2012 GMC Canyon Regular Cab

8.4

Based on 296 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

Great little truck

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"Very Dependable. Does everything i need it to do. I have two of these trucks. A regular cab for my son and a extended cab for myself. Both of them are 2007's One has 30,000 miles and the other 72,000 miles."

Great truck!

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "Off Road package makes the truck look great."

Cons: "Center console arm rest breaks easily."

"I bought this truck new. I have only had to replace tires and brakes in 98,000 miles. The truck has only been in the shop one time for recall work. I am considering buying another one. GMC got this truck right!"

Overall ok but has it's problems

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "5 cylinder is strong at 21 mpg interstate, 18 city"

Cons: "Brakes. Likelyhood of front hubs going bad."

"Never used off road but had to replace both front hubs at around 100,000 miles. Front axle bearings had to be replaced at around 90,000 miles and need to be replaced again. Very VERY complicated to replace front brake rotors, up to 3-3.5 hours per side. Other than that, I've had no problems."

New Buy

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "IL 5 has great power, tuff little truck."

Cons: "Ride on factory tires"

"Been a great truck from new. Never had a problem starts every time, and runs strong. The ride is much better after you change out the stock tires. Paid for great tires and I have a new truck that rides and drives better than ever after 75k on it."

its a really good truck

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"i bought this brand new in 2007 and it has been a really good truck.got me back in forth from TX to GA quit a few times and has done great... the only falws i see is the plastic accesories on the inside break...ive had to make my own adjustments"

great truck

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage, nice driving vehicle"

"I have owned all makes of trucks over the years. This truck is great on mileage, it gets 28 mpg on the open road and 23 in town driving. It is comfortable, easy to drive and is roomy on the interior, power is not an issue its got the power when you need it."

First Model Year Piece of Junk

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "It's a trunk you know the pros"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, ton of recalls, Inline 5 engine"

"I made the mistake when I was young of buying this truck. It didn't make sense then, and I am still regretting my decision. This was the first model year the vehicle had the inline 5 cylinder engine, and I have had a ton of problems with it. There have been several recalls on the vehicle including an engine problem that illuminates the SES light and was never communicated to me from GMC. I wouldn't recommend the purchase of this vehicle. Buy a FORD at least you know it will be reliable!!!"

can't imagine driving anything else

By on Thursday, September 1, 2011

"roomy, comfortable, plenty of power, great looks, quiet. I can't imagine driving anything else. I love my 5 Cylinder GMC Canyon."

Good Truck

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, good price, looks good"

Cons: "Bad stock sound system, interior could be a little nicer"

"This truck has been very good to me. It rides great and has given me little trouble. the bass mileage is not great but it isn't bad either. It is a great truck for someone looking for a midsize truck, the truck is not too big and it is not too small. The only thing I didn't really like about the truck was the stock sound system, it was terrible! (I replaced the old sound system) Overall it is a great truck and gets the job done."

new 2010

By on Friday, March 4, 2011

"got mine back in sept. z71 off road pkg. so far it has proved itself a nice solid truck. fun to drive. had one water leak around the drivers side kick panel that the dealer promptly fixed."

By on Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Over all a great truck! Lots of power for a small truck."

Quality Truck

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"I bought my 2006 GMC Canyon in June of 2006 with 23 miles on it, and overall it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Other than normal scheduled maintenance, it has never been to the shop. The only issue that I can think of is one of my own fault: I bought the regular cab when I should have gotten the extended cab for the extra space. I would definately recommend this truck to other people."

good value

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Bought new in 06. tires wore out at 19k miles. New wranglers have 18k on them and are still like new. front and rear brakes also wore out way too early. Gas milage is so so. Rides good, has good power."

Great truck

By on Monday, September 27, 2010

"Owned almost 2 yrs. no major issues. Very good ride and comfortable for an off road vehicle, tows my boat without any strain. The 5 cyl has plenty power gets average 19 mpg combined in hilly terrain goes very well off road most places use only 2 wheel. thats pretty good for southeast Ky. mountains."

NICE TRUCK

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"5 CYC HAS LOTS OF POWER"

Solid buy

By on Saturday, July 31, 2010

"Purchased my 2005 Off Road Canyon new, it has 73000 miles and still looks new. Other than a clitch with the driver seat warmer, I have not had any problems until recently. For about 2 blocks, the clutch fan seems to race in first gear when the engine is cold. I need to get that fixed (expecting a $300 to $400 repair bill). I like the ride and the gas milage is within the expected range. The leather seats still look new and the Rhino bed liner has kept the bed free of dents and scratches. The turning radius is poor due to the oversize off road tires (the only reason I did not rate 5's across the board). When the time comes, I will not hesitate to replace this truck with a new Canyon."

reliability

By on Sunday, May 30, 2010

"I bought an extra cab, Z71 with an I5 eng. new in 05.I have over 167,000 miles and only a couple of minor problems.It tows really well, I use it to tow my 2000lb boat.The locking diff. comes in handy when useing the slippery boat ramps. The accelaration and tourqe are a big plus."

Decent Truck

By on Friday, April 9, 2010

"I was originally looking at Chevy Colorados but for some reason local dealers didn't seem to want my business. After hearing about the Canyon being basically the same truck I walked into a local GMC dealer and there it was - my future Inferno Orange, 4x4 SLE Crew Cab Canyon. I like this truck, the I5 is more than sufficient to pull its relatively light weight off the line. I have a tow package but haven't pulled anything yet. My biggest complaint would be the interior wind with the windows even slightly down. In my other car if the front windows are fully down and the rear half way, you barely feel the wind on the highway, just refreshing breeze. In the Canyon its a virtual tornado inside, you better not have any loose papers or lightweight objects lying about because they'll go out the window! I have to try side window visors, hopefully those will help. Couple of minor trips back to the dealer to fix the OnStar, clear up a check engine light, and tighten up a suspension squeak - but otherwise no serious problems after 1 year & 20000 miles. Good looking truck, have had more than one compliment on its styling..."

By on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nice truck for what it is.

By on Sunday, January 17, 2010

"2006 SLT CC 4X4 Z71 5 cylinder auto. 80k miles so far with only a dirty TPS sensor when the moron at the lube center left the air cleaner top loose. Pulls light trailers, less than 2000 lbs fairly well, although I wish GM had put the 4.2 I6 or 4.3 V6 in it. Steering is a little numb, but the ride and off-road performance is good provided you don't high center due to the low ground clearance. Fuel economy on the road is 22 and in town 17. Comfort is good front and back. Low range is difficult to engage. Needs a tow-haul mode for the transmission. Good performance when lightly loaded, but a little underpowered when full of people or hauling a trailer. All in all, I would buy another one. Had a Toyota pickup that made a nice car, but kept breaking when I used it like a truck. I have a 2500HD Duramax for the heavy stuff, but this GMC Canyon is suited pretty well for the light stuff and commuting."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"I bought my 2006 canyon brand new when I worked for GMC. I have over 50k miles on it and have never had one issue with it. It's been a great truck, very reliable and useful. The ride is very very comfortable for a truck and the gas mileage is unbelievable. We get better gas mileage with this truck than with our small 5-speed maunal sedan on the freeway. I have gotten many compliments on the styling and I often hear people talking about what a good looking truck it is when im walking into a store from the parking lot. I've sold lots of GMC and chevy trucks and this was the one i chose to buy for myself. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a truck. almost 5 yrs later and i couldnt be happier."

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

By on Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fits My Needs

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"So far this has been a good truck. The 3.7L I-5 has plenty of power and is a good match to the 4L60E transmission. It does fine towing a 3000 pound trailer. I've been a little disapointed with the fuel economy. I get around 16-18 with my normal city/highway commute and 21-24 on the highway. My biggest complaint is the uncomfortable seats. I like the way the truck steers and brakes, and the performance in snow is great. If I would have got a truck with the bucket seat option, the overall rating would have been "good" instead of average."

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Canyon Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals