10/9.5

9.3

Based on 62 Ratings for the 2015 - 2017 models.

Almost a number 1!

By on Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Pros: "Good looking, really fun and its a MUSTANG!"

Cons: "Instruments! Tach and speedo disappear in the sun."

"I really like the changes made to the 2015. I was a little concerned about the the 4-cylinder EcoBoost but it turned out very positive. If you can get over not hearing a V-8 and your ego is in check, the EcoBoost 2.3 is excellent. It does have its own distinctive sound which I liked from the very beginning. Mines a 6-speed auto due to previous injuries. In Sport Mode, both the steering and the engine are really responsive! The Paddle Shifters work like a Formula 1 car, sort of. Bad news is I HATE the dash, specifically the instruments. I cant read them when I get sun glare. Maybe its just me but thats it. Good car! Fun car!"

It's been a brilliant car.

By on Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pros: "All round brilliant car"

Cons: "Could do with the RS Focus power, same engine!"

"I have owned the 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with performance pack for nearly 1.5 years. Never had any issues with it. The interior is very well put together. It's not a sports car but a very capable Grand Tourer as it's too heavy to be truly nimble. It handles brilliantly on roads like the Skyline Blvd 35. Put it in Trac mode and it's very quick, especially using the paddles. The dual clutch box is a dream, virtually instantaneous gear shifts. I have averaged 26 mpg city/long commutes/aggressive driving. If you spec the 265/20 tyres then expect expensive replacements $1200 for all corners. I have done 17500 on the originals but they have a lot of tyre left so I probably won't need to replace them until 25k miles. My only complaints are: The lighting that you can change in the car is great but you can't change the center display. So it kind of defeats the purpose when you select a nice colour for the interior and dials and yet the center info screen is bright white. It's not easy to turn off the main GPS/stereo unit when driving. You have to tap a few options before you can kill the screen display. When driving at night I like a black screen so it doesn't distract me. I have Sync 2 so perhaps they have a physical button for that now. Personally the Sync I have is great. Sure it's way from perfect but I don't know a system that is - I've had Merc, BMW, Honda etc. Never had issues with it and just except it does all the things I want but not brilliantly. Sync 3 is much improved. I wish though that they would just use Google/waze. Why bother making their own inferior versions! I really think they should release the power upgrade that the Focus RS has, same engine, so why can't I have the same horsepower and torque Mr Henry?! They could have made the dials for the turbo, oil temp etc be on the top of the dash. You can only choose them to be displayed digitally and individually in the center dash. Shame. I like seeing them on the non premium as physical analog dials. They pipe in the sound of a pretend engine when you drive at full chat. Again, BMW and others do this, the engine is very quiet. I wish they didn't bother. It's an inline 4 with a good exhaust system. However if you like more stupid noise then you will need to change the back box. Or get a proper V8. The boot is huge and very usable. The back seats are only good for tiny people. But you can squeeze a full size adult in. They need to be pliable or very drunk with a sense of humour. I din't need back seats as it's only a max of 2 people at anytime. We have a separate Ford Explorer Sport for sociable trips/towing. I love the Explorer too. Conclusion. The 2015 Mustang is a great car, and I've seen several 2016 ecoboost dual clutch auto's for $22k on dealer lots which is an insanely cheap brilliant coupe. People who insist on buying German or Japanese are missing a lot by ignoring Ford US. They make great cars with superb engines. Economical and powerful. Ford UK has used turbos for a very long time and they're great proven tech. Personally I can't see what the fuss is over German/Japanese. German is expensive and in my experience of owning several BMW's, they just cost huge amounts to buy and maintain. Japanese on the whole make good, underpowered and boring cars unless you get the GTR, WRX/STI or 350/370Z, maybe the Genesis Coupe. But we all buy what we want/need."

As much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "Performance and handling."

Cons: "If you need a back seat for people you're screwed."

"My basis for comparison: In 2006 I bought a '06 Porsche Boxster. Great car, fun to drive, expensive to service. In 2012 I bought a new Audi S4. Again great car, too civilized for my taste, didn't care for the "automated manual" transmission, heavy in the corners. In 2016 I bought this GT Premium. It is powerful, a blast to drive - especially since I only have the performance options -, and it's inexpensive to keep. I won't bad mouth the other cars but I will say I like the mustang better than the Audi S4 just based on performance and handling alone."

Best American Muscle Car!!

By on Thursday, August 20, 2015

Pros: "Looks sporty, sounds great and handles well."

Cons: "Back seat, but I'll never sit there LOL!"

"I hired this car in Los Angeles last month and was so impressed that I came home to France and ordered it. It sounds great, goes like a rocket, handles well and stops abruptly when asked. The inside has everything one needs in terms of information, it's comfortable and well designed. I hired and ordered the V8, automatique convertable with lots of options. In France I'm paying $70,000(€62,760) US(with a 5 year garantee). That's not the cars fault though, just all the French taxes etc etc. Value for money, this is the best sports car in world."

Best Mustang I have ever owned

By on Friday, May 29, 2015

Pros: "driving dynamics, style and fun"

Cons: "Have not found any"

"I have owned multiple Mustangs since I was 16 years old. My first one was a 68 that I had in high school. When I first saw a picture of the 2015 I wasn't sold on the styling but like most new things it grew on me. In April I purchased a Ruby Red Metallic v6 with auto. To say that I love driving this car is an understatement. The new style is simply stunning. I can't drive it anywhere without getting lots of looks and comments. The interior is a huge upgrade from previous models. The biggest difference is behind the wheel. The new suspension is simply world class. I look forward to jumping into this car every morning to drive to work. I highly recommend the new Mustang and would say to anyone wondering if the v6 is a great car that it is and where will you get this kind of style and 300hp for 25K."