1995 Ford Taurus

7.9

Based on 220 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Best American Ford In This Class Ever

By on Monday, December 3, 2007

"I bought this car in 1994 from a Car Rental Company. It had 15,600 miles on it, and was in Excellent shape, just a few "Dings" and several Cigarette holes in the upholstery. These were repaired by the Rental Company before i took possession of the car. It has LOTS of passenger space. In December 2008, it's STILL servicing us well. I have been pretty meticulous with maintaining the body and the engine, waxing, polycoating, tune-ups, oil changes (every 3,000 miles), tires, alignments, Etc. In 1996 (somewhere around there, I had a Rebuilt Transmission put in it. To date, I've had no problems.). I was extremely disappointed when Ford decided to discontinue the model for a short while. Maybe it ran too well. The car now has 128,000 miles on it, still running well, and owes us NOTHING-!! It is the BEST American car that I've ever owned. I've owned Cheveys, Fords, a Chrysler, and two Dodges. I never bought another American car for fear that I couldn't find another one like it."

Awesome Drive

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"My husband has had his 94' SHO (manual) for almost 10yrs now and the car still drives like a champ! It is the true sleeper. There are a few mods that we added for a bit more HP and even with the hard driving that me or my husband puts it through, it still hangs tuff. Many people are surprised at how well it handles, drives and boogies down the road in a race. And alot of people weren't even aware of this car. I love the car and everybody that runs across it, falls in love too. A great car but I'm not so sure about the Automatics though."

Great Engine and Seats

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"If you want a value "sleeper" vehicle at a reasonable price, this is the one for you! I've owned an early 90's SHO for 14 years. Only at 100k miles did I have to put money into major, but expected repairs (belts, major tune, breaks, timing belt, alternator, water pump, and a few other normal wear items). The seats are some of the best I've ever sat in. Multi-position punamatic adjustments with terrific lumbar and side bolster supports. Even after a long trip these seats remain comfortable! The "premium" sound system is a now a bit dated, but still decent. Being an early 90's Ford however, the interior and weather seals are finally showing wear as the car spends most of its time in the CA sun. I've always put good (V or Z rated) tires on the vehicle and have never regreted it. After all these miles the engine still remains a terrifically torquie one with lots of reserve power on the down shift. A real sleeper too."

solid driving car

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"95 Taurus with 3,8 engine. Other than head gasket replacement (at Ford's cost) the car has been very reliable, Gets 28 mpg with highway driving, 18mpg in town. Wheel alignment holds tight and tire wear is excellent. Smooth power train and quiet at highway speeds. Ample acceleration. Car has been garaged and used primarily for long trips. Has only 38000 miles on it. Purchased new in November 1994."

Lots of Fun

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"This middleaged mom uses the SHO for her backup vehicle. Love to pull up to a sports car. They see Mom in a Taurus and pay no attention. The light turns green and I blow them away and the pedal ain't even near the metal. Love the acceleration and handling. Great performance but have had some repair issues. Ignitions are weak on these cars and will need replacement. Air conditioning died after 9 years - fixed but was expensive. No engine or transmission trouble yet but I only have 100K on it. Fun to drive but high performance vehicles are higher maintainence."