2000 Ford Taurus

7.8

Based on 1351 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Comfortable, good gas mileage 24-27+;

By on Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage; Dependable; reasonable up-keep;"

Cons: "Had some repairs at this mileage."

"Bought used, Dec. 2011; 74000 miles. I drive 500-600 miles a week. 24V 6 cyl. gets good mileage-24-27+ if you drive fairly conservative, use cruise. At that mileage, I did have some repairs come up. Kept oil changed. Overall, good, dependable car. Good size, comfortable car that gets good gas mileage for its size."

Excellent handling, rides smooth, Great car!

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "Cute, Reliable, Comfortable, and fun!"

Cons: "None."

"I bought this car and didn't have high expectations. It exceeded them by 100%! The interior is very room, and fov is amazing! It's extremely reliable, rides smooth, great handling. Have not had any problems with it!"

FORD GIRL!!--Best car I ever owned!

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pros: "price was right/love the V6"

Cons: "rear windows don't go all the way down"

"I purchased this car with 6000 miles on it. It was shipped from CA to OH. I got a steal of a deal with this car. In 9 years I have only had to replace one gasket seal and the total cost was $750. I have no rust and only a few very small chips from a rock. The paint still shines like the day I bought it and it has only been in a garage in the winter during the past 4 years. I have 111,900 miles on it and I hope to put another 100,000 on it. I get 400/mi to the 15 gallon tank on road trips. My city mileage is about 325/mi to the tank. My next car will be the Fusion!! I love the Ford product. F-O-R-D free of roadside disasters!!!"

best car worst time

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"I bought this car new at the beginning of the 2003 model year. within three months the price at local dealerships dropped,along with my value by about 9000 dollars. So I started out in the hole. The car has major issues with the wear of tires I always line and balance when replacing them and keep them rotated and checked, but the tires tend to only make about half of their life expectancy no matter which brand I use. The air conditioning system and parts on the front end have had to be replaced more than once. the leather trim on the door panels just peeled loose and had to be replaced, the leather seats however look as good as they did the day I bought this car. The car has no retail value but the purr of the engine has helped me to over look the other defects. Possibly the best engine ever at 160,000 it shows no signs of slowing."

Great, Safe car to Own!!!

By on Friday, December 2, 2011

Pros: "Reliable and will get a person through anything."

"I have owned my Taurus since I was 16 and have never looked back since. It has taken me all over the world and only once has broken down on me. I needed to replace the catalytic converters on it, one day it had no power on the highway but luckily I was able to limp it home and from there replace both of them. Other than that just normal maintenance, stuff you would have with any car, brakes, oil, etc."

My second Ford Taurus

By on Sunday, February 1, 2009

"I have 2004 Taurus which I bought used at the end of 2005. It currently has 102200 miles and still runs well. It has held up well with two drivers, one with a tendency toward a lead foot. Very reliable with great highway mileage, even with a full load. So far, it has only needed routine maintenance, tires and rotors. Note: Does require driving with more caution on wet roads. Two full sized adults can comfortably ride in the back seat. Great trunk space."

Perfect for Salesman

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"I am on the road a lot. This car is comfortable, dependable, quick, with great mileage. What more can you ask for?"

Best car I've ever had. I am 64y.o.

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, easy and fun to drive. made well."

Cons: "After age10 repairs start."

"Drives very well even now, at age 15. Still very comfortable and made well. Powerful car. We always felt very safe inside it."

I love this car! Very easy to maintain.

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable, easy to maintain, comfortable seats"

Cons: "No CD player, hideaway console"

"I have owned this car for almost 13 years and have had to repair it only 3 times. Routine maintenance has kept this car running smoothly for years. The air conditioner was replaced after 11 years and approximately 157,000 miles. I'm very pleased with the overall performance of the car. This car is still being driven every day to work and I have no plans to trade it in or sell it. I'm a very happy and satisfied Ford customer!!"

The best vehicle I've ever owned..

By on Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pros: "Never a problem"

Cons: "Gas consupmtion a little excessive"

"Out of dozens of vehicles I have owned, of all makes, this Taurus is superior to them all...Simply put.!!"