1995 Ford Taurus

7.9

Based on 220 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

bought it for a temporary car and price was right,

By on Monday, April 1, 2013

Pros: "keeps right on running"

Cons: "interior is very fragile and paint did not hold up"

"After an accident in my SUV I needed something temporary until I could decide what to do. Bought this car two years ago, milage was low price was right,still have it and it runs great. I tote a lot of kids and the interior did not hold up well at all. But the smog test was the cleanest the mechanic had ever seen. He said the engine was strong. I do do my due maintenence had had the engine and transmission flushed right after I got it and I have had to replace the serpinetine belt. Was not fond of this car before I bought but it is running great. I think the year is one of the best."

solid auto

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"Strong and dependable. Replaced transmission under warranty @ 32000 mi. Heater core @52000mi for $800. Water pump @ 72000. Owned for 12 years. Will be my son's 1st car....."

Best 1st car i've had since last sept.

By on Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pros: "Reliable engine, handles good."

Cons: "differnt cup holder maybe"

"Reliable, easy to work car, low maintenance, good gas mileage."

DEPENDABLE

By on Monday, October 12, 2009

"I bought this car for $1500 with 93,000 miles and have put 10 thousand miles on it in 4 months. The car is amazing. I wish I could afford a new one. 31 mpg on the highway and 25mpg in town."

Bang for your buck! Very Fast & Fun!

By on Friday, July 3, 2009

"I love the SHO. Only models from 1989-1995 of course. You cant go wrong with this car. Especially for the price. No downfalls what so ever. Its excellent on gas. Has a very powerful V6 Yamaha built motor that produces 220 hp. Great handling for a "Ford". I've owned several SHO's and love them. The automatic models are pretty fun, but the 5-speed manual models are a blast to drive. These yamaha motors scream when you hit the gas pedal. I highly recomend this car to everyone. It is perfect for any family, or for your weekend cruiser. A MUST TO GET YOUR HAND ON. For those who dont know what SHO stands for. Its stands for Super High Output."

By on Monday, April 7, 2008

First Car

By on Friday, February 1, 2008

"I had my 94 Taurus for 8 years. I'm just recently getting a new car. The only reason I'm getting a new car is b/c my car was involved in an accident. I had very few probs w/ this car. It was very easy to drive. I would recommend this car for a college or high school student."

some wind noise

By on Tuesday, December 4, 2007

"Worst thing about the 2 95 Taurus' that I had is the windnoise through the front windows. Adding higher profile tires will smooth out the rather rough ride. The 3.0 engine is very dependable."

Best American Ford In This Class Ever

By on Monday, December 3, 2007

"I bought this car in 1994 from a Car Rental Company. It had 15,600 miles on it, and was in Excellent shape, just a few "Dings" and several Cigarette holes in the upholstery. These were repaired by the Rental Company before i took possession of the car. It has LOTS of passenger space. In December 2008, it's STILL servicing us well. I have been pretty meticulous with maintaining the body and the engine, waxing, polycoating, tune-ups, oil changes (every 3,000 miles), tires, alignments, Etc. In 1996 (somewhere around there, I had a Rebuilt Transmission put in it. To date, I've had no problems.). I was extremely disappointed when Ford decided to discontinue the model for a short while. Maybe it ran too well. The car now has 128,000 miles on it, still running well, and owes us NOTHING-!! It is the BEST American car that I've ever owned. I've owned Cheveys, Fords, a Chrysler, and two Dodges. I never bought another American car for fear that I couldn't find another one like it."

Awesome Drive

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"My husband has had his 94' SHO (manual) for almost 10yrs now and the car still drives like a champ! It is the true sleeper. There are a few mods that we added for a bit more HP and even with the hard driving that me or my husband puts it through, it still hangs tuff. Many people are surprised at how well it handles, drives and boogies down the road in a race. And alot of people weren't even aware of this car. I love the car and everybody that runs across it, falls in love too. A great car but I'm not so sure about the Automatics though."