2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,281 - $18,846.

10/7.0

7.3

Based on 403 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

Great Vehicle for the Price Range

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, fuel efficent, reliable, cost"

Cons: "Door lock set up, Sony premium sound system"

"First let me start by saying its a very fun car. Has a large amount of torque for a small hatchback. Even though the car is classified as a compact car it has a fair amount of room. I am 5'11" and fit well with room to spare. The Recardo seats are very nice and I find them quite comfortable but I know they are not for everyone, they are made for the driving enthusiast and hug you, not everyone likes that but it's just a matter of preference, you will have to sit in one and judge for yourself. I really only have 2 complaints about the car and they are just because I tend to be, well, picky. First would be the power lock set up, there is one button in the center of the dash to lock and unlock with no manual way to unlock or lock the door (this seems to be more and more common in newer vehicles) I just don't like it, I can't really say anything more about that. The second would be the upgraded Sony sound system, most will probably find it pleasing, it is much better then a standard factory radio but for my taste the sub is lacking and the bluetooth audio doesn't seem to go loud enough, again this is something you will have to listen for yourself, everyone's ears are different and most don't tend to be as picky as mine are when it comes to radios. Otherwise it is a great car, get's decent gas mileage, and has not given me any problems as of yet. I can not stress enough fun, fun, fun car that is economical enough to be used as a daily driver without breaking the bank to fill the tank."

Great Value

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Luxury options at an economy price"

Cons: "160 HP is a little light for my driving style."

"Fun car to drive, with as advertised fuel mileage and real eye appeal. Car enthusiasts are constantly giving positive, unsolicited comments. The only mods done are cosmetic. A waist line pin stripe and red caliper paint to offset the beautiful black paint job from the factory. The leather seats are comfortable even on an all-day drive. The controls are well placed and the Ford Sync is an interesting toy. The backup camera should always be part of the hatchback package, it works well even in the dark. The extra pass from the wipers when cleaning is genius."

Best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "i love every thing!!"

"Its been 28000 miles on the road and about a year and i love this car it is really reliable. I have test drive the dart, cruze, civic, and the mazda but the focus wins hands down"

excellent vehicle

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

"I traded in a 2008 Lincoln mkz, on the focus titanium , 4 years ago I said I would not ever own a focus, I drove this one, I bought it after the test drive, the ride and comfort sold me, very little road noise, great peppy little car, voice command systems allows you to adjust ac/radio/phone operations by voice commands . seats are more comfortable than the MKZ. First tank of gas averaged 32.8 mpg, which will improve after first 1000 miles. great value for the money."

2014 SE hatchback 5-speed manual

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy (5-spd), sporty driving dynamics"

Cons: "Expensive for its class"

"This is one of the most entertaining FWD vehicles I've driven. Cornering is sharp, brakes are very good, transmission is excellent and has short throws. Winter performance is sketchy, although that could be more my unfamiliarity with driving a FWD car weighing less than 3000# with summer-only tires. My previous vehicle traded in for this was a 4000+# 2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX HPP, which was a reliable workhorse in the winter, always taking me where I wanted to go (up hills, down hills, around curves) and never taking me where I didn't want to go (places like ditches, trees, jersey barriers, etc.). For the Focus in snow-prone areas, I recommend winter tires. And prayers for those times where it understeers through a curve and takes you to one of those places I mentioned that you don't want to go. Fuel economy thus far is tough to gauge; we had a pretty brutal winter about a month after I got the car, and between the extreme cold and the above average snowfall the fuel consumption in any vehicle takes a dive (idling after start-up to warm, staying in lower gears in the snow, higher air density, lower energy density in the winter blend gas). During the break-in period I saw 28-37 mpg city/highway. This generally falls within the fuel consumption rating on the window sticker (26 city / 36 highway / 30 combined). Interior is attractive for this class of car. The ergonomics are good in my estimation (6' 150# male). I opted for heated leather seats; a must in the Snow Belt, and the seat heaters work well. The leather is low-end but not uncomfortable. Some other reviewers noted that the car takes an unbearably long time to warm up and heat the cabin in winter, and that has been my experience as well. The Sync system works about as well as or better than every other speech-recognition system I've used in the past several years. The sole quality issue I encountered thus far is regarding the rear seat folding mechanism. Last weekend I folded the seat bottoms forward and seat backs down to create a flat loading floor (you can also just fold the seat backs down, but when you do so it will not be a flat surface). Once I had gotten home and unloaded, I tried rotating the seat back into its original position, but the whole seat back assembly popped out of the odd mechanical latch that appears to be meant to lock it into place and allow it to rotate. No problem, I thought, I'll just pop it back in, but it simply would not. This is a pending service call. In terms of utilization, this car is fairly comfortable. I have a family of (2a+3c), so we often have all seats in use. This is adequate for <30 minute trips, and most of them are. The hatch will hold the entirety of a full-on grocery trip for said family, but it won't be adequate for a camping trip unless we leave the kids home. Obviously this vehicle is not intended to service as a primary family vehicle, and I wouldn't recommend it as one unless your family is (2a+1c) or (1a+2c). In my household this vehicle is primarily a commuter car, and it serves that function admirably. All in all, it is a car that I had to get, not one that I wanted to get. All the same, it is an excellent car, with no qualifiers."