2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,055 - $21,762.

10/7.9

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Fusion SE 2.0 Ecoboost

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Ride, handling, very quiet cabin."

Cons: "Sirius Radio; small trunk opening."

2013 Ford Fusion SE at Christ Church, Kilmarnock, Virginia

"BEST FEATURES: The 2.0T Ecoboost is superb; the same motor as in the 2013 Jaguar XF and Volvo XC-60. I am getting 24 mpg in mixed driving. The Fusion is the quietest, smoothest-riding sedan I have ever owned (including a Volvo S-80, Volvo 960 and Honda Accord). The leather seats in SE trim are a little different design than in the Titanium; so check them both out. I bought my Fusion SE with the 2.0-liter turbo and Equipment Group 205A (Luxury Package). That combination includes most of the Titanium features as a lower cost. WORST FEATURE: The sound quality of the Ford Sirius radio is a surprising disappointment. The six-speaker audio system is excellent on CD / USB modes, and very good on FM. But the Fusion satellite radio sounds tinny and flat. I have listened to XM for many years on an after-market Commodore satellite radio in my Volvo, so I know what Sirius-XM should sound like. If the dealer can’t fix this, I will not renew free 6-month Sirius subscription. Satellite radio aside, I am happy with my purchase. The Fusion is a refined, very satisfying car to drive. I suggest that any buyer test one and see for yourself."

2013 Ford Fusion SE at Christ Church, Kilmarnock, Virginia

Excellent overall, would change a few design items

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, lots of storage"

Cons: "terrible console design, bad sight lines"

"Rented this car for a 2 week 7000 mile roadtrip. Loved driving it. Long straight roads, dirt roads,city, major mountain crossings, and the beautiful but terrifying highwway 1. No matter where we were it was fun to drive. Had the hybrid model and averaged 38 mpg. Had it at 42 in the east. Trunk was a little tight, but it was good for the 4 us. As for design I loved the no cap gas tank, the door storage was excellent and the glove box shelf let's you keep things organized. There was even space under the seats to shove things, front and back. There was also space in the rear window to set things without blocking your view. Loved the adjustable headrest for the driver, it gave support without you realizing it. The main design item we hated was the center console. The flat part with storage was to far back and was awkward to get into, even for the passenger. Unfortunately this was also where the ports were located, so we were in it a lot. The cup holders are right where you put your arm, so if something was in it you would keep hitting it. There was no where to put change, and the hole behind the gear shift was useless. It also made the driver a bit to enclosed, there was a lot more space on the passenger side. The other thing that was difficult was the high windows. You couldn't rest your arm on them and the way the window supports came down from the windshield really limits your sight lines. Overall I loved the storage, comfort and drive ability of this car."

great car but some odities

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "great looks and drivetrain nice seats good audio"

Cons: "small letters/numbers on the informaton displays"

"I traded in a 09 town and country limited for this car. (We still have a 2011 for the Greyhounds). Nothing wrong with the T&C but I really like the Fusion. I got the deep red ( extra cost) with tan interior. The sync is easy to get used to and I like the use of the thumb drive for media storage. I got the SE upgrade which makes it look like a titanium without the cost but came with the two liter eco-boost. However, there are a few little oddities. For instance I have the pull the button to set the hand break. You would think pushing down would set it like you do with your foot pedal but it is just the opposite: pull up to set, push down to release. The menus on all the items (heat, radio, etc. are very small to read, especially considering the size of the screen. I set mine before I leave the garage so I do not have to play with them on the road. The left side has the clusters for MPG, DTE, tire pressure, etc. Very small numbers and letters. The tach, temp and fuel are much easier to read. Again, I review or reset my items before I leave. These are all minor but there is one glaring error with the Bliss system. In my Chrysler there was a tone that went along with the blind spot detector to let you know there was something in the blind spot. Not so with the ford. It just blinks. I have gotten use to it by double checking my side view mirrors, but the tone would be nice. The ride is great, the build quality is very good, the power is great (2.0 Liter), the transmission is smooth. The sweet spot for going to 6th gear is 45 MPH. I have to remember to dip my head when getting in. The door opening is not as big as a van. If I had to do it again I would have opted for the titanium but that is that. What I have is very nice and I enjoy it. Get the weather tech floor mats and trunk liner. You will be happy in the long run."

OUTSTANDING CAR!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "Outstanding car"

Cons: "None so far"

"Test drove Altima, Camry and Fusion Fusion is head and shoulders above. Camry is nice, but dated. Altima is a piece of junk and not in the same category. Test drove, signed on the dotted line and totally happy. One of the best cars I've ever owned!"

GREAT CAR!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

"I have owned the new 2013 Fusion since it was realeased back in September 2012. I do a lot of highway driving and seem to get about 32-35 mpg on the highway. My overall average mpg is about 26, but that because I cant help but rip into the floor boards with my pedal every once in a while. I have the 1.6 Turbocharged Inline 4 in my fusion, its more than enough power to get you off that line in front of a lot of other people. If you want a flashy, sexy, comfortable, stylish, clean, quick car at a good price.... Buy a 2013 Ford Fusion... I'm certainly not looking back."