1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

8.3

Based on 656 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Comfort and Reliability = the Ford Ranger

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Great price, reliable, comfortable, genuine"

Cons: "Not identifiable by external design, basic feature"

"The Ford Ranger is designed for convenience and reliability. Both luxury and performance are not major players in the composition of this vehicle. Yet, what it lacks in ostentatiousness it makes up for in its robust operation."

Darn Good Truck Put some weight in bed when snows

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Great Truck Dependable - Conservative - Nice ride"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"Great Mid-Size Truck - Dependable - Conservative w/ fuel, parts, maintenance. Nice ride - Safe -"

Not The best ride, but dependable.

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

I own this car

Pros: "reliable,safe"

Cons: "ride rough, miscellaneous defects"

"I bought my Ranger XLT flared fender style used with about 45.000 miles on it 9 years ago. The positives have been that Ive had it this long without breaking the bank of any major auto repairs. I feel more safe in it body wise than I do with my Toyota pick up I used to have. On the negative side, early on, I had a hose leak from the gas tank to the gas intake opening that ended up costing me 320.00 dollars just for the hose alone. Add dropping the tank to get at it etc and it cost me 800 bucks. I wondered for a truck and body style that is still in production, why this part was hard to find and so expensive? Some of the electronics have bugs in them too,like the cab ceiling light, I have to turn it off because it stays on long after you have shut the door. The speedometer goes out after 15 minutes of driving now and I cant imagine how much that is going to cost to have the sensor replaced. I use the RPM gauge as my speedometer now. Even after new tires and shocks I felt the ride is not very smooth compared to a Chevy S 10. But I feel the engine is more reliable than a Chevy product. Most of my friends own Fords or Toyotas."

Great Truck!!!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

"This truck has a very smooth ride. Very dependable. The 3.0L V6 engine has just the right mix of MPG vs Power. And if it ever does break down the parts are very inexpensive. The only downfall is the oil pan has the frame crossmember right under it so to change the oil pan gasket you have to lift the engine."

great value, good vehicle

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "nice camping vehicle, served me well"

Cons: "no fancy stuff"

"I bought my 5 speed, 4cyl./2.3.l, short bed 1995 Ranger XL from a used car dealer for $1000 about 3-4 years ago. It now reads at over 270,000 miles, though the odometer has almost entirely stopped working. It has been relatively easy to work on and parts have been easy to come by. Apparently, these trucks have bad FUEL FILLER NECKS almost across the board, which, if you can replace it yourself, is not costly. This vehicle has gotten me across the country (3,000 miles at a time) four times now and has been great to jet around town in. It drives great light or carrying a load."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals