2013 Ford Focus

7.1

Based on 559 Ratings for the 2012 - 2018 models.

7.3/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Fantastic value. Little workhorse

By on Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Pros: "value, comfort, convenience, technology, fuel econ"

Cons: "small size, small engine, automatic"

"Fantastic vehicle. Smooth ride on highway. Comfortable seats. Trunk/Hatch had enough room. Sync feature works well. No huge problems at all. Gas mileage is averaging 34mpg. I drive a lot of HWY but mostly at 75-80mph. If you do 65mph you get 37mpg or so. Driving dynamics have been good. Obviously not a sports car but pick up is fine for a 2.0l 4 cyl auto. The handling is crisp and its easy to avoid sudden items on the road without losing control. I have put on 125k in 5 years and the car has performed flawlessly. Just took it on a 1250 mile trip and back (total 2800 or so in 10 days) and it effortlessly drove at sustained speeds of 80+mph, higher at times. Absolutely a great value for money."

2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback

By on Friday, August 4, 2017

"This vehicle has been pretty trouble free. Other than the transmission issues, which have been resolved and have not experienced any other issues for the past year. It is holding up pretty well, although I dont beat on my vehicles too hard. Pretty good MPG (average 32 MPG combined/38+ Highway)."

Complaints re: trans = Not driving car properly

By on Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pros: "Good value; looks great; mpg; interior tech"

Cons: "Second gear a little hesitant; back end"

"Recently purchased a 2013 Focus. In regards to the automatic transmission, second gear is a little hesitant, and needs a little goosing. Give it a little more gas, and get through second gear more quickly. Those who say that the transmission lurches and grinds gears aren't driving the car properly. You have to kinda drive it as you would a stick, keep an eye on the tachometer, in the first three gears. At the top end of third gear (around 35 mph), the car has all the speed and pickup you need. Then it has speed for days, great handling; it's easy to go fast in this agile little car. Also, I see that a lot of people don't like the interior technology, which, to me, is not that difficult to figure out. There are a lot of buttons and stuff, but anybody that has a basic tech savvy can figure what's what rather quickly. Lots of bells and whistles included in the base model; it's pretty cool, kind of spaceship cockpit-esque. Heated seats in the winter package, which, where I live, is really nice in an affordable car. The front seats are super comfortable, the interior styling is nice; it's got a modern feel. The exterior of the car, to me, looks awesome. It's an eye-catcher; you see people all the time taking a second look, like 'hey, that's a pretty sweet little car.' The drawbacks to this, both inside and out, are almost like Ford spent all their time and energy on the front end, and left the back end. The back seat is a plain old back seat. The back end and the trunk aren't much to look at. Looks great from the front and sides, the back isn't anything special. Great gas mileage, as advertised. Off the line, you aren't going to beat anyone in this car. But once you get to around 35 mph, it's got all the speed, handling, and acceleration you need."

My first Ford Focus

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, sync, safety ratings"

Cons: "nothing"

"I grew up in a household that only bought other makes and models (chevy,japanese). I love my Ford! I am extremely happy that I choose the Focus over the Corolla and Civic. I believe that Ford has been doing their 100%!! If you are interested in a Ford, GO DRIVE ONE! They drive great! Oh, and by the way its GREAT in the snow!"

Loving it

By on Friday, July 15, 2011

Pros: "Quality interior, supportive leather seats, My Ford Touch, gas mileage, drives great"

Cons: "Could use one more small storage area up front"

"Finally a small car with excellent gas mileage that has both style and a quality interior. The 6-speed automatic manual transmission has been smooth and flawless and I especially like the Sport mode. The My Ford Touch (MFT) has also performed without error for me. The soft touch material, upscale materials in the Titanium, excellent supportive leather seating, along with driving performance have made the Ford Focus Titanium an successful alternative to pricier semi-luxury vehicles along with improved gas mileage. The hatch, while 7 inches shorter than the Sedan, provides the same interior room and much more versatility when it comes to storage space. I found everything I wanted option wise without having to give up gas mileage to get it and at a substantially lower price. I was initially worried that this car wouldn’t have enough power, but I’ve found the performance of the 160 horsepower engine to me more than adequate when it comes to power. I’m very pleased with my purchase."