2012 GMC Acadia

7.6

Based on 509 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

Great family trip vehicle!!!

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Lots of room, even with the third row up!!"

Cons: "Unreliable"

"We bought this car almost new, had 500 miles on it, we immidiatly took a trip from Texas to N. Carolina, 2 adult and 2 children. The entertainment package w/ dvd was a life saver!! The ride was very comfortable and the extra room was great, we had traded in a 2002 Envoy that we loved but out grew. Over the years its had a few problems, but nothing major until now... Check engine light came on, and was also due for an oil change, thought that was the reason for the light, turns out its a streched timing chain...really? at 25000 miles??? And there is a technical service bulletin put out but not shared by GM, how nice. Luckily its under warrenty. Anyhow, now im worried that this is going to be an ongoing problem and we are now thinking of moving away from the "New GM" and to think, We were thinking of getting A new Denali...lol"

Love it! Roomy

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"I bought this so I wouldn't get stuck at the hospital when Snowmaggedon hit 2 years ago. I really like the room and it doesn't look like a minivan. I've used it to tow without any trouble. Very comfortably seats 7 adults. Love the bucket seats in the middle row. My Labrador loves how she can lay between them and be cooled off by the rear heating/ac. I'm happy with it."

Love it!!!!

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"Looked at the Acadia from its intro. Finally bit the bullet and bought one in 9/10. Love pretty much everything about it. The one and only thing I could want is better fuel economy. My wife drives it daily and averages between 15.5 and 17.5 mpg. It is the SLT-2 AWD, but it still has never gotten the mpg advertised. The best we have gotten with it so far was 22.1 on a 200+ mile road trip. But with that being said, the honda accord we were also condsidering didn't get much better. Though one would think vehicles would get better mileage with todays technology."

GMC 2011 Acadia Exhaust Soot

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"Smithfield NC dealership is telling me that the soot on the garage floor from the exhaust is normal. I have had numerous cars over the years and three prior SUV's and none of my vehicles have ever left black soot on the garage floor. Is this just my vehicle or just the Acadia or GMC vehicles in general. Whichever, it is not acceptable."

Bad Buy

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"Sticker says 24 on highway and 17 in town. Actual is 19 on highway and 12/13 in town. Produces weird noises when you crank it up from the engine compartment and the rear end differancial(?). Transmission doesn't shift smoothly, and RPMs remain very high through the lower gears. Example: When driving at 40 mph the RPMs will be over 2,000 and will stay that way until you accellerate to 45 mph when it changes gear and drops to 1600 RPMs. So it is burning a lot of gas at lower gears. I have almost 9,000 miles on it, mostly highway miles. So, I can state, regular long distance driving on the freeway won't increase the milage to the over 20 plus as indicated by the manufacture, and EPA. Apparantly, General Motors, GMC division, decided to build a very poor vehicle that looks good. And the EPA assignment of 24 mpg, and 17 mpg, must be another government error."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching GMC Acadia near Honolulu. See local deals