1992 Ford Tempo

7.2

Based on 96 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

7.0/10

Very reliable vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"My parents bought their 1991 Tempo in 1992, it was used with about 10,000 miles on it. It was my mom's car and we drove it all over. Now my dad drives it over 50 miles a day to and from work and around town on the weekends. It has 195,000 miles on it. All my dad has ever done to it is changed the spark plugs once! He changes the oil every 3,000 miles and thats it! I learned to drive in this car and so did my brother. My dad is going to drive it till the wheels fall off. I know I will ALWAYS buy American cars, forign cars are OVERRATED; esspecially Toyota, Honda, and Subaru. I am sure my dad's little Tempo will hit 250,000 miles before anything begins to go wrong with it."

Great Car for Students

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"This vehicle has been in the same care for over 10 years. It runs very well, has had new break work, new heating/cooling panel, tires in great shape, engine runs well and has been very reliable over the years. The floorboard is completely re-welded, new belt in the engine and keeps oil very clean. It can go over 3000 miles before an oil change. I recommend this car for anyone who has a young driver or going back and forth to school and work. Easy to learn the clutch and 5 speed."

By on Saturday, June 26, 2010

Good beater car for teenagers

By on Sunday, January 24, 2010

"I bought our 1993 Tempo from a neighbor for $250.00 three years ago for my teenage daughter to get to school, work, and around town. At the time it had been sitting for 2 years and had a cracked windshield. We replaced the windshield and got new tires. Both my kids drove it many, many miles. It has been very reliable around town. We had to replace the starter, muffler, and battery but that isn't bad. It is still in good shape and I will probably sell it when my youngest goes to college this upcoming fall. Good little car...I do believe we got our money's worth even if a few things had to be replaced (as with all cars). Just this past December, we had to replace the door latch on the driver's door....found the part and a friend did the work. I think my son has been a little hard when shutting the door. Also, here in Virginia, where it is hot and humid, the AC works great!! Better than my newer car (Toyota!)...."

True Blue

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I've had my true blue 1992 Ford Tempo since it was almost new. At ~150,000 miles she's is still going strong. No engine problems at all. There have been issues with the wheels coming out of allignment frequently and fuses burning out in the dash, but those are easily correctible. I have owned this car since I was in college and was very rough on it at that time. It has been driven extensively in 3 cold weather states - Minnesota, Montana, and Idaho. As long as it is warmer than -20 it is able to be turned over. All around wonderful car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Tempo near Honolulu. See local deals