1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

8.3

Based on 656 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Best overall unit I have ever owned

By on Thursday, February 7, 2008

"Bought used about 6 years ago with 60K miles on it It now has over 214,000 miles on it. 4.0 V6 very strong but I have to really massage it to get over 20mpg. I change oil and filter every 5000 miles and usually do not have to add between oil changes. AT has slipped between the 2nd & 3rd gear shift ever since I've had the truck. I've tried a little tighter band adjustments in addition to additives after each 30k mile oil change to no avail. Once the shift has been made it holds so I've just learned to live with it. Mechanically very tough & reliable and the body shows very little rust even with all the salt the city, county and state use. Finally had to replace ball joints just recently. Had problems with power lock switches, door lock sensors, and htr/AC fan switch. I feel this was a supplier problem for Ford. The blend air door broke on the htr/AC and would have cost over $400 dollars to replace it because I would have had to buy the complete airbox form Ford , Instead I installed a mechanical water valve in the heater water hose ($10) Carrier bearing going out for 3rd time but don't know why. Hardly ever drive thru water except in town but only 4-6 inches deep. Except for the electrical problems mentioned earlier, these units are by far one of the toughest vehicles I've ever seen and I feel an outstanding value; and I consider myself a GM lover."

Most reliable truck I have ever owned.

By on Friday, August 19, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy to see out."

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"I love this truck. I got it new in 1996 and have now owned it for 20 years. It has never left me stranded anywhere. I have put approximately $2000.00 in repairs over the 20 year period. I don't think that is too bad. The tailgate and bumper on the back are starting to rust but that is about all. I plan on finding a new bumper and tailgate and driving this truck for another 20 years."

good gas mileage, 266,000 miles the best vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Cons: "disc player didn't operate for long"

"1st vehicle bought from a dealership. 266,000 miles on it and still ticking. Standard transmission and for 20 yrs only general maintenance. Wish I could get another this good. Plan to help it survive so my 1st grandchild can drive the vehicle their parents learned to drive on."

Good realible vehicle

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "small reliable nice looking"

Cons: "Small cab and short bed"

"I have owned this truck for 2 years. It was a gift from my dad for my first car. I didn't get my license til I was 18 and learning stick with this thing was fun!!I've never had any major problems with it. Only main maintenance like new brakes oil filter fuel filter tires etc. Only down side was my driver side arm brace broke and it leaned for a while and it was hard finding a cheap replacement at a junk yard but other then that its been really good to me!!I would recommend this truck to anyone wanting a decent reliable vehicle. Its not much for picking up speed since its a 4 cyl. but it does do good on gas. 22 in town bout 27-30 on highway depending how fast you go."

One of the better vehicles i've owned

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "very good american-made truck. (FORD) ;-)"

Cons: "a little play in the steering"

"I've had this truck a little over 6 years now, and i love it. I have had very few minor issues, all under 50 dollars, but overall it's been a very good truck. I own the 1994 Extended cab stepside splash model, and i have people asking me about it all the time. This vehicle would be perfect for a first vehicle, or a daily driver. Mine usually goes about 120-150 miles a day, and it gets great gas millage."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals