2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 752 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

Best vehicle I've ever owned, I love this truck!

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "It's quick at take off, smooth to drive and is fun"

Cons: "I don't have any!"

"It rides like a comfortable car, hauls like a truck, still looks like it's almost new and runs and runs with very few problems. I bought it new in 1999 and put all but 33 of the 178,000 miles on it and have never been disappointed with it's performance. It takes hills like they are nothing, excelerates like a large V8 and has the fuel economy of it's small V6 3.0 flex fuel engine. If you have one take good care of it, if you don't and are looking for a great used truck, this is the one to get!"

Love it!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"I bought this truck used in 2004 with about 44K miles on it. It now has 271,000 (you read right!) on it. Since I have owned it, I have replaced the transmission due to loosing reverse and the usual 2-3 flair, that was around 120K. Other than usual maintenacne items, the only major repairs were new cooling system (radiator, pump, hoses, etc) at 160K, and afinally a new ignition coil at 170K miles. Other than the transmission issue, this has been a daily driver and very reliable. I was a firefigher and drove this truck hard and fast for about 6 years, operating it like a police car. 4x4 works very well and is great when driving to the fire station at 2AM in 18" of snow! 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4DR 4.0L V6 5R55E Automatic 4x4 Off-Road package"

Third ranger in a row

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pros: "Good MPG for a truck"

Cons: "Fuel gagues never work past 75k"

"Ive been driving them for 9 years now. Rangers will last upwards of 200k miles with the proper care and occasional replacement of small components. Good on gas and rides well."

What a Truck!

By on Thursday, August 5, 2010

"I bought my 2000 Ford Ranger ten years ago, never regretted it. This truck has been a blessing to me all these years. Only had to do the usual maintenance and replaced a flywheel, but other than that, no problems. I've been able to run 215k miles, which is high, but I keep my oil changed regularly. I call it "MY BABY," and thank God for it every day!"

Ten Years This July (2010)

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"In ten years I've changed the battery once. Cleaned out the airflow hoses before/after the bottom of the radiator when the 'check engine light' goes on every few years (it gets clogged with soot). Clean it with a toothpick. Also snapped the bolt on the front torsion bar. Spent $38 for a kit: two new bolts/spacers/washers to redo both sides of the bar. Had a slightly strange feeling going around corners. Probably could have ignored it-but for $38 I did the fix (two bolts-8 minutes). Only major upgrade: put 31" Pirelli Skorpion tires on the original 15" wheels (w/out any lift kits it seemed the biggests I could go). These tires made the 2wd truck perform better with an empty bed in the snow as the original Wranglers did with 280lbs of weights in the back. I had to have the dealer reset the speedo-chip because with such an increase over the original (tiny, horrible) tires it threw off the speedo and the automatic shifted in the wrong places. $79 for dealer-got the tires free from a relative. Now I can do Michigan winters with a 2WD. Oh, and one turn signal started blinking really fast-which means a bulb was burned out...so I've added less than $10 of bulbs over the years. Nice and cheap standard bulbs for everything-none of that expensive LED stuff. I use synthetic oil in it. I put a brass push-and-turn spigot where the oil-changing bolt went. Now I just push-and-turn to release the oil: no wrench needed (though you do need to wear a glove or risk getting scalded/oily when openning the tap). That's it. Nice reliable truck. If I had to do it over again I would have gotten it with larger, more aggressive tires (but probably still not the 4WD which at the time added around $4k to the $15k car A-plan price). I hope in the year 2020 they still make Rangers-I think I'm only half done with this one.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals