2012 Ford Focus

7.1

Based on 538 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Stay Away From This Car

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pros: "Styling is dead on, Lot's of features for price"

Cons: "Transmission has issues that Ford won't resolve."

"I purchased this 2012 Focus about 3 weeks ago and while it drove nice off the dealer lot after it warmed up and during city driving the car began to shudder when taking off from a stop. I took it to the dealer and they confirmed the shudder I was feeling, They contacted Ford and they stated it was normal. How many of you would care to purchase a car that shudders when taking off from a stop and then would you consider it normal? I talked to Ford Customer Service and that was just a waste of a phone call. In a time when we really have to pinch our pennies it just shock's me that a company such as Ford would not offer any assistance to the customer. There is also issues on some with the electronic power steering and people are finding they have to fight hard to get these vehicles fixed. As a new potential owner do you really want to take a chance and hope that you get a good one? Ford stated that thes issues are isloated incidents but yet they turn right around and say it is normal. How can something be a isloated incident and normal at the same time? Ford has lost my business and while this car is very nice in the looks and style department if you have issues after 2 days off the lot and they refuse to fix it I doubt it is really worth owning."

awesome

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

"i bougth it used with 30k on it a year ago. I had no problem at all and its blast to drive. fuel economy is good and i couldnt have expected anything more from such a small car"

Fun with very little compromise

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, utility, & sporty, easy on wallet"

Cons: "Occasional squeak"

"I bought my 2014 Focus ST (ST3) barely 3 weeks ago and have already racked up 2400 miles. My longest times behind the wheel for a single trip has been 13 hours and 10 hours respectively. I never felt uncomfortable in the Recaro seats (I'm 5'11 and 210 lbs) and the MyFord Touch system is great for me. I almost exclusively use voice commands for music, navigation and making calls with very few issues. I stated this first because most of the complaints stem from long distance comfort and the radio controls. Driving the car is a blast and even when I hammer on it it won't drop below 23 MPG/city. Driving conservatively in nets 27 MPG, and obeying the highway speed limits gets me a little over 29 MPG. I have yet to get the 32 MPG Ford claims but I wont drive 55 MPH to do it. I have very few complaints so far with this car. Occasionally I will hear a squeak from the dash, but only rarely. If I really want to nitpick, I would like to see the MPH shown on the display between the gauges. You can do this in "test mode" but it's not convenient. That's it. For what it's worth, my other car is a modified 560 HP G8 GT but I actually enjoy drivng the Focus ST more. It's crazy."

Can't believe this is classified as an econemy car

By on Monday, July 8, 2013

Pros: "Price, MPG, Quality."

Cons: "base infotament could be better."

"I just got this car used a couple of days ago and love it so far. I got the 2012 SEL 5 door with leather seats, moon roof, fog lamps, parking sensors and 17 inch wheels. It has taken a few days to get used too coming from a 94gand marquis. I have put about 200 miles on the car almost all of which as been city and I am currently getting 29mpg. The drive is nice and the car doesn't feel to small. As for the DCT transmission, I don't notice anything wrong with it other than some minor quirks you get with a manual transmission. For example on a hill start when you take your foot off the brake the car will roll back an inch or two, which is normal for a manual trans car. I think most of the people complaining about the transmission is people who have never driven a manual before. All in All I love this car. I am glad I got a used 2012 Focus SEL and will be looking to get a Focus ST stage 2 in the future. There is nothing economy in the new generation Focus other than the MPG."

Great looks and mileage with cool features. Luv it

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Great ride. Very quiet. Cool looks. Great MPG!!"

Cons: "No interior trunk release...its on the key fobs."

At dealership before windows were tinted. Coolest one there!

"My family leases a 2012 Titanium Sedan, loaded and we love it. It drives very well and is quiet and smooth even at 80+ MPH! Very nice interior and our Sync system has performed as expected. Some reviews knock the automatic transmission...I cannot say ours has ANY bad or balky shifts. We get complements from people all the time about how cool it looks...we got the Yellow Blaze Metallic paint with Black 17" wheels. Our kids are under 10 yrs old so back legroom has been no concern. I love this car and will buy it when the lease is over."

At dealership before windows were tinted. Coolest one there!