2010 Ford Taurus

Based on 295 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

Love the car

By on Monday, November 21, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy, good acceleration"

Cons: "microsoft sync sucks"

"Comfortable and sporty drive. I like the stiffer drive rather than a vehicle that floats. Easy to control and ABS system definitely works well. Not impressed with the sync system. Would rated it higher if the sync electronics worked better."

Good looking, good driving

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Safety features"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I bought this car new, still like it after 1 and half years, still get compliments on it from complete strangers, love the safety features, the blind spot mirrors have saved me many times, it is one of my favorite features, love the built in GPS and back up camera as well. It looks good, is fun to drive and the safety features make it safe to drive as well."

Best V6 Sedan Value

By on Thursday, September 1, 2016

Pros: "Powerful, roomy, stylish"

Cons: "Takes time to get used to the side view mirrors"

"We just bought our 2016 Ford Taurus SE and we could not be happier with it. No initial quality problems and the value for a family sedan is outstanding. I like that our family of 4 fits so easily in it since the kids are now grown up and bigger than Mom and Dad. The standard features such as rear view camera and hands-free calling with Ford Sync are great."

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"This is one of the best cars I've ever owned and that includes my past BMW 5 series."

Excellent Car

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "most everything"

Cons: "Difficult to see out the back (comes with camera)"

"This is easily the best car I have ever owned. The speed for a car of this size is amazing and the economy isn't bad. It can compare with some of the fasted luxury car models, and for the price it can compete."

sharp looking car

By on Thursday, September 1, 2016

Pros: "sharp looking car"

Cons: "bad lighting"

"I have owned my ford taurus for about two years now. I have loved the look of the vehicle since day one. I have been very happy with the vehicle i just have three complaints. One of which is it gets absolute terrible gas millage. The second complaint I have is the vehicle has so many blind spots it feels like i am in a space ship with a small port hole too look out of. My final complaint is it is by far the most difficult vehicle i have ever driven trying to back up. the way the vehicle is designed the back lights sit so low that when you back up at night time you dont have any lighting at all to help you out. It feels like i am backing up blind and just hoping I dont hit anything. this vehicle needs to come standard with a back up camera. aside from that i love the look of the vehicle and the drive is very smooth."

Great drive. Sensible Luxury, Well designed/built

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "Luxury at a sensible price. Very well built"

Cons: "Rear visibility - Get reverse camera"

"If I did not see any branding on this car, I would have guessed Lincoln. The lines and layout of the interior are sleek, luxurious but sensible. From the drivers seat, eyes rarely have to leave the road. Voice recoginition controls allows most functions to be easily adjusted or utilized hands and eyes free including changing radio stations, temperature of the car, navigation. Safety features are dominant as warning systems for blind spot or cross traffic provides extra set of eyes. Rear view monitoring screen is quite large and not only shows typical distances in green yellow and red lines but also shows an additional set of dynamic white lines that show the path of the car due to the turning of the steering wheel. Adpative cruise control slows me down in traffic then speeds me back up when traffic is clear. Moisture sensing wipers and auto dimming lights allow for a more relaxing drive. Leg and back massaging bags in the heated/air conditioned seats assist in a very comfortable non stressing trip. Back passengers are treated with heated seats as well. Steering wheel is heated to provide a very comfortable drive in cool or cold weather. For a luxury sedan the exterior has a very sporty look with 20 inch polished aluminum wheels and sleek lines. The engine provides plenty of power and is very responsive and transmission is very smooth. The trunk is huge and back seats will fold down to accomodate a longer cargo if needed. Fuel economy is as advertised typical around town is about 20mpg and pushes 29mpg on the highway. My Taurus is the Limited that is option loaded and well worth every dollar. The only cons I would list are the visibility out the rear view window but with the huge backup camera display I find myself not even looking out the rear windwow much and it is quite adequate for normal forward driving. The side posts between the door causes a little blind spot on both sides, but once again the blind spot detection more than makes up for that. Highly recommend getting the "safety" options of Cross traffic detection, blind spot detection, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control. Well worth the money."

2011 Taurus SEL w/Rapid Spec 202

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Pros- Quiet ride.Vehicle handling is pretty good.Exterior styling. Sony stereo is all the stereo you'll ever need.Trunk space is great. Numerous cup/drink holders. Sync system. Cons-Garage door opener should be standard. Trunk release button on passenger side of dashboard. Looks bigger on the outside than what it actually is on the inside. Moonroof does not automatically close when vehicle is turned off."

Fits lots of junk in the trunk!

By on Saturday, January 28, 2017

"I love my SEL and it's been a very reliable vehicle which is for me a huge deal."

So much fun!

By on Monday, July 25, 2016

"Of all the cars I've owned, this is my absolute favorite! It's exceptionally roomy and comfortable; the trunk space is amazing. The engine is powerful and responsive. I am a city driver and still get great gas mileage. My only criticism would be that the engine bites off more than the transmission can chew."

Great automobile, great price, great purchase

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Good fuel economy, very smooth ride, great seats"

"I purchased this vehicle for comfort and fuel economy. I used it as a commuter car to Los Angeles from the Central Valley in California. It is the most comfortable auto I have ever owned. With heated & cooled seats accompanied by the massager in the seat and back, it is great for commuting."

Great everyday driver year round!

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "comforable, fun to drive, AWD works amazingly"

Cons: "Visability (can get used to it)"

"I live in Nebraska, weather gets from -10 to 110, the Taurus SHO does great in all the weather conditions, has plenty of power when I want it and does okay for fuel economy."

So far, best I've owned!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Comparetively ,good price"

Cons: "blind spot"

"2011 SEL, Six months in and couldn't be happier. 5,500 miles. Took a trip to Yellowstone and actually got better mileage in the mountains (30 ) than highway (28). Most comfortable long distance ride we've ever had. Leather seats with lumbar are great! Great handle through curves! An overall great driving experience! Only drawback, blind spots back left, but has (RSS) reverse sensing system."

Great drive. Sensible Luxury, Well designed/built

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "Luxury at a sensible price. Very well built"

Cons: "Rear visibility - Get reverse camera"

This car demands attention...

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "great looks and technology for the price."

Cons: "back seat leg room is not as much as expected"

"I never thought I would own a Taurus, but getting the 2010 model with the sync system has made me a believer. I have never received so much attention for a car. Everyone loves the looks, and compliments the smooth, quiet ride. I highly recommend this car for anyone looking for the room and flexibility of a full size car, with sexy looks and great new technology, this is it!"

Fantastic car.

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "A pleasure to get into every time."

Cons: "The top of the line model is pricy."

"I bought the Limited with all the gadgets (no nav) and I am still in love with it 2 years later. The metallic black paint and the 19" chrome wheels really set this car off. It is extremely comfortable, and has great handling."

Best Car out of the 35 cars i have owned

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "large, comfortable, stylish, completely reliable"

Cons: "get the back-up camera"

"Be sure to get the back-up camera"

7 Months Taurus Owner

By on Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Back-up radar prevented an accident for the second time!! 7 months and 9000 flawless miles. Florida trip - 27.9 MPG. Compare other sedans to my $29k Taurus with all its features. What a great deal for the best car I have ever owned. ( my 12th car) And I appreciate music for the first time thanks to the Sony sound system. What a Great car..."

Good Looking car with smooth quite ride.

By on Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pros: "Good fit and finish with smooth firm ride"

Cons: "The firm controlled ride can get a little harsh."

"Have owned Fords for the last 50 years my first was a red 1961 390 cu in Starliner and now I have a candy red 2011 3.5L Taurus SEL. Two different cars designed to move you from place to place in style with gusto. But to say the least the Taurus does it with a lot more refinement. It has fast response when you need to go fast and stops just as well. The interior is first rate in cloth or leather and the options match a lot of cars with a lot higher price and in some cases these cars don't have some of them at all. I get 20 mpg around town with 13000 on the odometer and everything is still tight and running smooth. I do recommend either the back up sensor or the camera as you can't see much when backing up. The premium sound system by Sony is also a good option to get if you like your music. The ride is firm but not harsh except on rough roads so if you need a marsh mellow ride this isn't your car. It gets attention about any where you go is quick, quiet and responsive to steering input so that you can avoid pot holes. It's a great car for not to much cash even with a pretty long list of options installed. I'd buy another one if I needed another car."

2013 Ford Taurus SHO w/ performance package

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pros: "Great Ford product!"

"I ordered a 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with performance package to replace my previous 2011 Ford Taurus SEL (which, in turn, replaced my 2008 Ford Taurus SEL). This is my third Ford Taurus in five years. The 2011 Taurus SEL was equipped with the standard 263 hp 3.5 liter engine. The 2011 model was well-built and was an excellent highway sedan, but lacked acceleration capablility. I would describe the acceleration with the standard 3.5L engine as "adequate" and the car's performance as "adequate" as well. I spec ordered the 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with the "performance package" in early April and the vehicle was delivered eight weeks later to the day. The SHO is a blazingly fast vehicle and there is simply no comparison between the SEL Taurus to the SHO package. The SHO performance package is much 'tighter' steering and ride, a stiff suspension that evens out past 70 mph, really excellent brakes and handling and just an amazing 365 hp turbocharged engine. The interior build quality is excellent and the sound-proofing is superb - very quiet interior noise. A really excellent sedan for long highway operation. My only disappointment so far is the dashboard design and guages - the tachometer is too small to be useful and the water temp guage is only a bar line - the dashboard/guages are not well laid out. The SHO with the performance package is a $10,000 or $11,000 increase in price over the SEL but the SHO with performance package is really worth the price difference. It's like going from 'family car' to 'race car' overnight - really no comparison to the two vehicles insofar as performance capability, yet at the same time, the SHO maintains an understated, solid (not flashy) appearance. An excellent choice for any person looking for a very fast and well-built sedan that can be used daily in business or commute."

Helluva Car

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, options, back up cam, ride, mileage,"

Cons: "Techno toys take time to master"

"We bought the Limited in March 2011 and have become more impressed with it the longer we own it. Great ride (would be even better with Michelin tires); gas mileage is way better than expected. We're getting over 22 in day to day driving and a little bit of highway on a weekly basis. Still leaning how to use all the techno toys on the vehicle; it has a nav system that's not that difficult to use. Kind of disappointed that Ford wants $199 to update the nav database. Probably won't do that yearly, since roadways don't really change that much; but will possibly every 2-3 years. We've owned Mercedes and Volvos and this car beats them all. Great value with all the features. Considered a Genesis, but didn't have some features we wanted; then on a business trip where I rented a car, was upgraded to a Genesis and was really glad we bought the Taurus. Genesis was nice, but not as nice as the Taurus. Good job Ford!"

Great Vehicle - Excellen Ride!

By on Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros: "Great ride - very comfortable - excellent handling"

Cons: "windows too small - not enough sight lines"

"I love this vehicle - this is my second Taurus in four years. I had a 2008 Limited that I just loved and traded it for a 2012 Select last fall. I put a lot of miles on my vehicles living in rural northern New Hampshire, and this car delivers good gas mileage (I average about 26 mpg), a fantastic ride, all kinds of comfort, and Ford reliability. I will definitely be sticking with a Taurus in the future!"

Love It!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Can't beat everything you get for the price/Great"

Cons: "None wowrth mentioning"

"I was shopping for an AWD in March 2011 and didn't even realize this car existed. I looked at Hondas and Toyotas and went to the Ford dealer to look at the AWD Fusion when I saw the Taurus on the lot. Took it for a test drive and I was sold. My wife has arthritis so I got the keyless/remote start and most of the other bells/whistles.Our relatives lives 900 miles away so it's a long trip; we drive it in 1 day and it's actually a fun drive in this vehicle; through the desert, over mountains and through LasVegas and Phoenix. I've had it in slushy snow in April and it never lost traction. It performed better in the snow than our 2006 Escape. I've owned it for 7 months and have 18,000 miles on it. Quiet, smooth, comfortable, great handling and power with all the electronic gadgets you want at a reasonable price."

Luxurious sporty family car at an affordable price

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Sharp look, excellent handling, wide tires"

Cons: "Good for its size but wish for better mpg"

"I love the feel and handling characteristics of the 2010 Ford Taurus. Quiet and powerful. It feels (and sounds) the same at 55 as it does at 80 (or more). The interior leather with heated and cooled seats are a perk worth having, and so is the sunroof. The cockpit design is roomy and comfortable with good lumbar support where it's needed. The trunk is HUGE which is important for me since I move every couple years for the military! It got my family of four and all our luggage and gifts including a Power Wheels jeep home from Christmas vacation. I get about 23 mpg in the city and 27 on the hwy. I still get compliments on how sharp this car looks, and I've had it for about 4 years now. My favorite comment was a guy who said "That car isn't your daddy's Taurus." The sharp new look combined with all the safety features makes this my favorite car owned yet. I would definitely buy another."

Great car

By on Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"I traded my 2006 BMW 750Li for the Taurus SEL with leather/massage seats, moonroof, and reverse sensors. I have put 4000 miles on it with no problems, squeaks or rattles. I love it. The ride and handling are great. I don't miss the BMW's problems and exorbitant maintenance and repair costs. The engine is smooth, not too noisy and has plenty of power. I've averaged about 27-28 mpg on the highway and 23-24 around town. The visibility out the rear isn't too good so you may want to opt for the rearview camera. I believe its great value for the money. The car's MSRP was $31,600 and I paid $27,000. I also looked at the Honda Accord, Nissan Maxima, Buick Lacrosse, and Jeep Cherokee."