2010 Ford Taurus

Based on 289 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

Luxurious sporty family car at an affordable price

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Sharp look, excellent handling, wide tires"

Cons: "Good for its size but wish for better mpg"

"I love the feel and handling characteristics of the 2010 Ford Taurus. Quiet and powerful. It feels (and sounds) the same at 55 as it does at 80 (or more). The interior leather with heated and cooled seats are a perk worth having, and so is the sunroof. The cockpit design is roomy and comfortable with good lumbar support where it's needed. The trunk is HUGE which is important for me since I move every couple years for the military! It got my family of four and all our luggage and gifts including a Power Wheels jeep home from Christmas vacation. I get about 23 mpg in the city and 27 on the hwy. I still get compliments on how sharp this car looks, and I've had it for about 4 years now. My favorite comment was a guy who said "That car isn't your daddy's Taurus." The sharp new look combined with all the safety features makes this my favorite car owned yet. I would definitely buy another."

good performance sedan

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Performance and fit and finish."

Cons: "SHO should be more distictive exteriior."

"Vehicle has all the performance and bells and whistles for this type of car. There should be more distinction between a regular Taurus and the SHO models. The exterior should be more aggressive for the SHO models."

2014 Taurus Limited, AWESOME!

By on Thursday, September 8, 2016

Pros: "Great price, mileage, comfort....etc."

Both my Fords!

"This car is so awesome! I love all aspects of it and except for my 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, my favorite Ford car period. I get plenty of compliments on it, too! I like the fact that I don't see too many of them on the road, which I believe is bad marketing on Ford's part!"

Both my Fords!

This is the best car I've ever driven

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Great ride"

"This is my second Taurus SHO, I had a 2010, and was very happy. I could not resist an upgrade to the '13. It has every thing I could want in an auto. The handling, the ride, the performance, all excellent. I routinely drive more pricey "upscale" autos including a couple of late model Mercedes Benz cars and my SHO outdoes them all. The gas mileage could be a little better, but if one drives the Ecoboost 3.5 engine conservatively, it could be better. That's not to say I drive very fast or race away from dead stops, it's that in the city and with the regular amount of traffic I encounter, my gas mileage is affected. Interesting that Ford rarely advertises the Taurus, even with the keen popular interest that I have seen with my 2010 and 2013 models. Good luck to Ford and keep up the fine work !"

Best In SHO.

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Pros: "Exciting to drive, Safety, Reliable, Comfortable"

Cons: ""Lemon" - Rear window shade."

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - Kona Blue

"This is my first luxury type vehicle. I never considered getting a Taurus SHO, but when the opportunity came, I didn't hesitate to buy this midlifer's hotrod. With the looks, performance, options galore, safety, reliability and quality all wrapped up in one, how can anyone not get it? I found the kona blue color the best of all the colors offered. A mix of blue in the shade, black at night and royal blue/purple in direct sunlight is perfect for the one who can't decide on just one color for their car. Not going to mention all the standards and options, because most who read will already know what this car has to offer. My SHO is going on 6 yrs, now. Only thing that has needed to be replaced is the rear window shade. Seems many of these shades have to be replaced because when I was in the service dept at Ford's, 3 SHOs were in the shop for the exact same reason that week. Must be a "lemon" rear window shade. Otherwise, this car has had NO repairs since I bought it. The SHO is a heavy weight. It feels very secure when handling on wet, dry and snow covered roads. It's almost impossible to roll over because of the weight. This takes some of the stress out of driving knowing the car will hold up if an accident occurs. I feel safe with all the safety features, the reliability and knowing this car is packed with quality makes it the car for me. Never again will I ever buy another make/model car. It will be a lifetime of Ford Taurus SHOs from now on. This Taurus SHO is pure excitement, a pleasure to drive and very reliable, not to mention a safe and secure car. LOVE IT, Love It, love it."

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - Kona Blue

very quiet, great ride, 29 plus mpg, large truck

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "best ride I have had"

Cons: "turn radius little large"

"great on 600 mile trips, sync helps even with weather radar"

Love this car - Ford did a great job re-designing

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "Aggressive styling and ride, great technology"

Cons: "Would love better fuel economy"

"Until this purchase, I'd owned BMWs and Volvo's. The BMWs are terrific but I wanted an American made, lower cost, lower maintenance option while getting the latest technologies. The 2013 Taurus meets these requirements so I've been very pleased. I'd like to have better fuel economy, but, besides that, I couldn't be more impressed with the quality and engineering of my Taurus. Ford, well done!"

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"This is one of the best cars I've ever owned and that includes my past BMW 5 series."

Best Taurus Yet

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Bought a '10 Taurus Limited recently, after seeing it and test driving it. Have owned two Tauruses previously ('89, '01). This is by far the best from a performance, looks, ride, and initial quality standpoint. Took it on a trip of 300+ miles this week and got over 28mpg in mixed (city/highway) driving. Car is exceptionally quiet at all speeds. Fit and finish is excellent. Have had people stop and tell me what a good looking car it is. An outstanding effort from Ford."

Bought for the Comfort

By on Thursday, January 5, 2017

Pros: "Comfort, Reliable, quiet, no vibrations."

Cons: "depth perception of the back of the car -parking"

"I have a 2011 Taurus and its a Great Car. I had trouble finding a car with enough leg room. This one has plenty for me. I love how solid it is too. I just drove a 2016 ford focus for a day, which was a fun and peppy car to drive. I got my car back later that day and boy was it nice to be back in my tank. Just the solidness of the vehicle and how quiet it is compared to other cars. Have not had to do any repairs on it at all beside replacing the brakes and that was just this last summer. Plus my car is fwd. and it drives great through the snow."

Love the car

By on Monday, November 21, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy, good acceleration"

Cons: "microsoft sync sucks"

"Comfortable and sporty drive. I like the stiffer drive rather than a vehicle that floats. Easy to control and ABS system definitely works well. Not impressed with the sync system. Would rated it higher if the sync electronics worked better."

Best V6 Sedan Value

By on Thursday, September 1, 2016

Pros: "Powerful, roomy, stylish"

Cons: "Takes time to get used to the side view mirrors"

"We just bought our 2016 Ford Taurus SE and we could not be happier with it. No initial quality problems and the value for a family sedan is outstanding. I like that our family of 4 fits so easily in it since the kids are now grown up and bigger than Mom and Dad. The standard features such as rear view camera and hands-free calling with Ford Sync are great."

sharp looking car

By on Thursday, September 1, 2016

Pros: "sharp looking car"

Cons: "bad lighting"

"I have owned my ford taurus for about two years now. I have loved the look of the vehicle since day one. I have been very happy with the vehicle i just have three complaints. One of which is it gets absolute terrible gas millage. The second complaint I have is the vehicle has so many blind spots it feels like i am in a space ship with a small port hole too look out of. My final complaint is it is by far the most difficult vehicle i have ever driven trying to back up. the way the vehicle is designed the back lights sit so low that when you back up at night time you dont have any lighting at all to help you out. It feels like i am backing up blind and just hoping I dont hit anything. this vehicle needs to come standard with a back up camera. aside from that i love the look of the vehicle and the drive is very smooth."

So much fun!

By on Monday, July 25, 2016

"Of all the cars I've owned, this is my absolute favorite! It's exceptionally roomy and comfortable; the trunk space is amazing. The engine is powerful and responsive. I am a city driver and still get great gas mileage. My only criticism would be that the engine bites off more than the transmission can chew."

My first top end car

By on Monday, June 27, 2016

Pros: "Color, Value, Power, mileage"

My 2015 Taurus and 2002 F150 Supercrew 4X4

"I love the looks and overall rich feel of my 2014 Limited. It seems to fly under the radar and I don't see many on the road. Pity, this is not the Taurus of 10 or 20 years ago. For such a heavy car, it really likes to get up and cruise down the interstate at 75 while getting 28 mph!"

My 2015 Taurus and 2002 F150 Supercrew 4X4

Good looking, good driving

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Safety features"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I bought this car new, still like it after 1 and half years, still get compliments on it from complete strangers, love the safety features, the blind spot mirrors have saved me many times, it is one of my favorite features, love the built in GPS and back up camera as well. It looks good, is fun to drive and the safety features make it safe to drive as well."

Great everyday driver year round!

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "comforable, fun to drive, AWD works amazingly"

Cons: "Visability (can get used to it)"

"I live in Nebraska, weather gets from -10 to 110, the Taurus SHO does great in all the weather conditions, has plenty of power when I want it and does okay for fuel economy."

Excellent Car

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "most everything"

Cons: "Difficult to see out the back (comes with camera)"

"This is easily the best car I have ever owned. The speed for a car of this size is amazing and the economy isn't bad. It can compare with some of the fasted luxury car models, and for the price it can compete."

2011 Taurus SEL w/Rapid Spec 202

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Pros- Quiet ride.Vehicle handling is pretty good.Exterior styling. Sony stereo is all the stereo you'll ever need.Trunk space is great. Numerous cup/drink holders. Sync system. Cons-Garage door opener should be standard. Trunk release button on passenger side of dashboard. Looks bigger on the outside than what it actually is on the inside. Moonroof does not automatically close when vehicle is turned off."

Fits lots of junk in the trunk!

By on Saturday, January 28, 2017

"I love my SEL and it's been a very reliable vehicle which is for me a huge deal."

Ford's Diamond in the rough

By on Saturday, December 3, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, space, electronic toys, reliability"

Cons: "No power seat or pre-set's available"

"Great leg room and large interior. Made for those who plan to carry more than two people often. The seats are very comfortable and the A/C circulation during hot days is quick. The trunk is amazingly large and the back seat folds down to give the car a large carry space. I have an SEL with most everything you can order in the car (minor exceptions). Almost everything is automated and the steering wheel controls make it very easy to drive and use electronics in the car. Major drawback of the Taurus is the seats. You simply can't get power seats (back) in the Taurus. The bottom is standard but you must manually adjust the back. The lower cost Fusion and others have power seats but not on the flagship car (?). This means there are no pre-set buttons for your driver seat and control space. When the wife drives your car and changes everything, you've gotta change it all back. Annoying. The car is deceptive in that it looks smaller but it really is a large car and you've gotta get used to diminished visibility behind the car (it's got a big butt). This is my second Taurus in this body style and both have been very reliable. I haven't had either in the shop for anything outside of tires and oil changes. The V6 has enough power to get you up the on-ramp quickly but not enough to compete with the quicker Euro and Asian cars. For comfort and plush treatment of passengers for less money, the Taurus is a great American answer."

Great automobile, great price, great purchase

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Good fuel economy, very smooth ride, great seats"

"I purchased this vehicle for comfort and fuel economy. I used it as a commuter car to Los Angeles from the Central Valley in California. It is the most comfortable auto I have ever owned. With heated & cooled seats accompanied by the massager in the seat and back, it is great for commuting."

Great drive. Sensible Luxury, Well designed/built

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "Luxury at a sensible price. Very well built"

Cons: "Rear visibility - Get reverse camera"

"If I did not see any branding on this car, I would have guessed Lincoln. The lines and layout of the interior are sleek, luxurious but sensible. From the drivers seat, eyes rarely have to leave the road. Voice recoginition controls allows most functions to be easily adjusted or utilized hands and eyes free including changing radio stations, temperature of the car, navigation. Safety features are dominant as warning systems for blind spot or cross traffic provides extra set of eyes. Rear view monitoring screen is quite large and not only shows typical distances in green yellow and red lines but also shows an additional set of dynamic white lines that show the path of the car due to the turning of the steering wheel. Adpative cruise control slows me down in traffic then speeds me back up when traffic is clear. Moisture sensing wipers and auto dimming lights allow for a more relaxing drive. Leg and back massaging bags in the heated/air conditioned seats assist in a very comfortable non stressing trip. Back passengers are treated with heated seats as well. Steering wheel is heated to provide a very comfortable drive in cool or cold weather. For a luxury sedan the exterior has a very sporty look with 20 inch polished aluminum wheels and sleek lines. The engine provides plenty of power and is very responsive and transmission is very smooth. The trunk is huge and back seats will fold down to accomodate a longer cargo if needed. Fuel economy is as advertised typical around town is about 20mpg and pushes 29mpg on the highway. My Taurus is the Limited that is option loaded and well worth every dollar. The only cons I would list are the visibility out the rear view window but with the huge backup camera display I find myself not even looking out the rear windwow much and it is quite adequate for normal forward driving. The side posts between the door causes a little blind spot on both sides, but once again the blind spot detection more than makes up for that. Highly recommend getting the "safety" options of Cross traffic detection, blind spot detection, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control. Well worth the money."

Great drive. Sensible Luxury, Well designed/built

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "Luxury at a sensible price. Very well built"

Cons: "Rear visibility - Get reverse camera"

So far, best I've owned!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Comparetively ,good price"

Cons: "blind spot"

"2011 SEL, Six months in and couldn't be happier. 5,500 miles. Took a trip to Yellowstone and actually got better mileage in the mountains (30 ) than highway (28). Most comfortable long distance ride we've ever had. Leather seats with lumbar are great! Great handle through curves! An overall great driving experience! Only drawback, blind spots back left, but has (RSS) reverse sensing system."