2016 GMC Canyon Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,569 - $23,494.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 02/23/2017

10/8.7

Based on 17 Ratings for the 2015 - 2017 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Very satisfied with this truck

By on Saturday, January 14, 2017

"Great exterior and interior looks. Fit and finish is first quality. Very smooth and quiet ride. Nice all around compromise between a true off road/working truck and an urban utility vehicle that can double as a hauler."

Excellent truck that can serve as comfortable car.

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Truck goodness with car like road manners."

Cons: "Easy to bump head on "A" pillar upon entry."

Is this the best looking pickup truck ever?

"We took delivery of a loaded SLT extended cab on 2-19-15. We had driven a 2015 Colorado Z71 and another SLT, both crew cabs, before factory ordering. Ours is Onyx black with the Cocoa/Dune interior. The Canyon won our vote because you can't get the lighter interior colors in the Chevy and the seats in the Z71 were harder than in the GMC. Also, the GMC has more padded surfaces inside. Both the Chevy and the GMC drive very well and we particularly like the electrically assisted steering, relatively plush interior, brawny good looks, overall build quality and practical size and economy. We added a hard tonneau to permit dry hauling. The truck rides pretty well, though still "trucky" (one of our other vehicles is a full sized Lexus for comparison and we traded in a Corvette). We actually plan to use the truck as a highway cruiser, so it had to be comfortable for long periods of time. The high belt line can create a bit of claustrophobia and the steeply raked "A" pillar can interfere with entry, but once situated, outward visibility is very good compared to most new cars and crossovers. Not sure we will ever exploit all the entertainment tech, but really like the nav system and Bose audio. The rest is intuitive and pretty easy to figure out. Wi-Fi works well. Overall, great looking, fun to drive, adequate power, semi-luxurious and pleasant to be in!"

Is this the best looking pickup truck ever?

Truck is very nice, Drives well, rides well, and i

By on Monday, July 18, 2016

Pros: "GMC styling, great price."

Cons: "Throttle response poor, seats slightly narrow"

"s comfortable. Biggest negative is the transmission is always searching for the right gear to be in and the throttle response is very sluggish. There is a noticeable bog in lower gears."

Very nice truck!

By on Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, refind interior and looks great."

Cons: "MPG could be a little better"

"After owning 4 Tacomas over the last 15 years I decided to look at other vehicles. Don't get me wrong Tacoma is a nice truck, but the Canyon beats it hands down! I was able to test drive a loner for about 3 weeks and gave it a very good test drive in all types of terrain and conditions (except ice). I was overly impressed all the way around. Driving it on and off-road is very steady and comfortable. Interior is well laid out and refined with nice tech features, which in my opinion GM has been lagging behind on in recent years. I purchased the All Terrain Advantage package for a personal preference, but it is just mainly cosmetic over the one I test drove. MPG averages about 22-23 in real life driving. So to sum everything up I think this is a great midsize truck that the competition will be playing catch-up with in the future."

Great looking but lacks power

By on Thursday, June 23, 2016

Pros: "Awsome looking. Looks like his big brother."

Cons: "Doesn't shift right. Stutters a lot."

"I bought my 2015 GMC Canyon, ext cab WT in Nov ’15 with only 600 miles on the clock. Even though it is the WT version it’s the upgraded version with power windows, locks, remote, air and the V6 complete with the tow package capable of towing 7,000 lbs. The 2nd Gen truck looks awesome and great looking inside and out but that’s where it ends. I’ll admit that the engine is very powerful but the transmission and computer is the weakest link. It’s not a pleasure to drive. Example: driving on the highway, anything between 55 up to 70 and then needing to slow down and then pick back up on speed it starts to chug and surge like it’s struggling for the gear or running out of gas. It does the same thing when trying to climb a hill or going around a corner. I’ve had it into the dealership twice, had the computer upgraded and talked with them several times on the phone but they still don’t have a fix. I would have gladly exchange the 22+ MPG for 17 or 18 MPG to have it shift right. I would not recommend this truck. As of today of writing this, it only has 10,000 miles on it and I’m still not happy so I’m trading it in for a Jeep G.C. This was my first GMC and I was very disappointed and will never get another GMC again."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next