2004 Ford Taurus

7.8

Based on 1357 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Best overall vehicles

By on Sunday, February 20, 2011

"I'm now driving my 2007 for more than 3 years. I've had 4 taurus's, 2 at once , mine and wife, great cars. Had 00,05,06, and now my 07, No major problems. Wouldn't even consider another vehicle."

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"I bought my 2001 taurus new and drive my cars forever. This car has been pretty good. The brakes have never been a good design on this car and wear fast with poor rotors. I now have 200000 miles on it and had to replace the transmission. Luckily i found a good used one for only 500.00 and then paid 500.00 to install. Overall good cheap transportation. Weak spots on the car are brakes and struts. Some have had bad luck with transmission but I'll take the 200,000, thankyou very much. Nice job Ford and good for you."

good value

By on Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Bought used 25,000 miles a year ago. Good car for under 10K! Nice style from most angles. Decent Vulcan V6 power and smoothness. Tranny not as smooth as engine, but okay. Extra low 1st gear aids quick takeoffs but would be smoother without. Cheap plasticinterior but solid enough. except for passenger door trim in the middle which I had to super-glue on. Had drivers door not want to latch closed when very cold out, but extra grease helped. Throttle cable needs periodic lube or feels "sticky" on pedal. Too new to have these things. Radio/cd player has good design, and works well, but speaker sound is mediocre for an '05. Handling is pleasant and accurate but not sporty. Springs are a little soft and "bouncy" over hard bumps. Interior is quiet and engine noise is quiet at all speeds. Actually makes a better sound when using E85, though maybe because it is using more fuel, or it likes the octane. Makes the old 4-barrel carb. sound on the E85 at full throttle. Anyone else noticed this? (I actually like it.) Gets 22 mpg with gas and 18 on E85, even when driving smooth and 60 mph. Dash computer is handy. Does not like to start 1st try when cold out on E85. Takes 2 0r 3 times to stay running when cold out. Even a little bit of gasoline added to the mix in the tank eliminates this, though I don't know why. My Chrysler van doesn't do that. I like the look of the car-looks more stylish than the price would suggest. Stock Continental tires are bland, and I think the handling would be helped by better tires. But a good value of the money."

Great car for the Price

By on Friday, August 3, 2007

"I bought my Melot- Metallic 2006 ford Taurus over a year ago by accident. I was out and saw a ford suv from the road as I was passing by a car dealer ship in my town. A car salesmen was putting a sticker on this shiny new taurus that said 11,995 , I asked for a test drive and the rest is history. My car was part of a rental fleet and only had 600 miles on it. Loaded with cd player, premium wheels, Etc. I put a Lebra on the front and tinted the windows and when clean looks as sharp as any car on the road. Only one minor problem in over a year, driver side window came off track. In my opinion the car drives well , handles well and has a decent get up and go, when I step on the gas with these size 15's. I'm a big man at 6 feet 5 inches over 300 lbs and the Taurus is comfortable for me."

The best work vehicle I've ever owned hands down!

By on Saturday, October 5, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, economical as a work vehicle."

Cons: "Seats could be a bit more comfortable."

"Bought this for a work vehicle. Previous car totalled by deer collision, so didn't have a lot of time to shop. Got this gem from a local dealer for 5K. The more I drive it, the better I like it. Reasonably comfortable and roomy. Quite dependable and gets about 26-27 mpg. Recently put a set of Michelins on this baby and it handles like a champ. I can see why Ford sold millions of these during their production years. I will really miss this car whenever I have to part with it... hopefully several years from now."