2012 GMC Savana 1500 Cargo

8.3

Based on 46 Ratings for the 2003 - 2017 models.

The perfect van

By on Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"My All wheel drive GMC Savana has been a total pleasure. Never a problem in snow or rain. Unbelievable power (295 horses), yet decent gas mileage. I've put 70000 miles on in 2 years and have not had a single problem. It drives great, rides great, and the pop up side cargo doors are awesome. I LOVE THIS VAN !!! I recommend this vehicle to everyone."

Great Cargo Van

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, handles well."

Cons: "Noisy, plastic headlight glazed over, Gas milage."

"Very Reliable, never had a problem with anything. Goes fast and Handles well with a load."

useful to live in

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "excellent space inside, pulls trailers very well"

Cons: "poor gas milage. fuel pump replaced at 53,000 mile"

"A great space to turn into a living space (as I did) Had a builder put in two lenth wise shelves on either side plus two closets. I live inside with my 7 cats. Should have insulated more, but holds an enormous amount of belongings. I like using the easy downshift to slow down. Do not let gas tank fall below half. My fuel pump burnt out at 53000 miles. eats gas, but ok otherwise. No problems except fuel pump."

Great big rig with a couple expensive design flaws

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great on the open road."

Cons: "Critical parts exposed to corrosion"

"Great on the open road, trucky and bumpy in the city. 50,000 care free miles on the engine. Expensive to fix design flaws: 1. Anti-slip sensors in wheels get corroded and fire even on dry pavement. Need to be removed and blasted clean every few years. 2. Air conditioning lines going to rear condenser run right at the bottom of the vehicle where they are very vulnerable to corrosion. I had to replace both (right and left) at $1,000 - $1,200 each after 5 years due to freon leaking through rusted areas. These should have been rustproofed. I'm selling the rig before I have to do this again. 3. Door hinges are exterior and they seize up. I had to have the doors taken off and the hinges cleaned up so they work three times in 9 years -- the first time after only 3 years of ownership."

A lemon if there ever was

By on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Have had reliability issues in about all areas of concern with this AWD van. I love the way it drives and rides and the AWD for the northern climate is just the ticket....but the oil pump went at 6000 miles and the motor fried. Had to have the transfer system repaired three times being stranded twice. The air conditioning is being fixed for the 2nd time as I type. The transmission engagement had to be tweeked. This equipment for this van must have been built on a Friday. To GM's credit they did extend the warranty to 76,000 miles when I complained to them. Pretty much everything with the powertrain has been fixed at least once and some more than twice."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Savana 1500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals