2011 Ford Taurus

Based on 294 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

Bought for the Comfort

By on Thursday, January 5, 2017

Pros: "Comfort, Reliable, quiet, no vibrations."

Cons: "depth perception of the back of the car -parking"

"I have a 2011 Taurus and its a Great Car. I had trouble finding a car with enough leg room. This one has plenty for me. I love how solid it is too. I just drove a 2016 ford focus for a day, which was a fun and peppy car to drive. I got my car back later that day and boy was it nice to be back in my tank. Just the solidness of the vehicle and how quiet it is compared to other cars. Have not had to do any repairs on it at all beside replacing the brakes and that was just this last summer. Plus my car is fwd. and it drives great through the snow."

This ain't Grandpa's Taurus anymore

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, roomy, powerful with great fuel mileage"

Cons: "steering wheel should tilt lower"

"Love this car! I'm 6'-3" and needed plenty of room to stretch out. I traded my 2010 Nissan Maxima for this car. The Ford Taurus is perfect as it provides room, comfort, and a sporty look. Has plenty of power and a perfect balance of touring comfort and agility."

Wouln't buy it but not a bad large sedan

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "engine, fit and finish, interior room and trunck"

Cons: "very difficult to see out back window"

"Have a 2012 and I am just about to get a 2014. It's a "company car" so not a lot of choices. Inside is quite, no mechanical problems at all on my 2011 ....80K miles oin 3 years. Love the engine...responsive and very smoooth. Trunk space is ample as is interior. Old school test of shutting door; this car passed. ie.solid, somewhat Heavy. seats are comfortable and fit and finish were top notch. very difficult to see out back window. handling is poor as when you park it never ends up where you wanted. very low front clearance-I have caught plastic sheild under bumper on curb at least 20 times and one time cost me $1740 for repairs. I have the base model. too much good competition in this large sedan category to go with Taurus."

very quiet, great ride, 29 plus mpg, large truck

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "best ride I have had"

Cons: "turn radius little large"

"great on 600 mile trips, sync helps even with weather radar"

Great drive. Sensible Luxury, Well designed/built

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "Luxury at a sensible price. Very well built"

Cons: "Rear visibility - Get reverse camera"

"If I did not see any branding on this car, I would have guessed Lincoln. The lines and layout of the interior are sleek, luxurious but sensible. From the drivers seat, eyes rarely have to leave the road. Voice recoginition controls allows most functions to be easily adjusted or utilized hands and eyes free including changing radio stations, temperature of the car, navigation. Safety features are dominant as warning systems for blind spot or cross traffic provides extra set of eyes. Rear view monitoring screen is quite large and not only shows typical distances in green yellow and red lines but also shows an additional set of dynamic white lines that show the path of the car due to the turning of the steering wheel. Adpative cruise control slows me down in traffic then speeds me back up when traffic is clear. Moisture sensing wipers and auto dimming lights allow for a more relaxing drive. Leg and back massaging bags in the heated/air conditioned seats assist in a very comfortable non stressing trip. Back passengers are treated with heated seats as well. Steering wheel is heated to provide a very comfortable drive in cool or cold weather. For a luxury sedan the exterior has a very sporty look with 20 inch polished aluminum wheels and sleek lines. The engine provides plenty of power and is very responsive and transmission is very smooth. The trunk is huge and back seats will fold down to accomodate a longer cargo if needed. Fuel economy is as advertised typical around town is about 20mpg and pushes 29mpg on the highway. My Taurus is the Limited that is option loaded and well worth every dollar. The only cons I would list are the visibility out the rear view window but with the huge backup camera display I find myself not even looking out the rear windwow much and it is quite adequate for normal forward driving. The side posts between the door causes a little blind spot on both sides, but once again the blind spot detection more than makes up for that. Highly recommend getting the "safety" options of Cross traffic detection, blind spot detection, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control. Well worth the money."