2012 Ford Focus

7.1

Based on 538 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.2/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Stay Away From This Car

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pros: "Styling is dead on, Lot's of features for price"

Cons: "Transmission has issues that Ford won't resolve."

"I purchased this 2012 Focus about 3 weeks ago and while it drove nice off the dealer lot after it warmed up and during city driving the car began to shudder when taking off from a stop. I took it to the dealer and they confirmed the shudder I was feeling, They contacted Ford and they stated it was normal. How many of you would care to purchase a car that shudders when taking off from a stop and then would you consider it normal? I talked to Ford Customer Service and that was just a waste of a phone call. In a time when we really have to pinch our pennies it just shock's me that a company such as Ford would not offer any assistance to the customer. There is also issues on some with the electronic power steering and people are finding they have to fight hard to get these vehicles fixed. As a new potential owner do you really want to take a chance and hope that you get a good one? Ford stated that thes issues are isloated incidents but yet they turn right around and say it is normal. How can something be a isloated incident and normal at the same time? Ford has lost my business and while this car is very nice in the looks and style department if you have issues after 2 days off the lot and they refuse to fix it I doubt it is really worth owning."

My Touch makes life EASY

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "Great technology. Fun to Drive. Great fuel economy."

Cons: "needs more storage nooks for devices in the front."

"A lot of people have made negative comments about the Ford My Touch system. After owning the system for 5,000 miles. I have a very different opinion. Every review I have read has missed the whole point of this system. The 8.5 inch touch screen is the SECONDARY way to control things. The PRIMARY way is to use your VOICE. With out taking your hands off of the wheel, you have complete control of the radio, climate control, your phone and nav if you have it. On a typical car, if you are listening to station 10 on Sirius and you want to switch to 117, you have to punch in the numbers or spin a knob. With My Touch, I just say, "117". While the back seat is tight, the front is not cramped at all. It feels like one of the widest cars in its class. My only quibble is that the dual clutch trans is clearly programmed biased toward fuel economy and can be slow to downshift sometimes."

Very dependable and economical

By on Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Pros: "A comfortable and dependable vehiccle"

Cons: "Transmission shudder when shigting"

"We have owned this vehicle for almost 2 years and other than a minor problem (chatter when shifting) we are extremely well pleased with the quality and drivability of this car. Fully expect it to last 10 years and we have excellent dealer support."

awesome

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

"i bougth it used with 30k on it a year ago. I had no problem at all and its blast to drive. fuel economy is good and i couldnt have expected anything more from such a small car"

Fun with very little compromise

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, utility, & sporty, easy on wallet"

Cons: "Occasional squeak"

"I bought my 2014 Focus ST (ST3) barely 3 weeks ago and have already racked up 2400 miles. My longest times behind the wheel for a single trip has been 13 hours and 10 hours respectively. I never felt uncomfortable in the Recaro seats (I'm 5'11 and 210 lbs) and the MyFord Touch system is great for me. I almost exclusively use voice commands for music, navigation and making calls with very few issues. I stated this first because most of the complaints stem from long distance comfort and the radio controls. Driving the car is a blast and even when I hammer on it it won't drop below 23 MPG/city. Driving conservatively in nets 27 MPG, and obeying the highway speed limits gets me a little over 29 MPG. I have yet to get the 32 MPG Ford claims but I wont drive 55 MPH to do it. I have very few complaints so far with this car. Occasionally I will hear a squeak from the dash, but only rarely. If I really want to nitpick, I would like to see the MPH shown on the display between the gauges. You can do this in "test mode" but it's not convenient. That's it. For what it's worth, my other car is a modified 560 HP G8 GT but I actually enjoy drivng the Focus ST more. It's crazy."