1999 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 751 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

GREAT

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage; sturdy truck"

Cons: "Small cab; not made for giants."

"I drove this truck for 10 years and put 140,000 miles on it. Great truck. Never had any engine or transmission issues. The only thing I had to replace are typical things that wear out over many miles (tires, alternator, suspension, timing belt, etc.) Ford makes great trucks."

my 4th ranger in a row

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "great for outdoor sports support"

Cons: "really cheap carpet, windshields always crack"

"these are very useful vehicles overall. i can't believe ford is disc. them in the us. who will be the 1st co to bring a good small pickup to this mkt? That will probably be my next new vehicle."

The best vehicle I've had.

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "They're tough and go forever."

Cons: "I didn't really not like anything about it."

"The entire time I had this vehicle, it was a well diversified truck. It was decent on fuel and could do a lot of work. It was tough and didn't take damage too easy. The Ranger had a good ride and it handled well too in all the elements. I always felt safe in it. It also had pretty good ground clearance for a smaller truck."

most durable and reliable vehicle in its class

By on Monday, March 3, 2014

Pros: "bulletproof reliability, easy to maintain"

Cons: "smaller inside than other mini pickups"

"This is my second Ranger and they have both been totally bulletproof. Have 175,000 miles on this one. The 3.0 V6 is unbreakable and continues to run strong. The ONLY issue it has ever had is the notoriously weak factory radiator with the plastic end caps. This is the only major component that has ever been replaced. Everything else is original except wear items of course. They might be a bit rattly and smaller inside but if you want a totally dependable vehicle this is definitely one to consider."

I owned for 12+yrs I love it. VERY RELIABLE

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "great price plenty of bed room and good mpg"

Cons: "I have nothing bad to say about this truck"

"gotten 22+ mpg highway. 18mpg city. has 247k+ miles and starts right up EVERY time. I would buy another one in a heartbeat."

Great Quality little truck, Good MPG for a 4x4

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Great running, Fun to drive."

Cons: "A little small interior"

"Over all GREAT running, MPG is GREAT, A little small on the inside but Im a small person so its good for me. Extended cab is small for an adult but good for children or keeping groceries and such...... I lobve this truck!"

I love this truck

By on Sunday, October 7, 2012

"I have to drive in BAD weather, this truck does it ALL, I down shift, and let the truck work, this truck has gotten me out of so MANY bad weather conditions! LOVE_LOVE It This truck just never quits."

Basic truck that never let me down

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, cheap to maintain, simple design"

Cons: "Rough ride"

"2000 Ford Ranger XLT with 3.0 liter v6, 2wd, limited slip, towing package, hd suspension. 134k mileage. Other than regular maint, tires, brakes, truck only broke down once... computer chip (still ran / did not shift gears). Tow 5k lb boat, dump runs, takes it all. Small, rough ride, very basic, but its a truck (well not in TX). Only putting 3k a year on it now... probably have for another 20 years."

Reliable Pickup

By on Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Exceptional reliability. No significant problems over 10 years. Excellent drivability in snow and mud. This truck will get you off the mountain in blinding snow storm!"

Ranger

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"The 98 ranger 5 speed 4 wheel drive has been nothing short of reliable. I feel as though it has been as good a truck, if not better, than any of the competing trucks in its class. I have not had any issues outside of standard maintenance. The mileage is 145K and I anticipate it going another 120K without issue."

Saved my life

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Reason: It was bent in half by a semi truck

Pros: "Saved my life"

Cons: "hard to find in good shape"

"I owed this truck for years. It rarely had issues and the ones it had were normal wear and tear for a heavily used vehicle. I would still be driving this truck today if I hadn't been rear ended by a semi truck. This ford pick up saved my life! If any of the safety features had failed or if the truck had not been as well made as it was I would have been pancaked. The truck didn't make it as it more closely resembled the letter V after the accident than it did an automobile, but it did it job and more."

Pretty good little pickup

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Solid pickup, very capable for it's size."

Cons: "Fairly low miles per gallon."

"I bought this pickup late last year, and it has yet to let me down. It wasn't in perfect condition when I got it, it had been used for work. And that's exactly what I expect out of a pickup is for it to work. And with work come dings, scratches and other "blemishes". Gas mileage seems a little bit low than what I would have hoped for in a little pickup but it is what it is. Then again, I do have big tires on it, and they're probably not very fuel economic themselves. Other than that, the only major problem I've had with it are the ball joints like another reviewer had mentioned. The replacement joints I put in did have grease zerks so hopefully they might last a bit longer? Other than that, it has stayed pretty solid for me. Routine maintenance things of course but all in all, I like it very much. It has gotten me through a fair amount of snow, even the record setting snowfall we had a few weeks ago. It's a little tight carrying the family around but we make do."

Reliable. Fun to Drive.

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Low Maintenance, Holds it's Value"

Cons: "Spare Tire Rusted to Frame, Gas Mileage"

"This truck has been running for 13 years, no major problems. There have been fuel injector replacements and a cat went bad but overall the truck is still running strong. The value of this vehicle really shows in it's dependability and ease of maintenance. It is fun to drive, but it is not made for speed and all that. I would highly recommend to a friend."

It does only what its built to do.

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "Sporty little truck!"

Cons: "Not built for michigan or states like it."

"This truck isnt going to haul anything over 2000 pounds. But its not meant to. For what it is i believe this ranger is built well. The rust is a problem though especially since im out of michigan. Ive owned the 4 cyl 5 spd 2WD stepside model for 6 months now. My only warning is to not even bother with 2WD. 3 inches of snow and you are all over the road. Mechanically, she seems to be solid. I swapped out clutch related parts and that was all. For a first time driver, this truck is perfect. Not fast, and not heavy. Decent truck at best."

Good Truck, Few Flaws

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "Great Value, Good Towing Capacity, Decent MPGs"

Cons: "Slow on hills, uncomfortable back seats."

"To Start overall I'm very happy with the truck, with that being said there are a few issues. Firstly, on vehicles with 4WD, the 3.0L engine is too small. The vehicle tends to bog down on hills, and when towing you have to lay into it and downshift to keep going forward. Secondly, as with all trucks, it is very important to have some wight in the bed in snow, unless you like fishtailing. Thirdly, on the supercab, get the 4 door model, not the 2 door extended cab. It6 makes getting into and out of the back 1000 times easier. Finally, the "Seats 5" for the extended cab is very optimistic (Or for people driveing 4 toddlers around). While we have fit 5 adults in the truck, the two in the back couldnt move and were being crushed by the front seats, while the person in the middle up front had to control the gas and brakes. In Short, this SHOULD NOT, be a family vehicle."

Best vehicle I've ever owned, I love this truck!

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "It's quick at take off, smooth to drive and is fun"

Cons: "I don't have any!"

"It rides like a comfortable car, hauls like a truck, still looks like it's almost new and runs and runs with very few problems. I bought it new in 1999 and put all but 33 of the 178,000 miles on it and have never been disappointed with it's performance. It takes hills like they are nothing, excelerates like a large V8 and has the fuel economy of it's small V6 3.0 flex fuel engine. If you have one take good care of it, if you don't and are looking for a great used truck, this is the one to get!"

Love it!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"I bought this truck used in 2004 with about 44K miles on it. It now has 271,000 (you read right!) on it. Since I have owned it, I have replaced the transmission due to loosing reverse and the usual 2-3 flair, that was around 120K. Other than usual maintenacne items, the only major repairs were new cooling system (radiator, pump, hoses, etc) at 160K, and afinally a new ignition coil at 170K miles. Other than the transmission issue, this has been a daily driver and very reliable. I was a firefigher and drove this truck hard and fast for about 6 years, operating it like a police car. 4x4 works very well and is great when driving to the fire station at 2AM in 18" of snow! 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4DR 4.0L V6 5R55E Automatic 4x4 Off-Road package"

Third ranger in a row

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pros: "Good MPG for a truck"

Cons: "Fuel gagues never work past 75k"

"Ive been driving them for 9 years now. Rangers will last upwards of 200k miles with the proper care and occasional replacement of small components. Good on gas and rides well."

What a Truck!

By on Thursday, August 5, 2010

"I bought my 2000 Ford Ranger ten years ago, never regretted it. This truck has been a blessing to me all these years. Only had to do the usual maintenance and replaced a flywheel, but other than that, no problems. I've been able to run 215k miles, which is high, but I keep my oil changed regularly. I call it "MY BABY," and thank God for it every day!"

Ten Years This July (2010)

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"In ten years I've changed the battery once. Cleaned out the airflow hoses before/after the bottom of the radiator when the 'check engine light' goes on every few years (it gets clogged with soot). Clean it with a toothpick. Also snapped the bolt on the front torsion bar. Spent $38 for a kit: two new bolts/spacers/washers to redo both sides of the bar. Had a slightly strange feeling going around corners. Probably could have ignored it-but for $38 I did the fix (two bolts-8 minutes). Only major upgrade: put 31" Pirelli Skorpion tires on the original 15" wheels (w/out any lift kits it seemed the biggests I could go). These tires made the 2wd truck perform better with an empty bed in the snow as the original Wranglers did with 280lbs of weights in the back. I had to have the dealer reset the speedo-chip because with such an increase over the original (tiny, horrible) tires it threw off the speedo and the automatic shifted in the wrong places. $79 for dealer-got the tires free from a relative. Now I can do Michigan winters with a 2WD. Oh, and one turn signal started blinking really fast-which means a bulb was burned out...so I've added less than $10 of bulbs over the years. Nice and cheap standard bulbs for everything-none of that expensive LED stuff. I use synthetic oil in it. I put a brass push-and-turn spigot where the oil-changing bolt went. Now I just push-and-turn to release the oil: no wrench needed (though you do need to wear a glove or risk getting scalded/oily when openning the tap). That's it. Nice reliable truck. If I had to do it over again I would have gotten it with larger, more aggressive tires (but probably still not the 4WD which at the time added around $4k to the $15k car A-plan price). I hope in the year 2020 they still make Rangers-I think I'm only half done with this one.."

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"I bought my 2000 Ranger Sport brand new. 108,000 miles later its still running strong. I've changed the shocks and tires, a battery, alternator and an oil change every 3k...nothing else. It runs like a champ and has hauled many a serious load. I still have the stock brakes and clutch that came on the truck. I'd buy another Ranger in a heartbeat but mine has proven so dependable it will be a long time before it needs to be retired..."

AWESOME PICKUP!

By on Monday, January 26, 2009

"I love my Ranger. It has the 4.0 V6 with about 112,000 miles on it. It has tremendous power and the 4x4 is great. I would never need to buy a full-size pickup. I like it alot better than the Chevy S-10. This is my second Ranger. I sold my other 2wd one to get a 4x4. If you are debating to buy a Ranger, DO IT!"

good vehicle for the price

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"I have had a few ford rangers, they seem to do pretty well I currently have a 2000 w/ 3.0 flex engine I have towed a 1952 14' trailer halfway across the US with no problem it was a little underpowered but did well"

good

By on Monday, March 3, 2008

"my friend and i were on our way home two days ago and i let her drive because i was tired. she hadn't had much experience with rear-wheel-drive or on ice, and she hit ice going 60mph, and we rolled 4 times, walked out of it with a couple bruises and scratches. its totaled, but i think it may have saved our lives."

1999 Ranger XLT Reg Cab

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I purchased this truck new November 28, 1998. It's a 3.0L 2wd 5-speed manual that currently has 102,500 miles on it and I use it as a second vehicle. I've always changed the oil every 4,000 miles and use Mobil-1 5W-30 Synthetic Oil w/ a Motorcraft filter. To date, I've had two Oxygen Sensors replaced, a bad ABS Axle sensor replaced and one bad plug wire. Once they figured out what the skip in the engine was, I ordered a complete set of Motorcraft wires online and replaced them all myself. I had to have the Alternator rebuild last summer ($150) and that was the first problem I'd had in several years. I've had all the major checkups done at the local Ford dealership including the 100,000 checkup that included the first engine tune-up. I consistently get 19-20 MPG around town and 24-25 MPG highway. I can give it a good clean up and it looks brand new, no rust, rattles, or squeaks. It's as tight as the day I drove it off the lot new. This has been a great little truck and I never planned on keeping it this long,, but what can I say? It's like an old friend now that I just don't care to part with. Insurance is cheep, State taxes are nothing and it just keeps running like it's new. Guess it just doesn't know any better! Like my father always use to say, “someone at the factory built this one for themselves”. Guess I'll keep it a few more years."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals