2006 Ford Mustang

Based on 1724 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Great value on engine alone

By on Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pros: "Fast, great handling, reliable, good value"

Cons: "Rear seat for 5'6" and under only"

"I recently purchased the base model coupe with 21000 miles on it. It's the first Mustang I ever even considered purchasing due to the 3.7 liter V6 Ford with the 6 speed automatic transmission Ford dropped into it in 2011. With only 10 fewer horsepower than the previous years GT, it's an engineering marvel. It's really quick off the line and it keeps accelerating with absolutely no drop off until it's electronically limited 113 MPH. This Mustang isn't just fast though, the handling is superb and it feels very planted to the road. It lacks some of the features you would expect of a car that sold for $23,000 when it was new. However, the seats are more comfortable than some plush sedans I've driven, and the interior feels very well put together. Driving at sea level, I get better than 30 MPG on the highway, and with a light foot I get better than 20 in the city. I love this car, and I don't care if there are a million of them on the road because this car just feels special and is an unmatched value. If you have a chance to snatch a gently used 2011 or newer up then do it."

Love the options on steering and handling.

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Love it"

Cons: "No issues"

"Black with ghost writing on side . Interior can set ambient color to your choice if color. Handles very well and drives nice. It's my understanding they did not make many of this particular model California special."

A beaut. of a car, sexy and the last of its kind

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "POWER,SEXY CURB APPEAL,AND VINTAGE LOOKS, REAL FUN"

Cons: "VERY HUNGRY EATS GAS REAL WELL"

"THIS CAR IS THE LAST REAL CLASSIC MUSTANG IN MY OPINION.THE 45TH ANN. EDITION,LOOKS LIKE IT IS RARIN TO GO! POWER TO SPARE, AND THE PURR OF A FINELY TUNED MONSTER. LEATHER INTERIOR AND GLASS-ROOF GIVES IT SOME CLASS, ALL ORIGINAL BUT A NAVIGATION AND PREMIUM AUDIO AND PHONE SYSTEM ADD A PERSONAL AND COVIENANT TOUCH.I WOULD SAY IT IS A MUSCLE CAR AND BUILT ON THAT PLATFORM IS NOT A REFINED HANDLE BUT IT IS BUILT FOR SPEED.A FRIENDS OPINION ON FIRST DRIVING THIS CAR WAS JUST "OH MY GOD"!REAL FUN IN A NEAT PACKAGE."

2014 Mustang GT

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Fast, practical, commfortable, and dead sexy!"

Cons: "MPG"

"I recently purchased a new 2014 GT base. This car is so easy to drive, very comfortable to drive for long distance. The seats are comfy and wide "fits my love handles perfectly". Trunk has generous room with split folding rear seats "a very practical car". Beutiful lines and curves, ive never had so much attention in a car. Be prepared, people will come up and compliment you alot with this Mustang. My favorite feater of this Mustang is the sequential turn signals in the rear! If i had one complaint it would be the MPG, this Mustang GT loves gas like a drunk sailor! I do have a lead foot though, and i guess i cant complain becouse it is a Muscle car but 12.5 MPG is a little pricey!"

Best mustang yet and I've owned a '66, '79, '82

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

"Pros: Great handling- (except wet roads), Very nice acceleration,very "torquey engine" very reasonable Fuel Economy Low 20's around town and 25 Hwy @ 75mph or close to 30 mpg @ 55mph and soft on the pedal. Nice exhaust tune, beautiful styling, comfortable front seats, huge trunk capacity with rear seats folded. Shaker stereo/disc very good. Very basic, simple, no frills right price pony muscle. I'm fine with 315HP vs the new Shelby at 660HP ($60K). I ony paid $24K new in 2006. Cons: Jumps with bumpy roads. Noisey on the highway. Backseats are for small passengers. Wish Ford had produced with a 6 speed manual for better economy at highway speeds and it would also be nice if Mustang had a sunroof option. Dangerous on snow."