2012 Ford Fusion

Based on 429 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

Great mileage and very comfortable!

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, mileage, good looks"

Cons: "Steering on the soft side, trunk on the Hybrid small for the car size"

"I purchased the 2010 Hybrid at a good discount because it was the last one on the lot, and have been driving it about 6 months. I love this car -- something I could never say about the Honda Civic I drove for 14 years. The seats are comfortable, the ride smooth and quiet and the mileage on the Hybrid much better than I could have hoped for. (I am averaging 43 mpg right now in the summer -- in the dead of winter it is about 33-35 mpg.) The Hybrid model came with all the bells and whistles on the dash, and I love having Bluetooth with voice control and the ability to play my phone's MP3 player in addition to the songs on my old Nano. I find driving it a pleasure -- very relaxing. Sure, it is not the car I'd like to taking zipping around picturesque curvy roads in the mountains -- but how often do I do that? This is my commuting car, and it is what I chill out in on the way home from work. I can't speak much to quality and maintenance since I haven't had the car long, but so far it has needed less repairs than my Honda did at this stage. The only reason I marked Value as 4 is I didn't buy this car at first because the Hybrid was so expensive -- it was only after I got the discount I took the plunge, and I am very happy I did!"

Long-time Japanese luxury car owner LOVES this car

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Delight to drive, quiet, large enough for big guys"

"After twenty years driving Lexus, Acura and Infiniti sports sedans, I was a bit hesitant to consider a Ford. The only Ford I'd owned was a 1967 Mustang I'd restored back in the 80's. After 2.5 years with this car, I have to say, I'm still absolutely delighted with it! Although a hybrid, its 0-60 times best the 1967 Camaro SS (plenty fast). Off the line, where it counts in city driving, the electric motor is phenomenal and easily launches the car well in front of the neighboring cars making merges a stress-free delight. Solid car, handles very well, and plenty of space (I'm 6'4"). The vehicle (mine's loaded) is as lovely inside as the my last car (Infiniti G35, which I very much enjoyed). It's also been utterly trouble free. Oh, and it's immensely quiet inside (a great car for music lovers). My actual MPG after 24k miles is similar to the EPA sticker (41 city / 36 highway) despite my very "spirited" driving. In a heavy stop-and-go slog, I regularly get in the mid 40s, long 70-80 mph drives I net 37 mpg. My overall MPG has been 38.3. Highly recommend it!"

Good vehicle

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "useful features, handles well"

Cons: "transmission isn't as smooth as most others"

"This 2011 Fusion is the SEL 4 cyl. w/roof and Sony upgrade. This is a lease car. I get something new every two years. Only reliability issues has been the upper control arm bushings on both sides wore out at 60,000. No other repairs, except for resurfacing the front rotors at 50,000. The standard Michelins lasted 55,000 miles. All trim and controls have held up well as have the leather seats. Synch system has not given me any issues except on occasion it will disengage from my i-phone and not restore without a re-synch. All other controls are intuitive and work without effort. A better satellite radio signal than in my wife's Toyota The car handles well, brakes well, runs smoothly (although the trans. will make a sudden lurch when cold occasionally) and I have averaged around 29mpg. The front pads have at least half their life still left on them. Except for the typical 4 cyl. lack of power, I have been pleased with the car."

A Great Car

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "Lots of Bells"

Cons: "None that I know of."

"30,000 miles without a problem. Went from FL to VA and back with driving in between, and got over 46mpg. Love the SYNC System."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "average 37.9 MPG, mostly highway driving"

Cons: "I don't use it very much"

"In short, I've owned this car for 2.5 years. It's had only one problem. During a driving rainstorm, the windshield wipers just stopped working. Stopped. End of story. Nothing would make them come on. I had to pull off the road and after shutting down the car and sitting there for 30 mins, re-starting the car magically got them working again. I've seen this issue posted somewhere, the dealer says they've never heard of this, and let me tell you, it's a serious problem. That issue aside, this car is nearly perfect. I love this car. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. it's quiet. It's smooth. It handles wells. I'm not 20 anymore, so I don't want, nor do I care to drive a sports car. This car replaced a Mercedes. In fact prior to that Mercedes was a Mercedes, a BMW and a Saab. Fooey. I'll take this Ford over all of them. I'm of the age group where I was taught to shun American cars because they were of poor quality (I got my drivers license in the late 1980's). I give this car a glowing recommendation and two thumbs up. What would I change? add keyless start (I do not like the bulky car key), put a release switch at the trunk so I don't need a key, put the wiper switch on the right side of the steering column where it belongs, put a light in the glovebox. That's it."

Love to own and drive this car!

By on Thursday, December 06, 2012

Pros: "Appearance, quality, performance, handling"

Cons: "Lugs going uphill"

"Bought my 2010 Fusion Sport 3.5L in 2010 and it's one of my favorite cars ever. Aside from a loose inside mirror , the quality at delivery was first rate. I had a battery issue (repaired under warranty) but no problems since. The car, I think, has a sporty appearance (red candy metallic) and the ride and overall refinement are exceptional at this price. My wife always comments how quiet it is on the freeway--no wind noise and very little road noise. Steering is direct and has great center feel and sporty efforts. Acceleration is quick, handling is pretty good (though I think it should ride even stiffer and have less body roll for a Sport model) and it's comfortable on long trips or short jaunts. The interior materials are good quality and its roomy (I'm 6'4" tall) for a grown family of 4. Sound system is okay but then I bought it off the lot and didn't get to opt up for the premium system. My only beefs are that the car lugs going uphill (lots of hills in CA) so I use the Selectshift feature and manually downshift it, which since it works so well is fun rather than annoying. Also, the fuel economy around here at 21mpg commuting is a little disappointing. Otherwise I love this car and look forward to driving it every day. I generally don't like anyone else in the family to drive it!"

Excellent Car

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

"35000 miles and not a single problem. I get between 42 and 46 mpg. Have oil changed every 5000 miles, and other than that, haven't spent a dime on maintenance. Tires should go another 15000. Best car I have ever had. I must have gotten the good one out of the batch. I have had the bad ones before too."

We love this car

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "responsive driving, comfortable quiet cabin, comfortable seats front and back. lots of trunk space"

Cons: "a little hard to look out the back window for backing. recommend getting the rear camera option."

"We shopped for a while before deciding to purchase the Ford Fusion. The gas mileage has be great. We have taken a few extended trips and the car is very comfortable and did not fatigue the driver or passenger. Very quit cabin and comfortable seats. Ours is the SE with Sun and sync upgrade. Well worth the extra money especially if you have alot of music on your smart phone. I definitely recommend this car."

30,000 miles and going strong Fusion Hybrid

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "All the technology and it's fun to drive"

"We've been driving the car since the summer of '09 and now have 30,000 miles on it. It's been averaging 39 mpg combined highway and city driving. Our favorite feature is Sync - it's tremendous! I also love the standard, 3 prong 110 volt outlet. All cars should have them. I'd definitely buy this car again. No mechanical or electrical issues."

Outstanding Ford Product

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Video display in dash too low"

"I have owned my car for a little over 2 years and there has been absolutely no mechanical problem with it. The Fusion is stylish, the Sync voice activated system is great for changing satellite radio and other audio selections, inside temperature control, navigation, and special services using bluetooth with your smart phone. Two other useful features are the rear facing camera with parking assist, and the radar giving you cross traffic alert for cars in your blind spot. The Fusion Hybrid has a powerful 4-cylinder engine that goes up the mountains in western North Carolina without any problem. It feels good to pass a Hummer that is struggling up the hill. Gas mileage was the primary reason I bought the car and I haven't been disappointed. Overall average of highway and city driving, considering I'm on mountain roads all the time, is 41 - 42 mpg."

big waterfall noise

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Enjoyed the car only a few days. Then, heard a big water fall noise from dashboard which is very annoying. Searched online and found quite a few folks have the same problem. Ford is still struggling to find a successful fix after replacing the engine for some customers. Before you make a decision to buy a Fusion, make sure to search "fusion sloshing" in google."

Complete Surprise

By on Thursday, September 10, 2009

"As a fresh out of college prospective car buyer, I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted: a Nissan Altima. My dad convinced me to research and test drive comparable cars, so I did. I had it down to the Altima, Malibu, and Fusion to test and I was completely blown away by the Fusion. It was such a great ride and I thought it was very impressive. I ended up getting the 2010 SEL model and I show it off to all my friends any chance I get. They always leave very impressed and I highly recommend this car to them and all."

A sensible, quality Ford sedan for anyone!

By on Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, reliability, practicality, quality"

Cons: "Busy center stack, light steering, resale"

The star of the review!

"I have owned my 2011 Ford Fusion SE for a few years now. So far, I have plenty of positive things to say about this car. I found this car attractive at first because of its stylish design and large trunk. I remember when my friends and I would play golf, we would car pool in a Fusion and it would easily swallow 4-5 golf bags...plus all of our other belongings and bags. Thus, many of my friends own this car, and recommended it to me since I was looking to replace a ten year old Altima. I visited most of the major mainstream dealerships before making a choice on my next midsize sedan. After visiting the Nissan dealer, I found the Altima to be a little bit bland, in regards to performance and the interior. It didn’t feel like a new car to me. I also looked at the Accord, which I really did enjoy due to its comfortable ride and how the controls were all logically laid out. But, what set me back was that so many people drive it, and it didn’t really surprise me or, like the Altima, feel engaging or fun. Same goes for the Camry. I then visited the local Ford dealer, and here goes: Like I said before, I found the Fusion the most attractive looking car out of the bunch. As a taller person, I felt that there was great headroom. The steering wheel also has many controls that the other cars seem to lack, as well as being easy to operate. Even while driving the SE model, I found the car very comfortable in terms of the materials where I would be resting my arms. Lots of padding in the important locations. The Fusion also had great ride quality thanks to its superb chassis, which it shares with the Mazda6. I’m assuming that was the reason why the car felt so in control and able to take corners well. The transmission, a 6 speed automatic, is geared just right, and there are no rough shifts or jerking. It is a very smooth gearbox. Sometimes I don’t even know what gear I’m in. Let the car do the work! Legroom in the front and rear are great. The dashboard, which doesn’t have too much technology, (I opted for the lowest level SE model, with no SYNC, navigation, sunroof, etc.) looked very modern and made the car feel more expensive. However, there are many buttons on the dashboard, and it took a few days for me to figure out the controls and their placement. Storage space is also excellent, with a big glove box and bins smartly located (such as the middle storage compartment and the bin on top of the air vents). One interesting things I found was how superb the instrument panel was displayed. Everything is very clear and large. A bright blue light illuminates the instrument panel which looks beautiful any time, any day of the week. I average about 27 miles to the gallon with a mix of city and highway driving. Excellent for this size car! I seemed to get higher results than what the EPA suggests. While there are many positives to this car, I have to mention some negatives for the general consumer. I wanted the four cylinder model for its efficiency, not its performance. The car felt that it had about the same power as my Altima. I thought it would be a little bit quicker. It really starts to pull at higher RPMs. Also, the steering does feel a bit light. If you want something sportier, go for a Mazda6. But, if you still want a Fusion, there is an available V6 and Sport model that makes the car much more like an enthusiast car. Under heavy acceleration, the engine does drone, but as a conservative and frugal driver, I don’t have an issue with that. The cloth seats are generally good, but after three hours on the road they start to bother you a little bit. I found the cloth seats in the other cars somewhat better. I should have gotten the leather now that I think of it. Therefore, I found that the Fusion since it seemed to outshine the other competitors in many areas. However, the price of this car made everything just work. The base SE model that I got retails at some amount hovering about the $21k mark. After negotiating with the dealer, I was able to drop the price down to $20k. A similar priced Altima, Accord, or Camry would have made me pay upwards to $25k. Although the resale value may not be as great, I do keep cars for at least 10 years before finding a replacement, so I might be able to get some money of it. J.D Power Associates give the Ford Fusion a great reliability score, and I have had no problems with the vehicle besides regular maintenance and conditioning for the 60,000 something miles I’ve driven it. It is also a top safety pick, receiving 4 and 5 stars on all of the tests. Safety is always a priority, so all the cars performed well in the crash tests. Thank you for those who took the time to read this comprehensive review. Let me know if I missed something, there are many parts to a car! Out of all the midsize sedans, this is definitely my recommendation. For those of you who are just going for the traditional Accord or Camry, think again. Look at all of your options. Do not underestimate any car. All of these cars in the class are good picks, but each has a personality that attracts different buyers. For me, the style, efficiency, practicality, reliability, and features made the 2011 Ford Fusion SE the best midsize sedan."

The star of the review!

the car is an excellent appliance.

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "A competent good riding car. Not exciting."

Cons: "Interior well laid out"

"The car is the only new car I have owned that required no warrantee work. It has been in the garage only for oil changes. The appearance of the car turns me off and that is the reason I am getting ready to trade. Based on quality, it is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I commented to my wife that ford spends too much time designing trucks. I never fell in love with the appearance of the car."

couldnt ask for more

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "every thing is grade A+ !"

Cons: "had no dislikes they thought of everything."

"best driving best power for a 4 banger, and gets better gas milage than was even told it would get. interior is awsome. gauges are very modern. the way the car fits you, and the feel it has driving with the smooth ride and power stearing is incredible. i would put it next to toyota anyday. i was told that it got 29mpg, well mine gets 29.5 in town stop and go and 35.4 highway from little rock to memphis which has a lot of stop and go due to construction. i realy love it and my wife loves it, we are now die hard ford fans because of this car and other fords our family members have baught. we now have 3 kids and its getting a little cramped so now we are looking at the explorer. plus i was told when i was looking to trade in that the resale was slightly higher than the camry, thats always a +"

Luv it!

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Fast, responsive, fun to drive"

"A footnote to my previously submitted review. I thought I was submitting a review on the Fusion SPORT model only as that is the model I own and was the model info I selected. I see when one selects to read reviews on this model, KBB lumps all Fusion models into one review category. Sorry KBB, but one cannot compare the AWD, High performance, 3.5 Liter Sport to the S, SE, SEL, or Hybrids. No offense to anyone owning those vehicles, I'm sure they are nice cars. However, the Sport is a different animal and one should be able to rate their own specific model. Non Fusion owners may get confused."

Been a great car!

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

"Review on my 2010, Fusion SE, 2.5L. Now with 78,000 miles on it i am reviewing my car purchase. Overall it is a great car. I would say 7.5/10. Mixed driving MPG, or combined MPG is 27 MPG. I have hit as high as 33 MPG on a road trip from the Twin City's to St. Louis, MO. And it has been as low as 23 in the dead cold of the Minnesota winter. Here a a few things I find great about the car and a few thing I don't like about it. Pros: - Great looks inside and out! - inside controls are laid out nice and materials are above average and with real sound build quality. - Seat are comfortable - Ride is nice and soft, not sporty, but good road trip car you could drive all day in. - huge trunk Cons: - 2.5L is slow to accelerate at any speed. Might want to opt for the V6 if you can handle the MPG drop from the 4 cyl. to the 6 cyl. - Hard to see what is right behind the car. For a car this size it seems to swallow up everything that is behind it. - Had to replace one of the axel shafts on the FWD. Ford issued a TSB for this for the 2010 model year only, but no recall. That kind of hurt as it was a $800 bill to get that fixed but that has been the cars only issue in 78k. Conclusion: Overall real pleased with my choice. I think this model looks great, as I do with all 3 of the different Fusion body styles, great model DNA I would say. I have taken it on many a road trips with the family and it has never disappointed. Lots of room for both passengers and gear and very comfortable for any length of drive. The axel shaft thing was a disappointment for a car so new. My Dad has a 2011 Chev Malibu, LTZ with under 19K that has been in the shop 3 times already. So tho he has not had to pay anything out of pocket due to his warranty and mine was paid for out of pocket it still put it into perspective for me somewhat. I will keep driving this for another 3 years myself than pass it on to one of my kids. At that point The new Fusion will be at the top of the list of new cars I will check out for my next new vehicle purchase. Well done Ford."

Fusion SEL

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and comfy ride."

Cons: "No cons to date."

"Fantastic car, best mpg at 65 hiway 35.2. Plenty of power to get you out of tight spots. Fantastic sound system. Etc."

GREAT SEADAN

By on Friday, November 09, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, sync is great, very quiet"

Cons: "somewhat lack of power, transmission not as smooth"

"My first new car purchace, so far very satisfied. As with some other reviews, not great visability out back window. Transmission not as smooth as I would like but not a problem. Acceleration just a tad slow but is only a 4 cylinder, good tradeoff for better gas milage. Sync is the best! Pairs to phone everytime you get in, just a button push away from phone conversation. Good for weather and traffic, can download directions from Mapquest or use voice activation from car. Very comfortable seats and steering wheel controls very convenient. Vehicle is extremly quiet for its market position."

Fusion Sport AWD is a solid performing sedan

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Sport is outright best in mid-size class!"

Cons: "Gas mileage is not great."

Stunning even when parked!

"I have owned this a 2011 Fusion Sport AWD for half a year and no problems with it whatsoever. The 3.5L V6 engine gives more than needed passing power, even with a full load of passengers and cargo. It handles very well for a mid-size family sedan. Despite its girth, the car corners really well, thanks to its sport suspension and AWD. It may be a tad (and I mean, a tad) sluggish in twisties, at least compared to its little brother, the nimble 2012 Focus,but it doesn't give more than an inch in that department either. Its extremely comfortable and stable in long drives and behaves well during sudden braking, although I would like to see a shorter stopping distance. Steering feel is quite responsive, and is somewhat 'point-and-shoot' once you get the hang of it. Projector halogen headlights/foglights are great, but I would have liked Ford to go the extra mile and put HID's instead. Its audio system, with its 12 Sony speakers, is adequate for my needs. Its rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlights, and global-open windows (where in a click of a button, you can remotely open windows and moonroof to vent out a hot car)are well-thought-of convenciences. The Sport is a gorgeous car inside and out. Compared to its direct competitors, i.e. Camry, Accord, Malibu, Altima and Sonata, Ford stands out. I love driving it, especially in long trips. It is really in its element on interstate highways and mountainous passess. City driving is a bit of a bummer to me, as its gas mileage suffers there."

Stunning even when parked!

I love driving this car, it's FAST and beautiful,

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Great price, Great driver, great looking."

Cons: "Transmission needs slight re-fining,"

"I really like driving my 3.0 V6 Fushion SEL. It's extremely quick off the line, a LOT of torque, sufficient enough to engage a 2009 V8 Mustang to a 0 - 60 challenge! It's a great looking car (black,Tan) and the shine component to the paint is consistent over the years I've had it. In addition, on highway trips, holding the speed at 70 will return a 31 miles per gallon efficiency. The only 1 problem, which seems consistent with other Ford owners, is the 6-speed automatic is skittish/nervous when cold. Optional: I wanted to have the Fushion Sport with the 3.5 V6, but I HATE BLACK interior, and spoilers. I WANT MY FORD MY WAY!!"

Good car for the money

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, roomy back seat"

Cons: "noisy motor when accelerating. Small buttons hard to see when driving."

"Exellent gas mileage. 31 city country mixed. Easy to drive and roomy back seat. 4 cyl. motor is noisy when accelerating but quiet otherwise. lack of adjustable headrest (forward backward) is very irritating,feels like its pushing my head forward. Small buttons and very low for climate controls, no rear seat climate control. Has a very high rear end which can make blind spots, but extra little blind spot mirrors are awesome. Cannot feel lumbar support when cranked all the way. Most of my friends and family love this car when riding in it or driving it."

So great, I bought a second one a year later

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "mileage, comfort, style, price, value, sync"

Cons: "only 4 cup holders"

"Absolutely love the car, I bought it while it was still being unloaded from the truck at the dealer lot. (I test drove a different color car).I have driven cross-country several time now and it is amazing for road trips, great mileage, very comfortable seats, and two 6'+ adults can ride in the back seat for 17+ hours without complaints (Car related anyways). 2 years into owning and have only been to the dealer for oil changes. I Love the Sync (I do not have the touch screen), it even gives turn by turn, restraunt look-up,ect. without a smart phone. The trunk is also suprisingly large."

I am so happy!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Great car"

Cons: "Haven't found any!"

"I love this car. I've had it for about a year now and I am still happy with my choice. I traded in an Explorer that I loved but I've never regretted it. Well maybe when it snows or I need to jump a curb, but other than that I'd buy this car all over again."

BEST!!!

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "great price, easy drive, fun features"

Cons: "none!"

"I love my car, had it for about a year. I was recently in a collision where I was stopped and someone rear ended me at 70 mph. The car saved my life, it held up rather well and I lov eit so much even though this one was totaled I will be buying another one!! Perfect for a family yet sporty enough for anyone!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fusion near Honolulu. See local deals