2012 Ford Taurus

Based on 290 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

Luxurious sporty family car at an affordable price

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Sharp look, excellent handling, wide tires"

Cons: "Good for its size but wish for better mpg"

"I love the feel and handling characteristics of the 2010 Ford Taurus. Quiet and powerful. It feels (and sounds) the same at 55 as it does at 80 (or more). The interior leather with heated and cooled seats are a perk worth having, and so is the sunroof. The cockpit design is roomy and comfortable with good lumbar support where it's needed. The trunk is HUGE which is important for me since I move every couple years for the military! It got my family of four and all our luggage and gifts including a Power Wheels jeep home from Christmas vacation. I get about 23 mpg in the city and 27 on the hwy. I still get compliments on how sharp this car looks, and I've had it for about 4 years now. My favorite comment was a guy who said "That car isn't your daddy's Taurus." The sharp new look combined with all the safety features makes this my favorite car owned yet. I would definitely buy another."

good performance sedan

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Performance and fit and finish."

Cons: "SHO should be more distictive exteriior."

"Vehicle has all the performance and bells and whistles for this type of car. There should be more distinction between a regular Taurus and the SHO models. The exterior should be more aggressive for the SHO models."

2014 Taurus Limited, AWESOME!

By on Thursday, September 8, 2016

Pros: "Great price, mileage, comfort....etc."

Both my Fords!

"This car is so awesome! I love all aspects of it and except for my 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, my favorite Ford car period. I get plenty of compliments on it, too! I like the fact that I don't see too many of them on the road, which I believe is bad marketing on Ford's part!"

Both my Fords!

Best In SHO.

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Pros: "Exciting to drive, Safety, Reliable, Comfortable"

Cons: ""Lemon" - Rear window shade."

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - Kona Blue

"This is my first luxury type vehicle. I never considered getting a Taurus SHO, but when the opportunity came, I didn't hesitate to buy this midlifer's hotrod. With the looks, performance, options galore, safety, reliability and quality all wrapped up in one, how can anyone not get it? I found the kona blue color the best of all the colors offered. A mix of blue in the shade, black at night and royal blue/purple in direct sunlight is perfect for the one who can't decide on just one color for their car. Not going to mention all the standards and options, because most who read will already know what this car has to offer. My SHO is going on 6 yrs, now. Only thing that has needed to be replaced is the rear window shade. Seems many of these shades have to be replaced because when I was in the service dept at Ford's, 3 SHOs were in the shop for the exact same reason that week. Must be a "lemon" rear window shade. Otherwise, this car has had NO repairs since I bought it. The SHO is a heavy weight. It feels very secure when handling on wet, dry and snow covered roads. It's almost impossible to roll over because of the weight. This takes some of the stress out of driving knowing the car will hold up if an accident occurs. I feel safe with all the safety features, the reliability and knowing this car is packed with quality makes it the car for me. Never again will I ever buy another make/model car. It will be a lifetime of Ford Taurus SHOs from now on. This Taurus SHO is pure excitement, a pleasure to drive and very reliable, not to mention a safe and secure car. LOVE IT, Love It, love it."

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - Kona Blue

This is the best car I've ever driven

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Great ride"

"This is my second Taurus SHO, I had a 2010, and was very happy. I could not resist an upgrade to the '13. It has every thing I could want in an auto. The handling, the ride, the performance, all excellent. I routinely drive more pricey "upscale" autos including a couple of late model Mercedes Benz cars and my SHO outdoes them all. The gas mileage could be a little better, but if one drives the Ecoboost 3.5 engine conservatively, it could be better. That's not to say I drive very fast or race away from dead stops, it's that in the city and with the regular amount of traffic I encounter, my gas mileage is affected. Interesting that Ford rarely advertises the Taurus, even with the keen popular interest that I have seen with my 2010 and 2013 models. Good luck to Ford and keep up the fine work !"