1995 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

8.4

Based on 654 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Best overall unit I have ever owned

By on Thursday, February 7, 2008

"Bought used about 6 years ago with 60K miles on it It now has over 214,000 miles on it. 4.0 V6 very strong but I have to really massage it to get over 20mpg. I change oil and filter every 5000 miles and usually do not have to add between oil changes. AT has slipped between the 2nd & 3rd gear shift ever since I've had the truck. I've tried a little tighter band adjustments in addition to additives after each 30k mile oil change to no avail. Once the shift has been made it holds so I've just learned to live with it. Mechanically very tough & reliable and the body shows very little rust even with all the salt the city, county and state use. Finally had to replace ball joints just recently. Had problems with power lock switches, door lock sensors, and htr/AC fan switch. I feel this was a supplier problem for Ford. The blend air door broke on the htr/AC and would have cost over $400 dollars to replace it because I would have had to buy the complete airbox form Ford , Instead I installed a mechanical water valve in the heater water hose ($10) Carrier bearing going out for 3rd time but don't know why. Hardly ever drive thru water except in town but only 4-6 inches deep. Except for the electrical problems mentioned earlier, these units are by far one of the toughest vehicles I've ever seen and I feel an outstanding value; and I consider myself a GM lover."

good gas mileage, 266,000 miles the best vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Cons: "disc player didn't operate for long"

"1st vehicle bought from a dealership. 266,000 miles on it and still ticking. Standard transmission and for 20 yrs only general maintenance. Wish I could get another this good. Plan to help it survive so my 1st grandchild can drive the vehicle their parents learned to drive on."

Most reliable truck I have ever owned.

By on Friday, August 19, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy to see out."

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"I love this truck. I got it new in 1996 and have now owned it for 20 years. It has never left me stranded anywhere. I have put approximately $2000.00 in repairs over the 20 year period. I don't think that is too bad. The tailgate and bumper on the back are starting to rust but that is about all. I plan on finding a new bumper and tailgate and driving this truck for another 20 years."

Good realible vehicle

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "small reliable nice looking"

Cons: "Small cab and short bed"

"I have owned this truck for 2 years. It was a gift from my dad for my first car. I didn't get my license til I was 18 and learning stick with this thing was fun!!I've never had any major problems with it. Only main maintenance like new brakes oil filter fuel filter tires etc. Only down side was my driver side arm brace broke and it leaned for a while and it was hard finding a cheap replacement at a junk yard but other then that its been really good to me!!I would recommend this truck to anyone wanting a decent reliable vehicle. Its not much for picking up speed since its a 4 cyl. but it does do good on gas. 22 in town bout 27-30 on highway depending how fast you go."

One of the better vehicles i've owned

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "very good american-made truck. (FORD) ;-)"

Cons: "a little play in the steering"

"I've had this truck a little over 6 years now, and i love it. I have had very few minor issues, all under 50 dollars, but overall it's been a very good truck. I own the 1994 Extended cab stepside splash model, and i have people asking me about it all the time. This vehicle would be perfect for a first vehicle, or a daily driver. Mine usually goes about 120-150 miles a day, and it gets great gas millage."

Love my Ranger

By on Friday, September 2, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, comfortable truck"

Cons: "windows not factory tinted"

"This is my 3rd Ranger. First Ranger '86 long wheel base 4cyl automatic, good truck but needed to trade for a van. Second Ranger '89 6 cyl 5 speed 4whl drive king cab- still own- won't sell. Third Ranger '95 king cab 2whl drive 4cyl 5speed- grew up with the woman who bought it new, she sold it to my nephew. Both easy drivers. I gave $2000 truck had 112,000 original miles. Love my Ranger. Not for sale"

Nice Truck

By on Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Ford Ranger xlt, supercab, 2wd, 3.0, 5 speed The cab is very comfortable for a compact truck. The seats are very nice and if you don't like them there are a wide variety of seats from luxury vehicles that will easily swap right in. The rear, with it's fold out seats, allows for nice storage room or 2 additional seats. With the two rear seats and the split bench in the front the supercab is advertised to seat 5. This is possible, as I do it all the time, but it is not comfortable at all. On the other hand, with only one passenger, it is the most comfortable compact truck I have ever been in. Overall the supercab is great. The 3.0 is a very reliable engine. Mine is on 111,000 miles and running strong with no previous problems. It is not uncommon to find these engines running with more than 300,000 miles. The 3.0, although bullet proof, is an absolute dog. It has a very narrow power band, and very poor low end torque. With the 3.0's lack of power, it is still able to light up the rear tires in any condition with the exception of dry pavement, which says a lot about the Rangers traction. With that lack of traction and an absence of front ABS, driving in any kind of weather gets a little scary. Another effect of having a power plant under the hood that produces no power is the need for low gearing. The Dana 35 with 3.73 gearing makes for nice city MPG, but it also makes the little 3.0 scream on the highway. At 45 mph in fifth gear the engine is running at 2000 rpm, and the engine makes a loud droning noise above 3000 rpm, which you will need to be at if you are on the highway. But there is a light at the end of this tunnel and that light takes the form of decent gas millage. I get on average in the low 20's mpg, but my record is 28 mpg. Basically this truck is only good at getting you where you want to go. It won't turn heads and you won't have any sort of fun, but it will get you there. I would take the 97 Ranger any day over the Dakota or S10 of the same year. The comfort, gas milage, and dependable engine makes this truck a very good choice."

Ghost in the Machine

By on Saturday, May 24, 2008

"I have had a 97 Ranger extra cab for 8 years now. It's got 117,000 miles on it and has been mostly reliable. I must have one of those cars you hear about and hope to never own. I call it Ghost in the Machine. I have had many issues with the AC leaking, and the kicker is the electrical system. The wipers will come on by themselves when I driving, the cab light comes on the same way and has been doing it for the last 6 yrs, best of all when you have on the AC and the blinker on and turn left at a light with some acceration it will blow a 30amp fuse. It's happen to me 3 times in the last year and a half. It kills the truck so I carry 2 spair 30 amp fuses so I don't get stranded again. I have had it looked at and they can't find the problem. I just replaced the clutch and am going to get rid of it now. I would not take the chance of buying it again just from the experance that I have had."

Can't beat the service

By on Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pros: "hauls like a 150"

"This ranger is only 1991, was an R title. It hauls logs, hauled all remodeling supplies for 5 yrs. Maintenance has been minimal as far as out of the ordinary upkeep goes."

Gas Saver

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, fun to drive"

Cons: "Rear shackles"

"I own the 97 ranger 2.3L and love this little truck. It gets great gas milage for an extended cab pick up, and has never let me down."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals