2013 Ford Focus

7.1

Based on 538 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Stay Away From This Car

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pros: "Styling is dead on, Lot's of features for price"

Cons: "Transmission has issues that Ford won't resolve."

"I purchased this 2012 Focus about 3 weeks ago and while it drove nice off the dealer lot after it warmed up and during city driving the car began to shudder when taking off from a stop. I took it to the dealer and they confirmed the shudder I was feeling, They contacted Ford and they stated it was normal. How many of you would care to purchase a car that shudders when taking off from a stop and then would you consider it normal? I talked to Ford Customer Service and that was just a waste of a phone call. In a time when we really have to pinch our pennies it just shock's me that a company such as Ford would not offer any assistance to the customer. There is also issues on some with the electronic power steering and people are finding they have to fight hard to get these vehicles fixed. As a new potential owner do you really want to take a chance and hope that you get a good one? Ford stated that thes issues are isloated incidents but yet they turn right around and say it is normal. How can something be a isloated incident and normal at the same time? Ford has lost my business and while this car is very nice in the looks and style department if you have issues after 2 days off the lot and they refuse to fix it I doubt it is really worth owning."

My Touch makes life EASY

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "Great technology. Fun to Drive. Great fuel economy."

Cons: "needs more storage nooks for devices in the front."

"A lot of people have made negative comments about the Ford My Touch system. After owning the system for 5,000 miles. I have a very different opinion. Every review I have read has missed the whole point of this system. The 8.5 inch touch screen is the SECONDARY way to control things. The PRIMARY way is to use your VOICE. With out taking your hands off of the wheel, you have complete control of the radio, climate control, your phone and nav if you have it. On a typical car, if you are listening to station 10 on Sirius and you want to switch to 117, you have to punch in the numbers or spin a knob. With My Touch, I just say, "117". While the back seat is tight, the front is not cramped at all. It feels like one of the widest cars in its class. My only quibble is that the dual clutch trans is clearly programmed biased toward fuel economy and can be slow to downshift sometimes."

Very Good small car

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "Fun to toss around, great mileage and looks"

Cons: "expensive to get into,"

"I purchased 2nd car in my area. I am pleased with the vehicle It actually corners better than my '09 mustang gt. The transmission does need some tweaking and I understand that a reprogram is available at the dealer that fixes the stuttering and false shifting. I have seen 37 mpg on trips and 29.5 around town."

Bang for the buck

By on Thursday, October 13, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive looks great handles even better."

Cons: "Small back seat"

"This car is the most bang for the buck. You get 160 hp, great handling and good gas mileage. It is fun to drive and looks good too. I got the SE with the sports package I love it. Try getting a new car with back up camera, Bluetooth, 17 inch wheels and a body kit for under 16,500 out the door. It even has a 31 mpg. I use to have a 2012 Focus SEL this car is much better."

Great Little Car

By on Thursday, July 21, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive and economical"

Cons: "Not the greatest head room for tall folks"

"This is an amazing little car. It rides like a big sedan, gets 27 to 28 mpg city and 38 mpg hwy. it is quick "off the line" when you need that shot of speed in traffic. It corners tightly, almost like a sports car. The paint is still great after 2 years not garaged. I highly recommend this car."