1999 Ford Ranger Super Cab

8.2

Based on 752 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

Saved my life

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Reason: It was bent in half by a semi truck

Pros: "Saved my life"

Cons: "hard to find in good shape"

"I owed this truck for years. It rarely had issues and the ones it had were normal wear and tear for a heavily used vehicle. I would still be driving this truck today if I hadn't been rear ended by a semi truck. This ford pick up saved my life! If any of the safety features had failed or if the truck had not been as well made as it was I would have been pancaked. The truck didn't make it as it more closely resembled the letter V after the accident than it did an automobile, but it did it job and more."

Pretty good little pickup

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Solid pickup, very capable for it's size."

Cons: "Fairly low miles per gallon."

"I bought this pickup late last year, and it has yet to let me down. It wasn't in perfect condition when I got it, it had been used for work. And that's exactly what I expect out of a pickup is for it to work. And with work come dings, scratches and other "blemishes". Gas mileage seems a little bit low than what I would have hoped for in a little pickup but it is what it is. Then again, I do have big tires on it, and they're probably not very fuel economic themselves. Other than that, the only major problem I've had with it are the ball joints like another reviewer had mentioned. The replacement joints I put in did have grease zerks so hopefully they might last a bit longer? Other than that, it has stayed pretty solid for me. Routine maintenance things of course but all in all, I like it very much. It has gotten me through a fair amount of snow, even the record setting snowfall we had a few weeks ago. It's a little tight carrying the family around but we make do."

Reliable. Fun to Drive.

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Low Maintenance, Holds it's Value"

Cons: "Spare Tire Rusted to Frame, Gas Mileage"

"This truck has been running for 13 years, no major problems. There have been fuel injector replacements and a cat went bad but overall the truck is still running strong. The value of this vehicle really shows in it's dependability and ease of maintenance. It is fun to drive, but it is not made for speed and all that. I would highly recommend to a friend."

It does only what its built to do.

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "Sporty little truck!"

Cons: "Not built for michigan or states like it."

"This truck isnt going to haul anything over 2000 pounds. But its not meant to. For what it is i believe this ranger is built well. The rust is a problem though especially since im out of michigan. Ive owned the 4 cyl 5 spd 2WD stepside model for 6 months now. My only warning is to not even bother with 2WD. 3 inches of snow and you are all over the road. Mechanically, she seems to be solid. I swapped out clutch related parts and that was all. For a first time driver, this truck is perfect. Not fast, and not heavy. Decent truck at best."

Good Truck, Few Flaws

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "Great Value, Good Towing Capacity, Decent MPGs"

Cons: "Slow on hills, uncomfortable back seats."

"To Start overall I'm very happy with the truck, with that being said there are a few issues. Firstly, on vehicles with 4WD, the 3.0L engine is too small. The vehicle tends to bog down on hills, and when towing you have to lay into it and downshift to keep going forward. Secondly, as with all trucks, it is very important to have some wight in the bed in snow, unless you like fishtailing. Thirdly, on the supercab, get the 4 door model, not the 2 door extended cab. It6 makes getting into and out of the back 1000 times easier. Finally, the "Seats 5" for the extended cab is very optimistic (Or for people driveing 4 toddlers around). While we have fit 5 adults in the truck, the two in the back couldnt move and were being crushed by the front seats, while the person in the middle up front had to control the gas and brakes. In Short, this SHOULD NOT, be a family vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals