1992 Ford Tempo

7.2

Based on 96 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

7.0/10

most relyable and best running car!

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "everything is great about the ford tempo"

Cons: "there are no bad thingd, mines fast 4 a 4 banger"

"this car is spectcular, i havent had a single problem with this car, everything is absaloutly perfict. i drive about 50 to 75 miles on her a day, fill up once every 2 weeks"

Best vehicle for price

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"I have owned tempo's and topaz's for 7 years now. the first one I got was a 94 topaz GS. got 30 MPG and was quick for my young age. with nothing but maintenance work, the car lasted 4 years, and over 50000 miles of abuse that I put it though. since that car, I have owned 6 other tempo's, ranging from parts cars to sellers to my Daily driver, and none of them did I pay over 700 dollars for. For the price, they are a great car."

Glad to see it go!

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Watched this car leave on it's last tow truck ride after 17 long expensive years of ownership, and breathed a huge sigh of relief. It ran great for 1 1/2 years, then became a near-constant drain on my personal finances as well as allowing me (and my two cats) to become well acquainted with every service station and tow truck operator between Kentucky and Pennsylvania. The best thing I can say about it is this: put snow tires on it and it could go anywhere a 4-wheel drive or humvee could --best car I ever drove in the snow. Other than that, it was a piece of junk, and by the time I finally got rid of it, it was actually no longer a Ford---it was a NAPA!"

Very Reliable

By on Saturday, December 13, 2008

"This has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. It is a 1992 4 door with the 4cyl automatic. Fords biggest mistake was not making this car more stylish. It isn't great to look at, but it will get you across town, or country with an unbelievable 30+ mpg hwy/25+ cty. Comfortable seats and cruise control, seems to make long trips shorter. This car has 126,000 miles and I've only had to replace the heater hose, and tune up one time. If this car was still being manufactured, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one. I purchased this car in 2005 for $500.00 at an auto auction, and it looked nearly new. Resale value on this car is very low, mainly because of it's unattractive boxy shaped style. When gas prices hit $4.00 a gal, the car looked so much better!!!!"

Good first car for Young Driver

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I owned a 1991 Ford Tempo as my first car. The previous owner had beat the car pretty bad but after some work(Shocks, struts, tires, brakes, maintence work) it ran fine. Then the engine went, that was 1100 bucks and I kept having problems with motor mounts but it was partly my fault. Then about a year and a half after i bought it the tranny went, another 700 bucks. BUt after the major repairs had no problem except maintence work."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Tempo near Honolulu. See local deals