2000 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 754 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

This is the best little truck!

By on Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Pros: "Reliable!"

Cons: "Not much cab room."

"I have owned this little truck for almost 20 years. Got it in Sept. 1998, but it was the 1999 model. I have been 4x4 with it, I have pulled some cars out of snow with it, went throw some raging water to save some people with it. Not a SINGLE major problem with this truck. Changed its oil and filters, a battery or two(2), belts, Shocks replaced, spark plugs, transmission fluids changed, that is it folks. All things you need to have done to it in 20 years. So my next truck has to be just as good if not better! Why Ford stopped making these is beyond me."

Best vehicle I've ever owned, I love this truck!

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "It's quick at take off, smooth to drive and is fun"

Cons: "I don't have any!"

"It rides like a comfortable car, hauls like a truck, still looks like it's almost new and runs and runs with very few problems. I bought it new in 1999 and put all but 33 of the 178,000 miles on it and have never been disappointed with it's performance. It takes hills like they are nothing, excelerates like a large V8 and has the fuel economy of it's small V6 3.0 flex fuel engine. If you have one take good care of it, if you don't and are looking for a great used truck, this is the one to get!"

Love it!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"I bought this truck used in 2004 with about 44K miles on it. It now has 271,000 (you read right!) on it. Since I have owned it, I have replaced the transmission due to loosing reverse and the usual 2-3 flair, that was around 120K. Other than usual maintenacne items, the only major repairs were new cooling system (radiator, pump, hoses, etc) at 160K, and afinally a new ignition coil at 170K miles. Other than the transmission issue, this has been a daily driver and very reliable. I was a firefigher and drove this truck hard and fast for about 6 years, operating it like a police car. 4x4 works very well and is great when driving to the fire station at 2AM in 18" of snow! 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4DR 4.0L V6 5R55E Automatic 4x4 Off-Road package"

Third ranger in a row

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pros: "Good MPG for a truck"

Cons: "Fuel gagues never work past 75k"

"Ive been driving them for 9 years now. Rangers will last upwards of 200k miles with the proper care and occasional replacement of small components. Good on gas and rides well."

What a Truck!

By on Thursday, August 5, 2010

"I bought my 2000 Ford Ranger ten years ago, never regretted it. This truck has been a blessing to me all these years. Only had to do the usual maintenance and replaced a flywheel, but other than that, no problems. I've been able to run 215k miles, which is high, but I keep my oil changed regularly. I call it "MY BABY," and thank God for it every day!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals