2013 Ford Focus

7.1

Based on 544 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Fun with very little compromise

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, utility, & sporty, easy on wallet"

Cons: "Occasional squeak"

"I bought my 2014 Focus ST (ST3) barely 3 weeks ago and have already racked up 2400 miles. My longest times behind the wheel for a single trip has been 13 hours and 10 hours respectively. I never felt uncomfortable in the Recaro seats (I'm 5'11 and 210 lbs) and the MyFord Touch system is great for me. I almost exclusively use voice commands for music, navigation and making calls with very few issues. I stated this first because most of the complaints stem from long distance comfort and the radio controls. Driving the car is a blast and even when I hammer on it it won't drop below 23 MPG/city. Driving conservatively in nets 27 MPG, and obeying the highway speed limits gets me a little over 29 MPG. I have yet to get the 32 MPG Ford claims but I wont drive 55 MPH to do it. I have very few complaints so far with this car. Occasionally I will hear a squeak from the dash, but only rarely. If I really want to nitpick, I would like to see the MPH shown on the display between the gauges. You can do this in "test mode" but it's not convenient. That's it. For what it's worth, my other car is a modified 560 HP G8 GT but I actually enjoy drivng the Focus ST more. It's crazy."

Solid with sporty look

By on Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pros: "Best in class performance and handling w/ high MPG"

Cons: "Minor, not worth mentioning"

"I was looking for great MPG car with good price, handling and style. I looked at nearly all cars in this class and the Focus was the clear winner. It has BMW like feel with great sticker price and MPG. I got the 5 door for added utility. The SEL provides best value. There are some negative reviews on 6 speed dual clutch auto; however, it adds to MPG and ease of driving and I quickly got used to minor shifting lag, don't notice anymore. May be that I am used to it, but could be improvement with break-in as others have suggested. Minor nits on interior include rear seat that hits front seat when folding down and limited storage upfront."

Only car I ever hated

By on Saturday, April 8, 2017

Pros: "Comfort, appearance, mileage."

Cons: "Disasterous transmission,"

"I have owned cars for more than 60 years and this is the first car I have ever hated. The car is attractive, comfortable, meets or exceeds all EPA mileage guidelines, cruises exceptionally at any highway speed: so why do I Hate it? The transmission is so bad Ford should be ashamed to put it on the market. At very slow speeds (in drive with your foot off the accelerator) in shudders and chatters unbelievably. When accelerating it is like starting up on patchy ice. It feels as if the wheels are slipping and then grabbing on the pavement. When turning a corner or accelerating to pass, it cant settle on a gear so may downshift 3-4 gears at once giving a neck wrenching jolt. Ford has given their dealers info sheets on how to explain the problems with this transmission so they KNOW it is junk. I have been a Ford man for many years and will keep this one until I have gotten a fair amount of use from it: but NEVER again."

worst vehicle I've ever had

By on Friday, September 16, 2016

I don't own this car

Pros: "nice convenience features (but we paid for them)"

Cons: "transmission issues that can't be fixed"

"This vehicle has transmission issues that Ford is aware of and has lowered the bar on what is an acceptable performance level to avoid responsibility. It shudders when starting from a stop and the problem gets more noticeable the longer the vehicle is driven. It has been in for service four times with the initial response being to reset the clutch adaptive learning module, to no effect. The last two service visits haven't even produced an attempt to fix the problem, just a notification that the vehicle performs to Fords specifications. This response is despite the fact that the service rep knows exactly what our complaint is when we tell him what the vehicle is. Thus far, the closest they can come to assuming responsibility is to extend the drive train warranty to 10 years, which accomplishes nothing since they are unable or unwilling to do anything about the vehicles issues. In conclusion, this has been the most unsatisfactory vehicle experience I've ever had (and I had a Pontiac Fiero back in the 70's) and I'm stuck driving a defective vehicle or taking a beating on getting out of the lease. It's probably not appropriate to condemn an entire make of cars based on one terrible experience, but if this is Fords idea of customer service, I wouldn't take the risk of dealing with their next problem that's too big to deal with."

Stay Away From This Car

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pros: "Styling is dead on, Lot's of features for price"

Cons: "Transmission has issues that Ford won't resolve."

"I purchased this 2012 Focus about 3 weeks ago and while it drove nice off the dealer lot after it warmed up and during city driving the car began to shudder when taking off from a stop. I took it to the dealer and they confirmed the shudder I was feeling, They contacted Ford and they stated it was normal. How many of you would care to purchase a car that shudders when taking off from a stop and then would you consider it normal? I talked to Ford Customer Service and that was just a waste of a phone call. In a time when we really have to pinch our pennies it just shock's me that a company such as Ford would not offer any assistance to the customer. There is also issues on some with the electronic power steering and people are finding they have to fight hard to get these vehicles fixed. As a new potential owner do you really want to take a chance and hope that you get a good one? Ford stated that thes issues are isloated incidents but yet they turn right around and say it is normal. How can something be a isloated incident and normal at the same time? Ford has lost my business and while this car is very nice in the looks and style department if you have issues after 2 days off the lot and they refuse to fix it I doubt it is really worth owning."