2017 GMC Canyon Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,197 - $28,303.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 09/21/2017

10/8.6

Based on 20 Ratings for the 2015 - 2017 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Excellent truck that can serve as comfortable car.

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Truck goodness with car like road manners."

Cons: "Easy to bump head on "A" pillar upon entry."

Is this the best looking pickup truck ever?

"We took delivery of a loaded SLT extended cab on 2-19-15. We had driven a 2015 Colorado Z71 and another SLT, both crew cabs, before factory ordering. Ours is Onyx black with the Cocoa/Dune interior. The Canyon won our vote because you can't get the lighter interior colors in the Chevy and the seats in the Z71 were harder than in the GMC. Also, the GMC has more padded surfaces inside. Both the Chevy and the GMC drive very well and we particularly like the electrically assisted steering, relatively plush interior, brawny good looks, overall build quality and practical size and economy. We added a hard tonneau to permit dry hauling. The truck rides pretty well, though still "trucky" (one of our other vehicles is a full sized Lexus for comparison and we traded in a Corvette). We actually plan to use the truck as a highway cruiser, so it had to be comfortable for long periods of time. The high belt line can create a bit of claustrophobia and the steeply raked "A" pillar can interfere with entry, but once situated, outward visibility is very good compared to most new cars and crossovers. Not sure we will ever exploit all the entertainment tech, but really like the nav system and Bose audio. The rest is intuitive and pretty easy to figure out. Wi-Fi works well. Overall, great looking, fun to drive, adequate power, semi-luxurious and pleasant to be in!"

Is this the best looking pickup truck ever?

Very nice truck!

By on Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, refind interior and looks great."

Cons: "MPG could be a little better"

"After owning 4 Tacomas over the last 15 years I decided to look at other vehicles. Don't get me wrong Tacoma is a nice truck, but the Canyon beats it hands down! I was able to test drive a loner for about 3 weeks and gave it a very good test drive in all types of terrain and conditions (except ice). I was overly impressed all the way around. Driving it on and off-road is very steady and comfortable. Interior is well laid out and refined with nice tech features, which in my opinion GM has been lagging behind on in recent years. I purchased the All Terrain Advantage package for a personal preference, but it is just mainly cosmetic over the one I test drove. MPG averages about 22-23 in real life driving. So to sum everything up I think this is a great midsize truck that the competition will be playing catch-up with in the future."

Diamond in the rough

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "style, comfort ,power"

Cons: "door pockets , rear seats"

"This all new redesigned Canyon 4x4 SLE all terrain is going to take a big market share of the midsize trucks. Its not only great looking, but it handles and rides like a dream.The V6 305 hp is the most powerful in the class and feels like a V8. It gets 24mph hwy and 17 city. The only things I dont like about it is all 4 door pockets. They are basically useless and are nothing more than drink holders. The rear seats in the extended cab should be removable. This the first year of the re-design and Im sure they will revisite these items."

2016 GMC Canyon 4wd crew cab v6

By on Monday, June 27, 2016

Pros: "nice looking truck"

Cons: "bad transmission"

"purchased this truck about 30 days ago and on my way to work I have to travel down a steep hill and all of a sudden it down shifts at least 2 gears and the engine revved up and stared to brake. went to the dealership and they said this is normal the down hill decent came on which I thought this truck did not have and their is no way to turn off! and told that other people complained also so I am getting rid of this truck and going back to Nissan"

Very good mid-sized pickup with a lot to offer

By on Monday, July 6, 2015

Pros: "Quality and touch screen control"

Cons: "Gear switching from 2nd to 3rd can be hasitant."

"Love the build quality and styling of this pickup. Also, it is very quite with very low road noise. I love the sound system, which is just sweet and easy to operate. Love the USB feature which allows me to play all my music stored in a small flash drave. The acceleration is acceptable. The gears switch from 2nd to 3rd gear is a bit hastitant, you just have to know not to push the gas too hard at that point. Overall, a wonderful truck. I could get 24 MPG if driving gentally."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next