/filter changed,again at 125k miles. bedliner and heavy duty floor mats,dash mat were put in within 2wks. of buying pickup.it has a4.3 v6 vortec motor.driver side and rear windows need to be retinted."

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Substandard

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"This vehicle doesnt hold up to the professional grade it is labeled.From the way the transmission shifts,warped brakes to the bumper and wheels rusting I have only 6800 miles on this truck and regret ever buying it"

Great Buy

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Bought in 2003 when Ford was supposedly the one to buy. Glad I went with the Duramax. Runs smoothly and much quieter than Dodge or Ford. Getting 17 to 19 mpg empty. 13 to 15 mpg with a 3300 lb truck camper on it. Runs up the hills past all others. Most comfortable vehicle I have owned. Had some initial computer problems which were solved and never resurfaced. Only bad point thus far was rear brakes had to be replaced at 40,000 miles. I expect this truck to be on the road for a long time."

meat and potatoes

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"The GMC Sierra is meat and potatoes. IF you are looking for a dependable truck, there are few that can match the Sierra. Can't say the gas mileage is impressive by any stretch. Some advice: have a car for long trips."

2006 GMC Hybrid Ext. cab 4x4 leather 1 tough truck

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"I have owned several brand new GMC trucks over the years, most all purchased from the same dealer, and the same salesman. When GM built the truck we have now they sure did it right. We have a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid Ext. Cab SLE, 4x4, leather, this truck is fully loaded to the MAX!! This truck even has 4 110v. outlets on it, that sure would be handy if your power was out, or at a construction site. This truck stickered for $42k new. I traded in my 1999 Chevy Silverado 2500 Ext. cab 4x4 with a 150k miles on it. Since buying this Hybrid we have not yet checked the mpg, but I can sure tell you that it does get real good mileage. On the hybrid trucks they come from GM with a 8 year 100k mile warranty on all the hybrid parts including the batteries. This truck has the best warranty I have ever seen. We plan on keeping this truck for a long long time. In my opinion this was one of GM's best looking, and best performing trucks they ever built. I have owned several GMC trucks over the years and don't recall ever having trouble with any of them. I would highly recommend GM trucks to everyone, especially if you want an extremely reliable and durable long lasting truck."

Didn't measure up to my Ford

By on Sunday, August 5, 2007

"Waited for GMC to come out with a 1500 crew cab, big mistake this truck is not worth the money. Steering column rattles, electrical problems with 4x4 switches, front axle seals leak, drive shaft clunking, air conditioner failure, 15 mpg, radio losses mem., door lock failure prohibited entry to vehical and these are just the major problems. Will not be buying GM again."

Super Venicle

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"Smoothest shifting transmission I've ever owned. Roomy and comfortable. Plenty of passing and towing power. All of the amenities of a Cadillac DeVille, just a lot more rugged and versatile. Rides extremely smooth for a 4x4. I plan on keeping my 2002 for a long time."

Awesome Truck!

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"We got a deal on this truck new and we have never regretted it! It will pull anything we ask without hesitation and still gets about 18 mpg on the highway if not towing. We love this truck and plan to drive it until it dies!"

GMC there when you need it

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"This is GMC No 3 just an all round great truck. Now looking forward to the new body style."

Great Value

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I bought this truck in January 2007 in OK, then had to move to VA this summer. We pulled my wife's Equinox on a Uhaul auto transport. Her car was fully loaded on the trailer and the truck bed was packed full. Combined weight of the Equinox and trailer was over 6k lbs. With the trans in tow/haul mode I was passing slower vehicles even through the mountains of VA all while averaging 13mpg. Empty, the 5.3 liter ext cab Z-71 averages about 20 mpg on the highway. The new body style with cylinder deactivation is even better. Onstar is fantastic..."

By on Saturday, July 7, 2007

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"This has been a great truck and always reliable. Very comfortable and extremely smooth ride. Feels like driving a car. Power and acceleration are good."

Excellent Work truck now in retirement

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

"I've had this truck since it had 14k miles, have always enjoyed the handling even though it spent most of its life fully laden or close to it. It has been replaced in the field and is now enjoying retirement. Now that I get to enjoy it without the burden of tools and supplies, I plan/hope to see it hit at least 300k as it still runs strong and sails through emissions testing every time."

great truck

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Great for having fun"

Cons: "Not for a big family"

"This is a great truck for having fun and work. It only has had one owner me. I dont have room for this truck since I recently got a family car. It does have scrapes minor touch ups that are needed and it does need some electrical work that I have been trying to fix but since I am a woman mechanics seem to want to take advantage of that and Im pretty sure any man/guy out there wont have a problem getting this fix. I love this truck just love and I am saddened that I have to sell it. I have kept up with everything that is needed so far."

This is a great vehicle. Rides and drives like new

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

"I bought this vehicle new in 2005. It has been very reliable. It is loaded with lots of extras and it's very comfortable to drive. Quiet with lots of power to spare. Gas mileage for a truck this size with a V8 engine is very good. I've have had no problems with it since I drove it off the lot."

Love this truck. Best on the market hands down.

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable, fuel efficient,powerful, great ride"

Cons: "Bosch Injectors need replacing every 150,000 miles"

"This is the best truck I have ever owned. Long lasting everything (except for injectors). Pull 18,000 lbs. loads with ease. Great fuel economy 23 + mpg. First set of brakes lasted 275,000 miles. 278,000 miles now and counting. Only replaced brakes and alternator (once) injectors( twice)"

Great truck!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Very capable tow vehicle"

Cons: "Basic truck in excellent condition"

"Would keep it but nowhere to store it. It is reliable and gets good fuel economy ~ 20.9 hwy. tows well."

Best truck I've owned. Never let me down.

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Always gets me there along with what I need."

Cons: "Next will upgrade from the 3 door but not bad."

"I intend to get another GMC Sierra. I has been a great truck and I'm sure the new models are even better. After all these years I still enjoy driving in it."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "2wd is low, streamlined, convenient , safe"

Cons: "climate control hard to use"

"Bought new in 06, $31,000.[different truck with lower options.] First truck was great and I loved it. Had a high speed head on collision. We were not injured even though the person who crossed the cl and hit me was killed. I vowed to by another truck just like the original. Bought the present truck which is nicer than the original. Haven't had any trouble with this truck and it is very pleasant to drive on the highway.Sturdy and very safe which has been verified in my experience on the fire dept with other accidents I've seen. My only complaint is the climate control. What was wrong with the old ac/ defroster controls that were user friendly when driving. When I buy another vehicle it WILL have old fashioned controls, NOT climate control.Could have bought a new 07 but the trend is to make trucks taller and more intimidating instead of streamlined and convenient to access like this truck."

absolutely reliable and great fuel mileage

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Looks great, performs well, very reliable"

Cons: "thin upholstery, Bose just avg."

Still looks almost this good 150,000 miles and 7 years later

"Purchased new and almost 150,000 miles and 7 years later I've only had to replace two Oxygen sensors. Radio reception is fading due to antenna and antenna base issues. It is 4WD and AT but I still get 19-21 mpg on road trips and about 16 mpg local driving. Original battery still in it. Having the tow package enables it to stand up to loads and 4WD gets me through occasional steep and rough dirt tracks while hunting or working on my acreage. It is just now beginning to use some oil between servicing which is at 6,000 mi. intervals. I have only used full synthetic since break-in oil was changed. At about 130,000 miles it began using a little oil. Now uses about 1 qt per 3,000 miles. Interior is very comfortable with SLT package but upholstery is extremely thin and door panels scar easily. Drivers seat is beginning to part at outside seam but I'm a big guy and in and out of the truck probably 8-10 times a day. Roof panel oil-cans behind semi trucks or in strong wind but doesn't seem to hurt anything, just sounds cheesy when it happens. Overall I love this truck. Its the best one I ever owned and I would buy another in a heartbeat if I believed it was the same quality."

Still looks almost this good 150,000 miles and 7 years later

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals