2013 Ford Focus

7.1

Based on 555 Ratings for the 2012 - 2018 models.

7.3/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Not recommeded

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

"I disposed of my 2013 Ford Focus on 9-15-14 at a loss. I experienced all of the transmission issues already mentioned jerking, accelerating, nearly stalling and almost getting struck when entering an intersection and the transmission simply stopped giving forward movement. I was always told it is suppose to run like that. At a 35000 mile oil change I was told a seal between the transmission and engine had failed and oil had leaked from the engine. It was repaired and I was then told about a surprise extended warranty on the part and associated parts from Ford only Ford did not say anything until a week after the repair. All of the shuddering eventually started back up again and on 9-14-14 I noticed a burnt rubber smell from the car. I realized it had always been burning rubber but I always convinced myself it was another vehicle next to mine. Mine was new and it couldn't be mine. I strongly recommend against buying a Ford Focus."

Okay, not great.

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

"Car gets great mileage and is a blast to drive, but the dual clutch isn't that great. Its quirks are pretty annoying at lower speeds and gearing is awful. I'm just surprised by how erratic the trans actually is. Other Ford owners have said that it's just the way a DCT works. The problem with that is that I've driven VW's DSG and did experience the same problems. Other problems have been creaks and rattles. The interior looks well made, but it really isn't."

Complaints re: trans = Not driving car properly

By on Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pros: "Good value; looks great; mpg; interior tech"

Cons: "Second gear a little hesitant; back end"

"Recently purchased a 2013 Focus. In regards to the automatic transmission, second gear is a little hesitant, and needs a little goosing. Give it a little more gas, and get through second gear more quickly. Those who say that the transmission lurches and grinds gears aren't driving the car properly. You have to kinda drive it as you would a stick, keep an eye on the tachometer, in the first three gears. At the top end of third gear (around 35 mph), the car has all the speed and pickup you need. Then it has speed for days, great handling; it's easy to go fast in this agile little car. Also, I see that a lot of people don't like the interior technology, which, to me, is not that difficult to figure out. There are a lot of buttons and stuff, but anybody that has a basic tech savvy can figure what's what rather quickly. Lots of bells and whistles included in the base model; it's pretty cool, kind of spaceship cockpit-esque. Heated seats in the winter package, which, where I live, is really nice in an affordable car. The front seats are super comfortable, the interior styling is nice; it's got a modern feel. The exterior of the car, to me, looks awesome. It's an eye-catcher; you see people all the time taking a second look, like 'hey, that's a pretty sweet little car.' The drawbacks to this, both inside and out, are almost like Ford spent all their time and energy on the front end, and left the back end. The back seat is a plain old back seat. The back end and the trunk aren't much to look at. Looks great from the front and sides, the back isn't anything special. Great gas mileage, as advertised. Off the line, you aren't going to beat anyone in this car. But once you get to around 35 mph, it's got all the speed, handling, and acceleration you need."

Wow !! Great Car

By on Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pros: "So Impressed with this new car !"

Cons: "None so far"

"To anyone looking for a Compact Car, this is the one you want. Mine is SE with Sport Pkg, heated seats, etc. Everything is 1st Class, especailly the ride and handling. I did a quyick trip on freeway got over 38 MPG, on avery hot day !! One of the best things about the Car is it's looks, it is a grabber, even people in BMW's give a second look, propably because it looks like a European Car, mainly an Audi A-3."

My first Ford Focus

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, sync, safety ratings"

Cons: "nothing"

"I grew up in a household that only bought other makes and models (chevy,japanese). I love my Ford! I am extremely happy that I choose the Focus over the Corolla and Civic. I believe that Ford has been doing their 100%!! If you are interested in a Ford, GO DRIVE ONE! They drive great! Oh, and by the way its GREAT in the snow!"