2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

Based on 1330 Ratings for the 2001 - 2011 models.

Great truck, never a problem

By on Monday, August 22, 2016

Pros: "Dependable, great in the snow, workhorse if needed"

Cons: "Blind spot a little tricky with the Super Cab."

"Bought this truck new in December 2008. Drive 16 miles per day round trip to work, weekends it is a work truck. I own a nursery and it has hauled thousands of loads of mulch, firewood, plants, shrubs. Very dependable, rides great. fantastic in the snow, I live in the mountainous region of Western North Carolina. I have drove the truck in 12-15 inches of snow (slowly) with not a problem. I get 24 mpg interstate and 18-20 around town. It has been to Oklahoma, Ohio (hunting trips every fall) for 7 years, never a problem. Great visibility and the seats are very comfortable. This was my 5th Ford Ranger 4x4 V-6. dating back to the early 1990's with the 2.9 V-6, the 94, 99, 04,09 all with the 4.0 V-6. Great motor. Just rolled over 42K, factory tires still have plenty of tread, same battery, brakes, only routine maintenance. Highly recommend.."

Very reliable and safe transportation

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

"I have owned this vehicle since 2001 and have had very few mechanical problems. It has never failed an emissions test and the A/C has always operated well. It has been a safe and reliable means of transportation. It turned out being a bit small but it provided good (22-24 mpg)mileage over the life of this vehicle."

On of Ford's finest

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Pros: "Major comfortable to drive. decent gas mileage."

Cons: "NONE"

"Not rated but included in the whole package: Key less entry Remote starting Electronic rear-view mirror with compass and temperature Rear covering for 6 ft. beds ( has never leaked )"

Excellent practical truck

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Excellent Fuel Mileage, fun to drive, attractive"

Cons: "They don't make them any more!"

"Excellent fuel economy, wonderful performance,brakes and tires lasted over 100,000 miles. Only a few small maintenance issues. Wish they still made them!"

Great small truck

By on Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pros: "Quality, comfort, dashboard, fun to drive, durabil"

Cons: "gas mileage, some black inside cab"

2004 Ford Ranger in 2013 looks brand new! Very good looking truck.

"This truck is over 9 years old, and still gets mistaken for a much newer vehicle! Paint, chrome, and even the headlight lenses look new. It has never been in a garage, but out in the sun. I have kept it washed and waxed. Only thing I don't like is the black substance on the chrome step bar. It looks faded as it does on all vehicles. Mechanically, this truck is awesome. It doesn't burn any oil, and everything works like it's supposed to. I have had a few expected things wear out and fixed. I don't like having a vehicle with so many miles, but I think I can get at lease another 100,000 miles from it with no problem."

2004 Ford Ranger in 2013 looks brand new! Very good looking truck.

lowest price and lowest cost of maintenance

By on Monday, August 5, 2013

"More than 200,000 miles with ordinary maintenance and wear and tear replacement. Least expensive vehicle I have ever bought and maintained and the lowest price I ever paid for a new vehicle. About to make it my second vehicle cause I need a truck and I know this one's history,"

one of the best trucks ever made.

By on Friday, August 2, 2013

Pros: "the very best you can buy"

Cons: "price is a little bit on the high side"

"i have owned a lot more cars and trucks of all makes and models than most people.used to buy sell and trade all the time plus run a small car lot for awhile.the ford f-150 and ranger are by far the very best.the one i have now has 181,000 miles on it and still drives like new gets in high 20's m.p.g never need to add oil between changes.has no rust and i live in the mountains of nc where a lot of salt is used.but best of all it is american owned.some people say there truck was built in U.S.A and it might be but where do you think the money goes to.thank you MR.FORD for still making the best cars and trucks on the road for over 100 years."

love it very dependable

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "easy to drive especially on long trips"

Cons: "no cons for me to speak of never had problems"

"I have had this truck for almost 6 yrs now. I have had no major problems with it other than normal stuff like tires,and such. Mine has a 3.0 which is plenty of get up and go especially for freeway driving."

LOVE MY RANGER!!!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Great truck, awesome styling, roomy"

Cons: "Bad fuel mileage, choppy ride"

My baby

"My wife bought me this 2005 Ranger to replace my 1987 Ranger with over 500,000 miles on it. I LOVE it!!! The styling is awesome, the color is beautiful and the 4 doors are so handy!! She bought it used from CarMax and it already had the bedliner and hard bedcap on it, which was a huge plus!! The only drawbacks we've found to this truck are the ride is a little choppy, kind of like a small car, and the fuel mileage isn't very good-even with a V-6 (our 2002 Grand Marquis gets better mileage!!). I thought it would ride a little more car-like, but overall I am VERY pleased with this truck and I plan on keeping it until it lays down and dies!!!"

My baby

Good value for the money, 3.0L anemic, cheap paint

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliable mechanics, comfy seat, easy in traffic"

Cons: "Cheap paint, seat mechanism/CD broke"

"My 2nd Ranger has proven reliable as the 1st although not very powerful w/the 3.0L 6 cylinder. The 2004 2WD Edge Supercab suits my needs for light hauling and no off road antics. Problem areas after 78K miles and 6 years of ownership include CD player failure, failure of the seat-back tilt mechanism, and also a noticeably cheap paint job. Overall I am pleased with it and plan on keeping it a long time."

Best Smaller sized truck you will ever find!

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable!"

Cons: "Nothing at all"

"My 2001 Ford Ranger has been through alot in the past years, and it has never ever let me down one bit. reliable, comfortable, and priced right for a very good truck. Ford is #1!"

good vehicle

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

"good mechanic quality"

has been an excellent purchase

By on Thursday, August 9, 2012

"Great truck no trouble ever and looks great"

One great little pickup

By on Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros: "just plain a tough truck to beat for the money"

Cons: "The brakes seem to be a littl;e on the small side"

"Have owned 5 Ford Rangers and drove the daylights out of them.Have had the 4 cyl,and the 3.0 V6 and all of them 2 wheel drive with locking rear axle.This is the first with the 4.0 engine and I love it. Really goes down the road.Ninety percent of my driving is high speed highway(55-70) and my MPG is still up around 26 with about 400 lb payload of tools and such.I take care of my trucks,oil change at 4K always.I always put KD air cleaners on them,really helps with the MPG.I put 150-175 K on all my trucks before trading and dealers swear I have only 20K.This is the very best Ranger I have owned.Ford has screwed up big time by shutting down this truck.There is diffently a market"

Very impressive truck.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, price"

Cons: "The storage behind driver is hard to get to."

"I have owned this truck two years. The absolute only complaint I have is the cab is a little cramped for a person my size. It is a bit difficult to get to the area behind the seats. Gas mileage is great. It is reliable and have had no problems with it what so ever. Love and and would recommend it to anyone."

Great little truck

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"My Ranger has been a very reliable and efficient little truck. With the 2.4L 4 Cyl it's actually quite able to haul and VERY good on gas. I generally get the advertised 26 mpg highway. If you want a reliable little truck that never lets you down, make it a Ford Ranger!"

Does everything I ask of it

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cons: "It does have a blind spot to the right side"

"I bought this truck to tow a double snowmobile trailer and am very happy with it. It has good power for a 6 cylinder and the 4wd works flawlessly. I have never gotten stuck with it, even pulling a loaded trailer on an unplowed road with a foot of snow."

Great value for the money!

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pros: "24 MPG city!"

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"For the 15K I paid for it new, it's worth every penny and more. Excellent utility truck for the family at a great price. Has the two jump seats so my whole family can take short trips together!"

love it!

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "reliability, fuel economy, payload capacity"

Cons: "rough ride, small cab"

"I love this truck! Its one of the best vehicles ive ever owned. I bought it when it had 80000 mi on it. It now has 208000! The only problem ive had has been plastic in the engine bay. Interior and exterior has held up well. Its hauled whatever fits in the bed no problem, which is surprising givin the 2.3l 4 cyl engine with manual transmission. The fuel economy is also quite surprising at 24 country driving and 28 hwy although i have seen one tank at 34 mpg which was mountain driving no interstate. Overall its a truck I love that has a permanant place in my driveway!"

All around truck

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Cons: "Nowhere to put small change into"

"Wow, I'm amazed as to how dependable this truck is. Since I bought it new in 2002, I never needed to fix anything on it so far. Of course the normal oil changes, tires and brakes, but I haven't even changed a light bulb from my truck. I use my truck for commuting to work, haul around my dirt bikes, camping, and loading it up with lots of lumber. It drives like a truck, looks like a truck, only need to wash it once in a while, because it is my all around truck. I'll buy another as long as they keep building them."

Reliable

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Have yet to replace a single part except regular maint. (tires, battery, brakes) Bought used at 70k miles..... running perfect still at 117K."

BEST VALUE!

By on Sunday, July 25, 2010

"I HAVE OWNED MY FORD RANGER FOR 3 YEARS AND IT HAS GIVEN ME ZERO PROBLEMS. I AVERAGE 30 MILES PER GALLON AND ENJOY DRIVING THE ROUNDTRIP 50 MILES TO AND FROM WORK EACH DAY. FOR THE MONEY, I RECOMMEND THIS PICKUP TO ANYONE!"

Great Truck

By on Thursday, May 6, 2010

"This is a great truck for a single guy with no kids, its great for the do it your selfer. Its just an awesome truck. the only reason I want to get rid of it, is because I have small kids and the jump seats are not safe for them. Do you self a favor and buy a ford truck. You will be happy, I am."

Nice little truck!

By on Sunday, August 2, 2009

"This truck overall would rate a four star !MPG is ok at 16 city & 22 hwy.One thing i don't like about this truck is the ride/comfort because suspension is very stiff and when going over bumps it really shakes you.Handling is great and i really like the fit and finish.There is no squeaky or rattling noises in the Ford Ranger and i'm saying that because i owned a Chevy Truck before and all the plastic parts are very loose and makes all kinds of noises.Ford should of made the back cab a little bigger(4"-6" inches extra)because is way to narrow back there and only kids can fit in those small seats.Sound system in this truck is clean , loud and sounds great.Overall i like this Ford truck and always owned Ford cars because they're the best made American cars!"

Small Truck Big Guts

By on Sunday, July 5, 2009

"I have found that the 4 x 4 Ranger can go places the larger cousins can not. Partly due to weight and to a large degree size this reliable vehicle fears no off road trail. With the 4.0 V-6 it is much more nimble and gets out of trouble quicker than the larger heavier F series. The trade off is comfort, although not bad it is not as spacious as its larger cousin and will beat you up a little harder off road because it is so light. Once you learn to anticipate its limitations and learn its strengths you will find this rig an ample off road champion."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals