1992 Ford Ranger Super Cab

8.2

Based on 149 Ratings for the 1992 models.

one of the best trucks i have ever had

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "they are right i had to put cup holders in"

"This pickup is actually a 1991 but they wouldn't let me select that year everything is original and in mint condition no rust or scratches original motor and clutch the only thing that is not original is the radio but other than that by far the best truck I have had in a long time I was in Yakima Washington for training and my neighbor came over with the keys and title and told my wife that when I get home to come over and finalize everything which was awesome"

Great reliable truck

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"I have a nice paintjob on mine and good wheels and ive putthe thing through rough country everyday driving and its the best vehicle ive ever owned...never had a problem"

Trusty cheap hauler & runner--89 XLT 4 cyl 5 spd

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"I bought this truck new off the dealer's lot. The 4 cylinder engine was very reliable and easy on gas. Coupled with the 5 speed manual, it ran within the 26 to 30 mpg range. 1989 was the first model year for the dual ignition system with two plugs per cylinder, so you really had to watch some of the tune up places to make certain that they didn't skip the back four plugs on you--demand that they show you all eight old plugs to ensure that they do the job properly. The truck had a strange starting problem the first month I owned it, but the dealer found out a couple of others had the same problem and found a TSB with a fix that worked. Other than that, it never had a single repair--just ordinary items like oil changes, scheduled belt replacements, headlights, and tires. Good enough for hills and such without any bogging, even loaded, but a strong side wind could really slow it down some times. Handled well, empty or loaded. However, in winter, 200 pounds of sand tubes were a very necessary accessory in the bed over the rear axle if you wanted to get anywhere in ice and snow. Still ran strong at 137,000 miles, but a winter accident with seven other vehicles and a concrete bridge railing led to the insurance company totaling it. The engine was still fine and running, but the body and frame were toast, and I walked away without a scratch. Good truck which I recommend heartily. Parents bought a new 1991 XLT longbed after being impressed with my 1989, and their 1991 is still running strong with 430,000 miles on the odometer."

May not be a lady killer but a good reliable truck

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Good price, extremely reliable"

Cons: "No cup holders and not very sporty look"

"I spent a long time looking for a cool sports car and ended up settling for this car but after a while I realized dont judge a book by its cover. It is all around a good truck. It is very reliable and gets good has milage. Mine has a few minor rust spots but it makes a great college car and I would recommend it to anyone."

Ranger lemon

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"I had to sell my ford Ranger due to the high maintenance cost. I had it for 10 years and changed the engine 3 times. Transmission was changed 2 times. Fuel pump was changed 2 times. 4x4 automatic locking hubs are weak and only lasted 2 winters in the snow. For a while they would only work in Reverse. Dealership wanted 500 dollars for each hub to replace. Finally I found a wrecked Ranger to use for parts. This really saved me on maintenance/repairs. 2.9L engine was really not that good on gas. I would average 10 to 12 MPG beteween all the different sensors giving me trouble... These sensors were not cheap either."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals