2009 GMC Canyon Regular Cab

8.4

Based on 296 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

Economical Pickup

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"I bought this pickup when gas was less than $2 per gallon, now that gas has doubled am I glad to get over 23 MPG! I had a full size V8 before this pickup, and the Canyon out performs it. Great ride, looks good. I like it!"

Good little truck

By on Monday, June 1, 2009

"I have had a basic verson, regular cab, no carpet manual trans, and I love it. It's dependable, gets great gas milage. I average about 26mpg with my 4 cylinder, It is a perfect size to haul a 4 wheeler. I only had a couple small problems with it when it was under waranty but the dealer fixed it fast and hasn't been an issue since. Then only regret is that it is not equiped with cruise control, on long trips it's hard to maintain speeds and stretch out"

Best Small Truck Ever

By on Monday, March 30, 2009

"This is a basic work truck. It works great, drives well, is good in snow, the two wheel drive is grippy in bad weather. Its cheap to maintain. Enough said."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Had this baby for 1 year and half now put 22000 miles on her. I love this truck more stock power than any other mid size truck! Overcomes anything. Unstoppable. Just wish the back seats had a little more room."

Its OK

By on Monday, November 3, 2008

"It's been an ok vehicle, it does have some noises since day one and I did take it back to maintenance but it did not help at all. Plus my right signal light and headlight have been a problem after about 6 months that I bought this truck and I bought it new. also when it rains water comes in the back of the cab and the maintenance team said the they were not responsible my extended warranty did not cover that. So the only thing about the deal was the 0% finance. But I will not go back to buy another Cayon."

too many problems

By on Friday, October 24, 2008

"this thing has been in the shop 5 times in 10 months.exhaust system twice,torque converter,catalytic converter,loose wire to transmission, & numerous bolts & brackets coming loose.the folks at the rental car agency know me well"

Typ GMC- very good 2 wd

By on Monday, August 11, 2008

"Better milage (24) than my 99 or 01 Sierra (20) Completely satisfied after 3 + years"

Z71

By on Monday, March 24, 2008

"Black reg cab Z71 SLE I-5 auto 4:10 gears I recommend the 4:10 gear option , this matches drivetrain better . I have driven a quad cab with 3:73 gears and it felt like a slug compared to mine with the 4:10s . I bought a reg cab for better offroad perfomance , better breakover with out having to lift it . It does extremely well offroad with the rear locker on the Z71 . When pushed beyond limits the plastic on the front and rear bumpers will be damaged otherwize handles abuse well . Last two vehicles where both toy tacomas and this gmc is a much better truck in all areas from better mileage , more power , much more stable . Check out the reg cab , biggest reg cab Ive seen , Im 6 foot and have all kinds of room . Three years and has not had any problems , none , not once in the dealership never , just oil and tire changes . Thats it . I love my GMC Canyon !"

This truck is okay.

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"I personally have had many problems with the truck. I have had it for 3 years and have already had to replace the starter once, almost twice. I don't experience very much get-up and go from the truck and am afraid to pull anything too heavy. It gets pretty good gas mileage when it is just me in the car. With more people or carrying more items the mpg gets much worse. It is really great for getting in and out of tight spots. It turns much like a car and can manuever much better than a truck. It does occasionally lose rpm's and almost die or the rpm's will go really high and the truck will start shaking, but that happens very rarely. The dealership has not been able to find the problem but has helped in every other possible way. The truck has not been a bad purchase but I will not ever own another."

This incredible crew cab GMC Canyon runs super.

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pros: "Great deal,cool to drive, tight ride."

Cons: "Can haul small loads or small boat."

"The style is classic GMC. Excellent. It drives like a dream; stays solid on the road; firm suspension. The dark teal with metal fleck; a great color for camo addition or keep it original: classic chrome trim. The transmission is quite smooth and Canyon maintains full power with the AC and premium stereo bumpin'. Tinted windows - tight."

Very Reliable, Goo buy!

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Looks great, Always starts, Runs well"

Cons: "Bit to small, lacks a bit of power"

"Great Truck"

Good looking truck-nice driving. Comfortable

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable to drive. GMC fan."

Cons: "Needs more storage spaces."

"Wish the truck had more "cubbies" for stuff like sun glasses, cell phone. Love the sunroof and sound system."

best truck ever. so quite you don't know it's on.

By on Monday, December 5, 2011

"Try it, you'll like it."

Love my Canyon!

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "Worth every penny I spent and fun to drive"

Cons: "Back end slides easily"

"I finally got the truck I always wanted! Other than the back end having a tendency to slide around easily due to it being so light and the gas mileage not being the greatest there isn't anything about this truck I don't like. I don't worry about the gas mileage too much due to the fact I have larger off road tires on it. I'm sure they aren't helping the mileage. I enjoy driving my GMC. It's very comfortable, travels nicely and I feel VERY safe in it during the winter when I put it in 4-wheel drive. When I am ready for my next truck it will be another Canyon. The newer versions now have traction control to help with the sliding of the back end."

Nice driving truck.

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Nice driving. Decent mpg for 4x4"

Cons: "Paint chips on gravel roads."

"Needed a 4 wheel drive module (Taken out by corn stalks?) and had 1 repair under warranty. Can handle a good sized load even with the 4 cyl. 21 mpg carrying a heavy load on not all highway driving. Nice interior. Back seats very small. Get the good tire flaps to protect your paint. Throttle and brake pedal a little close together if you wear BIG boots. Has lots of nice features including message center for oil life and tire air pressure. Seats pretty comfortable."

Great Little Truck

By on Saturday, November 10, 2007

"I traded my 2004 Sierra because of the gas prices, I miss the full size pickup but do not miss getting 14 mpg, now I get 22 mpg. The OEM tires that come on the truck are terrible and dangerous to say the least, hydroplanes all the time and rear traction stinks. Replaced tires with Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires all nines on the traction rattings and now I have a great little truck, I think I will keep it for a long time."

Great truck!

By on Saturday, November 3, 2007

"Plenty of room with good gas mileage."

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

Perfect Truck on a Budget

By on Monday, October 8, 2007

"We love our GMC Canyon! It is very stylish and runs great. We have the crew cab so were able to still fit people in like a car but have the bonous of a truck bed. We have had very few problems with our truck and it is a 2004. Very well built, very stylish, great room inside, easy to drive, pretty good gas mileage for a truck, and the bed is actually fairly large for the smaller truck and is able to transport stuff really good."

A Superb Mid-sized Truck

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"I've owned my 2006 GMC Canyon, all Black, Beautiful, 4x4, with the Z71 off-road pkg., and the Crew Cab, for a year and a half now, and absolutely Love this Truck! It does just about everything, everywhere, and on all types of terrain, and in all types of weather! It laughs at changing road conditions, and snow! Climbs the hills, and takes to the backwoods like a gazzelle! Plenty of Power gets kicked out of that awesome 5-cylinder engine, and I've had rider's on board who swore that it must a been a small V-8 untilI pooped the hood and showed it to them. All facets of this truck are well built and it gets great gas milage! Well into the mid-twenties for sure... Just get the interior a little more elegant GMC, and you certainly would have a World Class pickup here! --- Don't even waste youre time at Toyota and Nissan...save Money, and enjoy years of pleasure driving this one!....Way to go America!...GMC knows trucks Best!"

Good value

By on Thursday, August 2, 2007

"This little truck is a good value, reliable, but a little slow on pickup due to weight vs. size of vehicle - standard transmission "logy" in pickup due to gearing ratio. Would have went with the power locks, etc. had I realized that there is no entry key in the passenger side door."

fun overall

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

"Great reliable fun to drive pick up"

great truck. has served my family and I well.

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"My parents bought this truck new in 04 and has been nothing but an amazing truck since then. It has gotten us to an from the racetrack every weekend and pulled a uhaul all the way from Colorado to California with no issues. All in all, great truck."

I love this mid size monster.

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "denpendably,easy to drive,good on gas"

Cons: "door arm rests"

"From day 1 may 2005 canyon has been a very dependable.Just normal care.Gas oil turn the key and go.The only thingI do not like are the door arm rests .They should have padding."

lots of compliments on its looks

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

"bought a used 07 with 59000.so far i like everything about it.gas millage could be better but i knew that going in."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Canyon Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals