2005 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

Based on 1336 Ratings for the 2001 - 2011 models.

lowest price and lowest cost of maintenance

By on Monday, August 5, 2013

"More than 200,000 miles with ordinary maintenance and wear and tear replacement. Least expensive vehicle I have ever bought and maintained and the lowest price I ever paid for a new vehicle. About to make it my second vehicle cause I need a truck and I know this one's history,"

LOVE MY RANGER!!!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Great truck, awesome styling, roomy"

Cons: "Bad fuel mileage, choppy ride"

My baby

"My wife bought me this 2005 Ranger to replace my 1987 Ranger with over 500,000 miles on it. I LOVE it!!! The styling is awesome, the color is beautiful and the 4 doors are so handy!! She bought it used from CarMax and it already had the bedliner and hard bedcap on it, which was a huge plus!! The only drawbacks we've found to this truck are the ride is a little choppy, kind of like a small car, and the fuel mileage isn't very good-even with a V-6 (our 2002 Grand Marquis gets better mileage!!). I thought it would ride a little more car-like, but overall I am VERY pleased with this truck and I plan on keeping it until it lays down and dies!!!"

My baby

Great little truck

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"My Ranger has been a very reliable and efficient little truck. With the 2.4L 4 Cyl it's actually quite able to haul and VERY good on gas. I generally get the advertised 26 mpg highway. If you want a reliable little truck that never lets you down, make it a Ford Ranger!"

Does everything I ask of it

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cons: "It does have a blind spot to the right side"

"I bought this truck to tow a double snowmobile trailer and am very happy with it. It has good power for a 6 cylinder and the 4wd works flawlessly. I have never gotten stuck with it, even pulling a loaded trailer on an unplowed road with a foot of snow."

Great value for the money!

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pros: "24 MPG city!"

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"For the 15K I paid for it new, it's worth every penny and more. Excellent utility truck for the family at a great price. Has the two jump seats so my whole family can take short trips together!"

love it!

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "reliability, fuel economy, payload capacity"

Cons: "rough ride, small cab"

"I love this truck! Its one of the best vehicles ive ever owned. I bought it when it had 80000 mi on it. It now has 208000! The only problem ive had has been plastic in the engine bay. Interior and exterior has held up well. Its hauled whatever fits in the bed no problem, which is surprising givin the 2.3l 4 cyl engine with manual transmission. The fuel economy is also quite surprising at 24 country driving and 28 hwy although i have seen one tank at 34 mpg which was mountain driving no interstate. Overall its a truck I love that has a permanant place in my driveway!"

All around truck

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Cons: "Nowhere to put small change into"

"Wow, I'm amazed as to how dependable this truck is. Since I bought it new in 2002, I never needed to fix anything on it so far. Of course the normal oil changes, tires and brakes, but I haven't even changed a light bulb from my truck. I use my truck for commuting to work, haul around my dirt bikes, camping, and loading it up with lots of lumber. It drives like a truck, looks like a truck, only need to wash it once in a while, because it is my all around truck. I'll buy another as long as they keep building them."

love it very dependable

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "easy to drive especially on long trips"

Cons: "no cons for me to speak of never had problems"

"I have had this truck for almost 6 yrs now. I have had no major problems with it other than normal stuff like tires,and such. Mine has a 3.0 which is plenty of get up and go especially for freeway driving."

Good value for the money, 3.0L anemic, cheap paint

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliable mechanics, comfy seat, easy in traffic"

Cons: "Cheap paint, seat mechanism/CD broke"

"My 2nd Ranger has proven reliable as the 1st although not very powerful w/the 3.0L 6 cylinder. The 2004 2WD Edge Supercab suits my needs for light hauling and no off road antics. Problem areas after 78K miles and 6 years of ownership include CD player failure, failure of the seat-back tilt mechanism, and also a noticeably cheap paint job. Overall I am pleased with it and plan on keeping it a long time."

Best Smaller sized truck you will ever find!

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable!"

Cons: "Nothing at all"

"My 2001 Ford Ranger has been through alot in the past years, and it has never ever let me down one bit. reliable, comfortable, and priced right for a very good truck. Ford is #1!"

good vehicle

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

"good mechanic quality"

One great little pickup

By on Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros: "just plain a tough truck to beat for the money"

Cons: "The brakes seem to be a littl;e on the small side"

"Have owned 5 Ford Rangers and drove the daylights out of them.Have had the 4 cyl,and the 3.0 V6 and all of them 2 wheel drive with locking rear axle.This is the first with the 4.0 engine and I love it. Really goes down the road.Ninety percent of my driving is high speed highway(55-70) and my MPG is still up around 26 with about 400 lb payload of tools and such.I take care of my trucks,oil change at 4K always.I always put KD air cleaners on them,really helps with the MPG.I put 150-175 K on all my trucks before trading and dealers swear I have only 20K.This is the very best Ranger I have owned.Ford has screwed up big time by shutting down this truck.There is diffently a market"

Very impressive truck.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, price"

Cons: "The storage behind driver is hard to get to."

"I have owned this truck two years. The absolute only complaint I have is the cab is a little cramped for a person my size. It is a bit difficult to get to the area behind the seats. Gas mileage is great. It is reliable and have had no problems with it what so ever. Love and and would recommend it to anyone."

Reliable

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Have yet to replace a single part except regular maint. (tires, battery, brakes) Bought used at 70k miles..... running perfect still at 117K."

BEST VALUE!

By on Sunday, July 25, 2010

"I HAVE OWNED MY FORD RANGER FOR 3 YEARS AND IT HAS GIVEN ME ZERO PROBLEMS. I AVERAGE 30 MILES PER GALLON AND ENJOY DRIVING THE ROUNDTRIP 50 MILES TO AND FROM WORK EACH DAY. FOR THE MONEY, I RECOMMEND THIS PICKUP TO ANYONE!"

Nice little truck!

By on Sunday, August 2, 2009

"This truck overall would rate a four star !MPG is ok at 16 city & 22 hwy.One thing i don't like about this truck is the ride/comfort because suspension is very stiff and when going over bumps it really shakes you.Handling is great and i really like the fit and finish.There is no squeaky or rattling noises in the Ford Ranger and i'm saying that because i owned a Chevy Truck before and all the plastic parts are very loose and makes all kinds of noises.Ford should of made the back cab a little bigger(4"-6" inches extra)because is way to narrow back there and only kids can fit in those small seats.Sound system in this truck is clean , loud and sounds great.Overall i like this Ford truck and always owned Ford cars because they're the best made American cars!"

Small Truck Big Guts

By on Sunday, July 5, 2009

"I have found that the 4 x 4 Ranger can go places the larger cousins can not. Partly due to weight and to a large degree size this reliable vehicle fears no off road trail. With the 4.0 V-6 it is much more nimble and gets out of trouble quicker than the larger heavier F series. The trade off is comfort, although not bad it is not as spacious as its larger cousin and will beat you up a little harder off road because it is so light. Once you learn to anticipate its limitations and learn its strengths you will find this rig an ample off road champion."

Best vehicle on the road

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"I've had my 2003 4x4 since it was a year old. Always starts, never have any kind of problem whatsoever with it. It's been well maintained, and has paid me back many times over with its reliability. The way I look at it, the money I've saved on repairs more than makes up for the gas money."

Tough Truck

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Everyone already knows the gas mileage is poor, big deal. The 4x4, 4.0 engine, and 4.10 gears will get you through the worst places. I've pulled 4x4 Tacoma's out of snow, along with F-150s. With any truck, you'll need some weight in the bed. In the winter I have 200lbs in the bed, and I've been through 16in of snow EASY! With the extended cab, there's plenty of room to stretch out. The tow-package can haul pretty much anything you can think of. Ground clearance is way better than I could ever imagine. Let's face it, if you want gas mileage, buy a Honda Civic. If you want to fit 4 people in your truck, get a full-size. But, if you want a great small truck that can get you anywhere in any condition, BUY A RANGER 4x4! (every person that gets the 2wd always wants the 4x4 at some point, unless you live somewhere warm)"

Good commuter

By on Friday, December 12, 2008

"I have the base Ford Ranger to drive to work and for transporting anything that is too big to fit in a car. Have about 58,000 miles. ( 5 years) The only thing I have to change was the spark plugs and wires bacause some rat took a bite on the number 4 wire. Average around 30 miles to a gallon. Likes a mixture of 87 and 89 octane gas. Have about 160 lbs weight on the back for better traction. The manual transmission is just great for the small engine. This is a great small truck but I am getting an extra cab, 4WD next time."

Lifted Off-Road Edge

By on Friday, December 5, 2008

"I own a 2004 Edge V6 version with a manual transmission. I bought and installed a Fabtech suspension lift kit for it when it had around 12K miles on it. Today it has 39K on it and it runs just as strong and dependable as it did when new. I don't care what people say about Ford's or their lower than average resale, this vehicle has never failed no matter what I've thrown at it. A month after I installed the lift it forged 2 ft deep flood waters during Hurricane Charlie, Frances and Jean. I've taken loads of cement block in the bed in excess of 2500lbs without a sweat. It has 33 inch BFG's on it and it will pull anything that gets stuck. With my higher clearance I once pulled a Tahoe through high water that fried it's electrical. Aside from it's strength it has been extremely reliable. Nothing has EVER broken. I replaced the battery at 32K and that's all other than fluids. It is a great truck. My version has the six disc changer in the dash which is great for long trips. I also installed Sirius and hard wired it to the extra 12V plug in. This is a very reliable vehicle and I don't regret buying it, not one day in the last 4 years."

Very Economical--A Great Value

By on Friday, December 5, 2008

"I purchased the 2003 Ranger in 2005, 48k miles. Driven daily for 3 years, 30k miles. Its the least expensive, but most reliable vehcile I've owned. I replaced the engine and trans lub with synthetics, added a high flow muffler (Flowmaster) and a high flow air filter (Amsoil)--improved mileage by nearly 2 MPG. I average 25-26 city, 29-30 highway. Outstanding value."

Great truck

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"I have owned a 2003 Edge supercab Ford Ranger for 18 months and it has been an excellent truck. The only maintenance I have done is change the oil. Looks great, well laid out interior, jump seats. Rides a little rough when not loaded down which is typical of most trucks. The suspension squeaks a little and I have heard the same squeak on other Rangers around town which I am sure is the bushings. My truck is a 3.0 liter v6 with a 5 speed transmission. I wish the truck had more power. Put a K&N air cleaner if you own or are looking to get one of these fine trucks, the K&N helps with a slightly snappier throttle replonse and saves gas. I have gotten about 1.5 mpg improvement since installing."

engine fails

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"This truck had a 3 yr 36000 mile warranty. 3.0 engine failed (blown) at 18,000 miles, ford would not cover because it was 8 weeks out of 3 yr warranty. ford said they didn't care. changed all fluids regularly. dont buy with a 3.0 and if you do extend the warranty"

Best truck ever

By on Thursday, December 6, 2007

"I've driven many different trucks. Ford Ranger is the way to go. Best truck for the money, great fuel mileage. Owned it for 5 years, no mechanical problems! Better to buy used if you can. It will save you money."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals