2016 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $46,762 - $48,857.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 03/30/2017

10/9.5

Based on 56 Ratings for the 2015 - 2017 models.

Best of all worlds!

By on Thursday, January 5, 2017

Pros: "Value, fint n finish, comfort, resposiveness"

"The new Mustang is such a great value. Solid, comfortable, and handles like a much more expensive car. I get 32 mpg on the hi-way and love the standard V6 proven workhorse engine!The seats are supportive and a long drive is a pleasure. Even the trunk in this sporty car is generous."

An absolute pleasure to own and drive

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Pros: "Best sport vehicle available."

Cons: "Wipes out any compotition"

"This is my 6th Mustang. That itself tells my story. I am particularly impressed with the Eco-Boost engine."

As much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "Performance and handling."

Cons: "If you need a back seat for people you're screwed."

"My basis for comparison: In 2006 I bought a '06 Porsche Boxster. Great car, fun to drive, expensive to service. In 2012 I bought a new Audi S4. Again great car, too civilized for my taste, didn't care for the "automated manual" transmission, heavy in the corners. In 2016 I bought this GT Premium. It is powerful, a blast to drive - especially since I only have the performance options -, and it's inexpensive to keep. I won't bad mouth the other cars but I will say I like the mustang better than the Audi S4 just based on performance and handling alone."

It's been a brilliant car.

By on Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pros: "All round brilliant car"

Cons: "Could do with the RS Focus power, same engine!"

"I have owned the 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with performance pack for nearly 1.5 years. Never had any issues with it. The interior is very well put together. It's not a sports car but a very capable Grand Tourer as it's too heavy to be truly nimble. It handles brilliantly on roads like the Skyline Blvd 35. Put it in Trac mode and it's very quick, especially using the paddles. The dual clutch box is a dream, virtually instantaneous gear shifts. I have averaged 26 mpg city/long commutes/aggressive driving. If you spec the 265/20 tyres then expect expensive replacements $1200 for all corners. I have done 17500 on the originals but they have a lot of tyre left so I probably won't need to replace them until 25k miles. My only complaints are: The lighting that you can change in the car is great but you can't change the center display. So it kind of defeats the purpose when you select a nice colour for the interior and dials and yet the center info screen is bright white. It's not easy to turn off the main GPS/stereo unit when driving. You have to tap a few options before you can kill the screen display. When driving at night I like a black screen so it doesn't distract me. I have Sync 2 so perhaps they have a physical button for that now. Personally the Sync I have is great. Sure it's way from perfect but I don't know a system that is - I've had Merc, BMW, Honda etc. Never had issues with it and just except it does all the things I want but not brilliantly. Sync 3 is much improved. I wish though that they would just use Google/waze. Why bother making their own inferior versions! I really think they should release the power upgrade that the Focus RS has, same engine, so why can't I have the same horsepower and torque Mr Henry?! They could have made the dials for the turbo, oil temp etc be on the top of the dash. You can only choose them to be displayed digitally and individually in the center dash. Shame. I like seeing them on the non premium as physical analog dials. They pipe in the sound of a pretend engine when you drive at full chat. Again, BMW and others do this, the engine is very quiet. I wish they didn't bother. It's an inline 4 with a good exhaust system. However if you like more stupid noise then you will need to change the back box. Or get a proper V8. The boot is huge and very usable. The back seats are only good for tiny people. But you can squeeze a full size adult in. They need to be pliable or very drunk with a sense of humour. I din't need back seats as it's only a max of 2 people at anytime. We have a separate Ford Explorer Sport for sociable trips/towing. I love the Explorer too. Conclusion. The 2015 Mustang is a great car, and I've seen several 2016 ecoboost dual clutch auto's for $22k on dealer lots which is an insanely cheap brilliant coupe. People who insist on buying German or Japanese are missing a lot by ignoring Ford US. They make great cars with superb engines. Economical and powerful. Ford UK has used turbos for a very long time and they're great proven tech. Personally I can't see what the fuss is over German/Japanese. German is expensive and in my experience of owning several BMW's, they just cost huge amounts to buy and maintain. Japanese on the whole make good, underpowered and boring cars unless you get the GTR, WRX/STI or 350/370Z, maybe the Genesis Coupe. But we all buy what we want/need."

This is the best Mustang GT

By on Friday, August 14, 2015

Pros: "Sexy looks, handles well, good bang for the buck"

Cons: "Less than stellar tires, cramped back seat"

"Grab a sandwich and a drink, this is a long review. I had a 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR. For those who don't know what that is, it's a rocket on wheels all-wheel-drive rally car. My brother got a Mustang GT, let me test drive it, and I traded in the Evo the next day. I had driven a couple of 1967 coupes with 289s, and they were nice cars for their time; lively and fun to drive - in a relatively straight line. I've driven several other Mustangs from other generations, and as the solid rear axle aged, I grew increasingly more disenchanted with the handling. I tested a 2011 GT, and was underwhelmed. Build quality, handling, and fit & finish were, to be blunt, abysmal. The car felt like a cheap tin can on wheels with poorly aligned body panels, nothing lined up in the cabin, and it felt really floaty on the road; the rear end wanted to hop around turns. In a straight line, the car had plenty of pull, but you had to really be careful in turns. The 2015 Mustang GT is light years beyond the previous generation. Build quality, handling, and fit & finish are, at least on mine and my brother's vehicles, impeccable. The interior is comfortable, doesn't feel "cheap," and has just the right touches in just the right places to make it feel more upscale than it actually is. It harkens back to the 60s without feeling like it came from the 60s. There is a LONG list of standard features that used to be expensive package options, so Ford got that one right, too. Power delivery in the GT is smooth; the S550 Coyote engine really likes to wind up. I gave the car a 9 in driving dynamics for two reasons ... the tires and the shifting. The Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season tires really should not have found their way onto the GT. They have a tendency to lose their grip under even mildly spirited driving on San Antonio roads. A pure summer tire would have been better. Once these wear out, I'll be going with Michelin tires. As for the transmission, under spirited shifting, it feels "notchy," not as smooth as other 6 speed manuals I've driven. That could be a matter of just breaking it in a bit more. For daily (read: "normal") driving, the transmission shifts very smoothly. Clutch take-up is predictable and smooth, and isn't a problem in traffic. For a daily driver, this car does a great job. The suspension is supple enough to soak up most of the bumps, but stiff enough to make taking some sweeping turns fun. I would prefer a slightly stiffer setup, which you can get with the Performance Package, but you'll pay for that. Brakes can be touchy until you get used to them. Try not to leave your teeth in the steering wheel; this IS a modern sports car, not grandpa's old Plymouth Fury II, and the brakes reflect that. I have a relatively "heavy" foot, and I'm averaging about 17 MPG on my short drive to work of mixed highway/surface streets, about 50/50 each. It does just fine on 87 octane fuel. Back seat ... well ... it's there. Two people without legs, or two dogs, or baby seats, will fit. Anyone over the age of 3 ... not a good idea, unless they're sitting behind someone who is under 5 feet tall. Trunk room, on the other hand, is copious, relatively speaking. Styling ... some folks love it (like me), some folks hate it (haven't met any, but I'm sure they exist), and there are probably those who just don't care either way. Personally, I think it is the sexiest looking Mustang produced. Ever. Even better that my (former) favorite 1969/1970. Overall, I'd give this car a 9.8 out of 10 (see comments above about tires and transmission). This is the "everyman's sports car" ... GREAT bang for the buck!"