2013 Ford Fusion

Based on 239 Ratings for the 2013 - 2018 models.

Best Hybrid on the Market

By on Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pros: "It will get 47/47 miles per gallon"

"My Fusion is a Hybrid SE model and only lacks two options that are available for the SE. My Mileage at4775.7 using 98.63 gallons of gas was 48.42. This was combined freeway and city driving, mostly 20.2 miles back and forth to work and church. The car is wonderful to drive and very comfortable. I have owned several luxury cars and this is the best car I have ever owned (owned over 50 cars). The quality is just great. I have not driven the car in the mountains and I am anxious to do so to see what that does with the gas mileage?"

No real problems

By on Friday, July 15, 2016

Pros: "looks, reliability"

Cons: "none so far"

"I drive for uber so I've put a lot of miles in a short time. just about everyone that rides talks about how smooth the ride is and the room in the back seat. To date it has been in shop only for oil changes, brakes and a recall for the oil change indicator although it is time to change the spark plugs. the only mistake I make in purchasing this car was buying the extended warranty that was a total waste of money."

Best Car in the market. Exceeded my expectations

By on Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pros: "Engine, Fuel Economy, Exterior and interior design"

Cons: "Wiper blades are not effective"

"I own this car and absolutely love driving it around. The muffled roar of the 1.6 ecoboost engine is simply amazing and the car looks like a killer on the streets. I also added the luxury package with the black powder coat rims which makes this car a head turner for sure. The interior is simply elegant and symmetric(not a lot of cars are) and the feel of the car is no less than a luxury sedan. The only complain I have is the windshield wiper is not very effective during heavy rains and needs to be redesigned. Overall for the price and performance, this car is a steal and Ford has totally redesigned its image with this car."

By on Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, high tech, functional"

"Overall an amazing car for a great price. The leasing pricing on this car is much better than its competition. I test drove a camry and an altima and the prices were in the 300s with a 5000 dollar trade in. The ford was over sixty dollars cheaper and had more features, a more powerful engine, and overall drove much better in my opinion. I don't think the display is confusing as some others have said, but then again I'm in my twenties and grew up around technology. The steering is direct and does help to make the car feel lighter, but doesn't feel overly electronic. I have the 2.0 liter 240hp engine, but the 1.5L engine I test drove felt plenty powerful as well surprisingly. The paddle shifters work well and shift smoothly even when downshifting to a fairly high rpm. All of the features work flawlessly for me, and the SYNC system can do way more than I will ever use I am sure. Honestly, if you are on the fence between this and anything else, test drive this and I guarantee the fusion will be your choice. It's all the little things that make this car so much better, and not to mention you're helping America. I didn't put a rating for reliability because I can't be sure yet, but I have no concerns. This is an unbelievable car that feels like it should be in a whole other price bracket."

Fusion SE 2.0 Ecoboost

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Ride, handling, very quiet cabin."

Cons: "Sirius Radio; small trunk opening."

2013 Ford Fusion SE at Christ Church, Kilmarnock, Virginia

"BEST FEATURES: The 2.0T Ecoboost is superb; the same motor as in the 2013 Jaguar XF and Volvo XC-60. I am getting 24 mpg in mixed driving. The Fusion is the quietest, smoothest-riding sedan I have ever owned (including a Volvo S-80, Volvo 960 and Honda Accord). The leather seats in SE trim are a little different design than in the Titanium; so check them both out. I bought my Fusion SE with the 2.0-liter turbo and Equipment Group 205A (Luxury Package). That combination includes most of the Titanium features as a lower cost. WORST FEATURE: The sound quality of the Ford Sirius radio is a surprising disappointment. The six-speaker audio system is excellent on CD / USB modes, and very good on FM. But the Fusion satellite radio sounds tinny and flat. I have listened to XM for many years on an after-market Commodore satellite radio in my Volvo, so I know what Sirius-XM should sound like. If the dealer can’t fix this, I will not renew free 6-month Sirius subscription. Satellite radio aside, I am happy with my purchase. The Fusion is a refined, very satisfying car to drive. I suggest that any buyer test one and see for yourself."

2013 Ford Fusion SE at Christ Church, Kilmarnock, Virginia

Great car, makes people look

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "new design, smooth riding, modern conviences"

Cons: "small quality issuses, engine noise above average"

"This car has the looks...People look to see what kind of car it is.....I had the rear windows tinted and put a set of wheels on it...The color is deep impact blue....Only two complaints are the electric fans are on the noisy side and the engine gets buzzy under hard acellaration ....."

This car is more than I thought it would be.

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Good price, Quiet & fun to drive."

Cons: "I can't say anything bad about it."

"We special ordered a 2015 Fusion Titanium. Love the looks, it's a head turner. We choose the "Brick Red" interior & wheel package, moonroof & white platnium paint. The car drives & handles great. At eighty miles per hour there is no wind noise to be heard inside. Very quiet. No problem with Sync, we found it easy to use. The 2.0 Turbo EcoBoost engine gives all the power you will ever need. It wants to go. I can't say enough about this car. I've had a lot of compliments about this car but the best one was,"it's awesome"."

Excellent overall, would change a few design items

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, lots of storage"

Cons: "terrible console design, bad sight lines"

"Rented this car for a 2 week 7000 mile roadtrip. Loved driving it. Long straight roads, dirt roads,city, major mountain crossings, and the beautiful but terrifying highwway 1. No matter where we were it was fun to drive. Had the hybrid model and averaged 38 mpg. Had it at 42 in the east. Trunk was a little tight, but it was good for the 4 us. As for design I loved the no cap gas tank, the door storage was excellent and the glove box shelf let's you keep things organized. There was even space under the seats to shove things, front and back. There was also space in the rear window to set things without blocking your view. Loved the adjustable headrest for the driver, it gave support without you realizing it. The main design item we hated was the center console. The flat part with storage was to far back and was awkward to get into, even for the passenger. Unfortunately this was also where the ports were located, so we were in it a lot. The cup holders are right where you put your arm, so if something was in it you would keep hitting it. There was no where to put change, and the hole behind the gear shift was useless. It also made the driver a bit to enclosed, there was a lot more space on the passenger side. The other thing that was difficult was the high windows. You couldn't rest your arm on them and the way the window supports came down from the windshield really limits your sight lines. Overall I loved the storage, comfort and drive ability of this car."

Best Car For the Money

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Amazing ride, handling, looks. Good mpgs & tech"

Cons: "Passenger seat could use higher adjustment"

"The Fusion is now the best mid size car in the market. Period. The base engine is wonderful - the others just add to the fun.Have driven them all, and the 2.5 was just fine for me. The car is quiet as a vault, handles like sports sedan and has a super smooth ride without sacrificing steering feel and fun. I have a 2014 SE and I have no complaints, no problems. If I could make any changes - make the passenger seat adjustment higher. It sits a little low. Everything else: Perfect. Have owned Accords, (which I loved), GM sedans which always turned into disasters in one way or another, Altimas and many other competing models. This thing rocks for a decent price. It drives as good as it looks and there is nothing remotely cheap about it. Toyotas are reliable but BORING. I was always a Honda guy, but this car is just more fun and beautiful than the Accord. We'll see how it holds up - my guess is it will hold up just fine. My friends with older Fusions had no problems. It is simply a better car than it's mid size competitors. You cannot go wrong."

Excellent Car

By on Friday, September 2, 2016

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Great Price, Looks Sharp"

"I owned a 2008 Fusion before purchasing my 2016 Fusion a few months ago. My 2008 was THE best car, so I had to get another one. I bought the '08 new and kept it until it had a little over 150,000 miles. I drove 40+ miles every day and it had excellent gas mileage. It never needed any major repairs and only had 1 recall, which was for the floor mats! I was very pleased with the 2008, so that is why I decided to get another Fusion. And I'm glad I did! It's crazy to see how many changes Ford made within 8 years. It's a very quiet riding car with very little road noise. It gets excellent gas mileage and has many features that I absolutely love. It helps that it is also a very sharp looking car :) Can't wait to see what Ford does in another 8 years!"

An OK car but has issues unrelated to the hybrid.

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, decent ride and handling."

Cons: "Gas savings not worth the high price."

"The Ford Fusion Hybrid is probably the best driving hybrid out of the several that I tried. Or maybe I could describe it as being the "least weird." I found the Hondas and Toyotas far too quirky to even consider, IMO. The Fusion drives pretty much like a regular car. After owning it for a year, though, it has annoyed me enough that I'm considering trading it. It does get great gas mileage (high 40s to low 50s in mixed driving) but it has some serious design issues which have nothing to do with it being a hybrid. 1. Projector beam headlights provide poor illumination. I can't see the edges of the road but frequently get flashed by oncoming traffic. 2. Climate control has a mind of its own, even in the manual mode, and not in a good way. 3. Sound system (basic Sync) has counter-intuitive controls, e.g. no stop button for CD/MP3. 4. Be careful how you put back the wipers after clearing snow, etc. If you don't do it just right, they get tangled and can cause major damage! 5. I had all 4 doors wide open for an hour or so, vacuuming, washing windows, etc. I decided to check the oil... Doors still open, I popped the hood, the (factory) alarm goes off! It took several tries to reset it. 6. The 'A' pillars are rather thick and block your view when making turns or changing lanes. Hybrid related: 1. Weak acceleration on the highway. 2. The gas engine is noisy and vibrates a lot. 3. In winter, when the gas engine is not running (i.e. stuck in traffic) there's NO cabin heat. Yes, you can crank it up all the way, but then the gas engine runs continuously, defeating the purpose of a hybrid. None of these things are unique to the Fusion; they're common to all hybrids. The Fusion Hybrid does ride and handle well, winter driving is good with ABS and traction control standard. The seats are somewhat uncomfortable but better than some other hybrids I tried. So far, I've had no defects or failures of any kind. To get the most out of a hybrid, you should have a basic understanding of how it works. Avoid rapid acceleration and hard braking. Coasting down every hill and long, gentle stops recharge the batteries = free energy! The guys in the big 4x4 trucks don't like it when you "regenerate" but they'll get over it. Let 'em pass you. Aggressive, "hotfoot" and "zoom and brake" drivers need not apply, your gas mileage will be WORSE with a hybrid than with a conventional car! Avoid using the cruise control. Turn it on and watch your "Average MPG" reading drop. Cruise controls were not designed for hybrids. Air conditioning tends to put a bigger dent in a hybrid's fuel economy than in a conventional car. It's electric and drains the batteries quickly, causing the gas engine to run more frequently. In conclusion: Drive a hybrid if you want to save the world, but not if you want to save money. They're expensive to buy, expensive to maintain and have poor resale value. If you're considering a hybrid, rent one for a week before you buy. I wish I had done that..."

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Pros: "comfortable car, heated seats, nice to drive"

Cons: "expensive, factory warranty is not long enough"

"This is a wonderful car to drive. The car is expensive and the factory Ford warranty is not long enough (instead of 3 years, there should be a 10 year warranty due to the Lithium battery). The inside of the car is comfortable, however the dashboard needs to be reconfigured to actually digitally reflect the miles per hour. The gas mileage within city limits is more like 35-40 as opposed to the 40-47 that is advertised."

Love this vehicle

By on Friday, September 6, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Tech & convenience options, MPG"

Cons: "Getting used to all the buttons and layout"

"We traded our old Toyota in for this vehicle and we are loving it so far! I was driving the family Escape (spouse now driving it), so I'm having to get used to the different handling of the vehicle, but that'll come over time. The tech & convenience options are nothing I've had are great - no more awkward cords as my phone can no sync up with the car. The turn signal mechanism and windshield wipers take some getting used to, but once you do, you don't even think twice about it. The car is comfy for our family of 4 and the trunk space is unreal. And, of course, love the exterior design."

This car is sweet!

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "handling, power, looks, interior, sync system."

Cons: "the sync system gets confused every so often."

"This car is sweet from its mean looking exterior to its cut interior. it handles like a sports car and for a 1.6l 4cyl eco boost it gets with it. I am a auto tech and apon inspection of the under side of the car found it very well built and found out why it drives so nice, the car is totally euro design it looks almost like a audi or vw underneath this is why it handles so well. as we all know the euro cars handle the best of all and it looks like ford is bringing it."

GREAT CAR!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

"I have owned the new 2013 Fusion since it was realeased back in September 2012. I do a lot of highway driving and seem to get about 32-35 mpg on the highway. My overall average mpg is about 26, but that because I cant help but rip into the floor boards with my pedal every once in a while. I have the 1.6 Turbocharged Inline 4 in my fusion, its more than enough power to get you off that line in front of a lot of other people. If you want a flashy, sexy, comfortable, stylish, clean, quick car at a good price.... Buy a 2013 Ford Fusion... I'm certainly not looking back."

So reliable and fun you should buy one too

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

"Best car ever so reliable and all the quality and value a car can offer. I had a Camry but the Fuison is better and more reliable. It's like driving a 4 door Mustang"

Best Hybrid in it's class maybe ever.

By on Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage and price"

"I have driven this car 2497 miles and I have averaged 44.3 miles per gallon actual with both city and freeway driving. It is very comfortable and is by far the best car Ford has built in the family car class. I tried every thing in it's class before I bought it and nothing compares. It is very quiet and I have been averaging 46.4 miles per gallon in the city. It will not get 47/47 as advertised but you have to learn how to drive a hybrid. Braking is essential. You cannot just stomp on the break. you must plan ahead and drive very conservative to obtain good gas mileage. All of the car company's are over estimating gas mileage. Ford is still the leader in this category. My mileage is not the readings in the instrument cluster. It is actual miles divided by gallons used. It is about time American made cars compete with the rest of the world. I think in most cases the Euorpean cars are very over priced for what you get. Most of the car magazines also over rate them. Instead of testing them like an average guy would drive them, they drive like crazy men."

Definitely the BEST and most beautiful car

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful design, great MPG, Comfortable, Fun"

Cons: "None :)"

"We've had our Ford Fusion Hybrid SE in Platinum White with the Appearance Package and Navigation system for about a week and a half. Not only does this car look absolutely beautiful, it also performs outstanding. We are more conscious now about braking and to get the "efficiency leaves" and 100% power return during braking. My husband and I are making a fun game out of it while we are saving gas at the same time. This car is very fun and easy to drive as well. We have the rear camera that is very helpful when driving in reverse. There is absolutely NOTHING I don't love about this car :)The interior is spacious and comfortable. SYNC takes a little bit of time to get used to, especially for the technically not so inclined among us. Connecting my iPod Touch and Android Phone via bluetooth was very easy. I love being able to have phone conversations with both my hands on the steering wheel. Ford really thought of everything. Whoever redesigned it (compared to the 2012 model) deserves a huge award in my opinion. It looks like a "love child between and Aston Martin and a BMW", I read that somewhere and it is true. I would recommend this car to anyone who is in the market for a very fuel efficient family sedan. This car is not too big and not too small but just right. The hybrid is a little bit more expensive up front than the regular model but I believe that we'll make up for that by saving a lot of money on gas over time, plus we are doing something to help the environment too. This car turns heads all the time because it looks so angry in the front but so amazing overall. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR !!"

Lovin this car

By on Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, handles extremly well, roomy, quiet"

Cons: "Had issue with SYNC system"

"I traded my 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid for the Ford Fusion Hybrid; spending a bit extra for the Titanium model, and love this car. I drive quite a bit; averaging 30K miles per year, but the savings in gas is fantastic. I use about 90% of the tank from DC to Cleveland; approx. 420 miles, with a tad to spare upon arrival. Can't beat it, and well worth the extra cost between hybrid and gas powered, for those who drive a lot of highway miles. The car handles extremely well, and the hybrid system is almost stealth when driving in battery mode. The only issue I've had, was with the SYNC system; had to be reprogrammed, but all is well now. Very roomy, comfortable, and looks great."

A Great car, reliable, comfortable, safe. Love it

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Pros: "Ffun to drive, always feel safe. Good looking"

"I like this care even better than the Audi's that I've had. Pulled me out of many jams. Love the safety features i.e. auto high beams on a sensor, puddle lights. Rides and handles great even of winding and hilly roads."

great gas milage, very good road car

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "61,000 miles on it in 14 months"

"I have had the car since August of 2013 and just turned over 61,000 miles. I have never been in for any service items, just change the oil every 10,000 miles. Best mileage on highway is 35 mpg. Very comfortable and dependable."

A Gorgeous Package

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Great Looks, great interiors, excellent handling."

Cons: "lesser features for similarly priced competing car"

First pic

"I have to say the reason Fusion caught my attention was it's drop dead gorgeous looks. After that began the research, and every review for this car was generally positive. I test drove altima, and sonata and I had driven a mazda 3 rental for a week. In terms of cabin silence, i'd rate this at par with sonata. A little noisier than mazda 3 and significantly less noisy than altima. In handling, fusion rates the best for me amongst the above mentioned cars. In performance it would be at par with sonata, a little better than altima, and obviously significantly better than mazda. In roominess, altima is better, fusion's better than sonata. And Mazda 3 is a smaller car so can't be compared. Now I am a tall guy (6'2") so this was important. I simply couldn't find an arrangement in the sonata which I was 100% comfortable with. For what it's worth, Mazda 3 does have a comfortable driving space despite a lesser overall volume. The trunk is crazy deep in Fusion. For the same price, Altima and Sonata offer a ton of cool features which Fusion doesn't have, like button start, remote start, leather/heated seats, rear view camera etc. I mean, you can get these features in a fusion, but you'd have to pay extra. Plus the best color in Fusion (ruby red, in my opinion) costs extra as well. Not a deal breaker, but it is a slight bummer. Over all, the car is really sweet to drive. It feels sure and sturdy. I love the interiors. Minus the premium leather touch, I feel they look really well arranged. Better than altima and sonata in any case. The center console really gives the interiors a great feel. Synch system for what i have used (bluetooth audio, phone), works well. A touch screen console for the system would have been a nice implementation. Don't know if that's available in a higher version or in any of the competing cars. Some smaller things are pretty nice, like retractable grips in cup holders, rear ac vents and 3 charging points plus a USB charging point. Don't know what of this is available in competing cars again. I am completely satisfied with my purchase. This is my first car in US (just moved here), and my first sedan. Loving the driving experience here. And this car always makes me smile when I park and glance at it as I walk away."

First pic

Incredibly solid, comfortable, and quiet!

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "So solidly built, very responsive to driver input."

Cons: "Does require person to take time to learn controls"

"We've owned the Titanium 2.0 liter turbo for 1 month and have nothing but praise for it. Driving dynamics, quietness, quality, solid build, and very good fuel economy (averaging 30 mpg--we live rural with little traffic so in town would be less). We still find ourselves commenting what a great car it is. I'm the "anti-technology" guy and find that I need to spend a little time getting used to the controls. I feel the design is head and shoulders above the Camry and Accord. Also, I think it drives better than either of those and feels better built."

Exceeds my expectations

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, quiet as heck, stylish"

"I only buy a car every 10-15 years. I was holding back waiting for the next car that would grab my interest. I mostly didn't care for what I was seeing in the less than luxury models. I wanted performance. I was used to a V8. I wanted comfort. I always opted for full size with a soft ride. I wanted the quiet I've experienced in the luxury cars. But I was worried about dropping down to a 4 cyl engine. After a couple of test drives I was convinced I could be satisfied. All I can say is that the exterior, interior, comfort, quiet and performance far exceeds my expectations. I couldn't be happier."

Great Car!

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "The Complete Package -not your standard appliance."

Cons: "no manual trans with the 2.0L engine"

"First off let me say I really wanted a Mustang, but the climate in my area, gas prices, and unusable space made me think otherwise... This car is every bit as attention getting as the Mustang, far more practical, great gas mileage, loaded with features that were only available in high end luxury cars just a couple years ago! My car is the Titanium Model with all the trimmings, and after 5,000 miles of seat time, I'm very pleased with the complete package. I did NOT want to drive an average appliance car (i.e Accord or Camry), The Fusion is fun to drive, handles amazing for the size of the car, gets good gas mileage (28 mpg average to date) and acceleration is brisk with the 2.0L engine. The Technology is amazing. My Ford Touch has come a long way since it was first released, a solid recommendation now. If you want an appliance, buy an Accord or Camry, if you want something with great looks and driving dynamics, get this car. You won't be disappointed!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fusion near Honolulu. See local deals