2009 Ford Taurus

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

One of best cars I ever owned.

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "od"

"Very comfortable and quiet (even with 80K miles) Feels very safe when you are driving or riding in it. Gas mileage good for its size."

I want to like it, but can't

By on Thursday, December 31, 2009

"pedals too close, steering wheel too far, no side support in seats, headrest hits back of head, arm rests too low and away, low beams dim with sharp cut-off, cramped left footwell, center console hits leg, torque steer moderately bad, noisy engine always shifting, road noise in rear seat from wheel wells"

Great Car for tall people

By on Thursday, September 10, 2015

Pros: "Plenty of room, front, back and ceiling"

Cons: "Large empty car when kids go to college! : ("

"We bought this car because it was the only 4 dr sedan with plenty of rear head space and leg room. 6 ft 3 in boys fit very comfortably in the back and trunk large enough for groceries to feed them! Ride excellent but so smooth almost puts you to sleep. Great car for families. 8 cup holders."

Roomy, comfortable, efficient.

By on Saturday, November 28, 2015

Pros: "Room, comfort, power, economy."

Cons: "Styling, doesn't seat six."

"We have two 2008 Taurus' and love them. Very Reliable. Good power and excellent gas mileage for it's size. Very Comfortable. Great value. However, I do wish it had an option for a center front seat instead of the console to seat 6 if needed. For comparison I had a smaller Mercury Milan and it was rough riding, less comfortable and got the same gas mileage as the Taurus. And I had a 2008 Chevy Impala and both the engine and trans leaked fluid and the tranny had minor shifting issues."

Great value, Great car

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "Spacious interior/trunk, FWD Does great in snow"

Cons: "Gas (18 city, 23 hwy), Manual headlights, Parking"

"I purchased this car about 6 months ago for $9000 with 53k miles. So far it is great. It did better than expected in the snow (great traction, did not slide, went up hills/bridges with ease) this was important to me. Being somewhat tall (6' 2") I was looking for a vehicle that was spacious and had high ceilings. The Taurus gives me plenty of room between my head and the ceiling (8+ inches), the drivers seat is also higher off the ground than other cars I have driven. Both of these aspects are comparable to a small suv/crossover. The back seats are very spacious and are comparable to a Lincoln town car. There are only a few negative aspects to this vehicle. The headlights are not automatic (they stay on when the car is turned off) and you need to turn a switch every time you turn them on/off. My previous car had automatic lights so this took some getting used to but is not a big issue. Another negative is gas mileage. Other reviews have said they get up to 28 mpg, but I disagree. I drive about 60% of the time on the freeway and 40% city. Typically I get about 18-21 mpg on average, and never more than 23 or 24 mpg when I am driving solely freeway. Lastly, the Taurus is a full size sedan with a somewhat wide turn radius. A lot of the time while parking in a spot I need to back up and straighten up. Parallel parking is also much tougher if you are used to a smaller car. Overall great purchase and would definitely recommend to buy."